IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are you new?

Please feel free to say hello here in the New Members thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spaced Article
nat_lucas
post Mar 28 2011, 08:47 AM
Post #1

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 6,947

Hi, for a college assignment I have been asked to write an article about the TV show of my choice and of course I have chosen Spaced. For the article I need to include 3 interviews and I was wondering if anyone would help me out and answer some questions for me.
Here are the questions ....
What are your opinions on Spaced?
What made you begin to watch Spaced?
What do/donít you like about Spaced?
How did you feel when Spaced didnít return to the screens?
Would you like there to be more spaced in the future?
Do you think Spaced can be compared to the likes of Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the dead, if so how?

If you could just post the anwers that would be great smile.gif
Thank you
Natalie x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
peggy277
post Mar 28 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #2

No Pinter

Member No.: 6,945

Hi

Im new to this forum but as I am also doing research for my degree I will answer the questions as well as I can and I hope it will be of some use

1) I really enjoy watching Spaced. I find that it is different to other sitcoms and the references to other films and programmes means the programme has different meanings and can be enjoyed for the humour and also the cult references

2) I was introduced to Spaced by my brother and watched it with him and then later got the box set and continued watching

3) One of the main things I think that I like about Spaced is Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's clear enthusiasm for TV and film which is seen through the programme and also that it uses different humour to other sitcoms aimed at a similar age group (Friends, for example). I cant think of anything I dont like about Spaced really

4) As I was introduced to Spaced later on, when it didnt return to the screens, it didnt bother me because I bought the box set later.

5) Of course, that is not to say I wouldnt like to see more Spaced in the future, that would be great!

6) I think Spaced can be compared to Hot Fuzz etc in some sense as it uses many intertextual references and the combination of Nick Frost and Simon Pegg is so strong that it is difficult not to compare them. However, as Spaced is made for TV and the others are films they are different and shouldnt necassarily be compared

I hope this is helpful
Would it be possible for me to ask you a couple of questions?

What made you come on this forum for your questionnaire rather than asking people in person?
Have you used this forum before?

+Quote Post
nat_lucas
post Apr 1 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #3

No Pinter

Member No.: 6,947

Hi
Thank you sooo much! You have helped me alot and your reply was great! smile.gif
And in reply to your questionaire I though it would be good to ask a few people I know in person and record it but I was also encouraged to join a forum(which I haven't done before) and ask people on there. As it is a site designed for people to discuss with one another about a certain topic,I thought there would be a good response from that. And I have not used this or any forum before then.
Hope thats ok
Thanks again
Natalie

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:17 PM