Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Party Tape, Here We Go!, Daisy's Party Discussion
Raven
post Aug 7 2005, 03:17 PM
Post #1

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Good though Beginnings was, for me this is where the series really kicked off - but what do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
maian
post Aug 9 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #2

Bully for you

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,498

I think this episode served as the second half of the episode really. By that I mean that they built on what Beginnings had given them in the form of the Daisy/Tim relationship and the fact they didn't really know each other (''hahaha thrush'') but also fleshed out the peripheral characters to a much greater extent. Plus there is the first Mike and Tim tree flashback.

I've always thought that the greatest development for the series that emerged from the series was the dispelling of Brian's mystique and ambiguity. Before we were unsure about him and whose side he was on but in this one he falls firmly on the side of Tim and Daisy and he is brought into the fold. Which is greta since he has some great moments later on in the series and this was the episode which allowed for those to happen and started his development as a character.

I didn't fall into the trap of thinking that Tim and Daisy had had sex, although I don't know why, since it was the sort of thing that would have gone ove rthe head of my younger self but i got it as soon as they showed the clean flat, and the 'do wanna descale the teapot?' 'You filthy bitch' 'You love it' exchange confirmed what I expected.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:31 AM