Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shaun / Land of the Dead Double Feature, Right in the centre of London
Wife Of Rolex
post Aug 22 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #76

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,423

No, it was the fact I had to blag that seat in the first place that says there was slack facilities. Before going in a woman was talking to me about how silly it was that there was no proper seating and that people were expected to sit on a stone floor for the best part of 6 hours of entertainment. I could see many people were quite uncomfortable all evening but maybe were prepared to put up with it or unwilling to complain.

And at £12.50 a ticket I don't think it's unreasonable for me to write to them and say what I felt was wrong.

Wife Of Rolex
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kiss my empty ba...
post Aug 22 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #77

Four Pinter

Member No.: 2,712

sad.gif I feel quiet emotional to read this I could of had the day off for work but I had absolutley no one to go with everybody having other plans (or they dont like me ! lol)
Im so upset/devastated I missed this but im glad everyone had a nice time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Aug 22 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #78

Cursing. Ladies. Dancing. And pleasure.

Member No.: 2,284

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Aug 22 2005, 06:20 PM)
No, it was the fact I had to blag that seat in the first place that says there was slack facilities. Before going in a woman was talking to me about how silly it was that there was no proper seating and that people were expected to sit on a stone floor for the best part of 6 hours of entertainment. I could see many people were quite uncomfortable all evening but maybe were prepared to put up with it or unwilling to complain.

And at £12.50 a ticket I don't think it's unreasonable for me to write to them and say what I felt was wrong.

Wife Of Rolex

It does seem a bit stupid to have to pay £12.50 to sit on a stone cold floor! Someone could have made a mint selling beanbags just outside the door.

+Quote Post
sleeping_pirate
post Aug 23 2005, 10:59 AM
Post #79

If I was young, I'd flee this town

Member No.: 3,052

QUOTE (frostitute @ Aug 22 2005, 09:13 AM)
Did they explain why Nick wasn't in attendance?

Simon said to me that he was on holiday.

+Quote Post
feckless_dykey_p...
post Aug 23 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #80

South London to Kent. Oh yes.

Member No.: 4,064

QUOTE (sleeping_pirate @ Aug 23 2005, 10:59 AM)
Simon said to me that he was on holiday.

Ooh, lucky Nick! I want to go on holiday sad.gif

+Quote Post
spacegurl
post Aug 23 2005, 11:07 AM
Post #81

Member No.: 2,345

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Aug 22 2005, 06:20 PM)
No, it was the fact I had to blag that seat in the first place that says there was slack facilities. Before going in a woman was talking to me about how silly it was that there was no proper seating and that people were expected to sit on a stone floor for the best part of 6 hours of entertainment.

Didn't the organisers make it clear when you purchased the tickets? There are never proper seats for these kinds of film screenings.
What time did they show Land of the dead then?

+Quote Post
sleeping_pirate
post Aug 23 2005, 11:14 AM
Post #82

My arse was hurting after sitting on that stone floor for so long, but it was a brilliant evening.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Aug 23 2005, 05:52 PM
Post #83

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE (spacegurl @ Aug 23 2005, 11:07 AM)
Didn't the organisers make it clear when you purchased the tickets? There are never proper seats for these kinds of film screenings.
What time did they show Land of the dead then?

Well the ticket was an early birthday present from my friend Laura. I only found out about there being no seats when Feckless_Dykey_Prostitute pointed it out (which, btw, I'm very thankful for). Although I'd never been to Somerset House before I knew the courtyard was a stone floor so thought there'd be seats. If it was grass there'd be no problem but stone is a far too hard to sit on for 5 hours, as Sleeping_Pirate has testified to. They could've put some mats down or something.

Land Of The Dead was on at 11:25pm but I had to get to Fenchurch Street to catch the last train. I live on the very outer edge of London and the nightbus doesn't go where I live. Otherwise I would've stayed.

Wife Of Rolex

+Quote Post
MyDogAteLA
post Aug 24 2005, 02:18 AM
Post #84

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,559

QUOTE (CazBag @ Aug 22 2005, 07:18 AM)
Did anyone ask Simon how Hot Fuzz was coming along or anything about Three Bad Men? 

'Three Bad Men' has, unfortunately, been cancelled due to "not being able to secure a director/cast/budget". sad.gif

Harmony

+Quote Post
CazBag
post Aug 24 2005, 08:50 AM
Post #85

Four Pinter

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,487

QUOTE (mydogatela @ Aug 24 2005, 02:18 AM)
'Three Bad Men' has, unfortunately, been cancelled due to "not being able to secure a director/cast/budget".    sad.gif 

Harmony

Oh no! That's a shame! Where'd you hear that?

+Quote Post
KevinandNick
post Aug 24 2005, 11:30 AM
Post #86

The Magnificent Butchers

Member No.: 4,381

Hi guys!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but we just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here who said nice things about us on Saturday.

It really was great to be a part of it - we met so many wonderful people that evening.

We want to apologise to the guy who wore that REALLY cool red Dawn of the Dead t-shirt (with the machette zombie on it) for defacing that t-shirt with our almost illegible scrawl. Well, we DID ask him if he was sure about it beforehand! laugh.gif

Feckless_dykie_prostitute - did you HAVE to post that scan of our aforementioned scrawl for all the world to see! LOL!!! We just did our "zombie" look for pictures - hopefully people saw that we are happy bunnies really!

We had a funny feeling that one of two certiain people - no prizes for guessing their identities - was going to do something like sing Happy Birthday to us - having such a huge crowd singing along was certainly one of those surreal moments that are not likely to be forgotten in a hurry!

Once again, thanks to everyone who were nice enough to come up and say "hi" to us.

All the best smile.gif ,

KEVIN & NICK

+Quote Post
MyDogAteLA
post Aug 24 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #87

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,559

QUOTE (CazBag @ Aug 24 2005, 02:50 AM)
Oh no!  That's a shame!  Where'd you hear that?

News update from Simon, which is posted on Peggster.net.

Harmony

+Quote Post
CazBag
post Aug 24 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #88

Four Pinter

QUOTE (mydogatela @ Aug 24 2005, 05:33 PM)
News update from Simon, which is posted on Peggster.net.

Harmony

From the horses mouth eh?! Thanks for sharing that with us smile.gif

+Quote Post
CazBag
post Aug 24 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #89

Four Pinter

QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Aug 24 2005, 11:30 AM)
Hi guys!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but we just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here who said nice things about us on Saturday.

It really was great to be a part of it - we met so many wonderful people that evening.

We had a funny feeling that one of two certiain people - no prizes for guessing their identities -  was going to do something like sing Happy Birthday to us - having such a huge crowd singing along was certainly one of those surreal moments that are not likely to be forgotten in a hurry!

Once again, thanks to everyone who were nice enough to come up and say "hi" to us.

All the best  smile.gif ,

KEVIN & NICK

Glad you enjoyed it guys! Nice meeting you. Glad you liked the cat's chorus!

CB

+Quote Post
sleeping_pirate
post Aug 25 2005, 11:00 AM
Post #90

QUOTE (KevinandNick @ Aug 24 2005, 11:30 AM)
Hi guys!

We want to apologise to the guy who wore that REALLY cool red Dawn of the Dead t-shirt (with the machette zombie on it) for defacing that t-shirt with our almost illegible scrawl.  Well, we DID ask him if he was sure about it beforehand!   laugh.gif

Feckless_dykie_prostitute - did you HAVE to post that scan of our aforementioned scrawl for all the world to see! LOL!!!  We just did our "zombie" look for pictures - hopefully people saw that we are happy bunnies really!

We had a funny feeling that one of two certiain people - no prizes for guessing their identities -  was going to do something like sing Happy Birthday to us - having such a huge crowd singing along was certainly one of those surreal moments that are not likely to be forgotten in a hurry!

All the best   smile.gif ,

KEVIN & NICK

It was really great meeting you, hope you had a nice birthday! (I was one of the girls who spotted you right at the beginning and got autographs biggrin.gif )

This post has been edited by sleeping_pirate: Aug 25 2005, 11:03 AM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:00 AM