IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marvel UK Real Ghostbusters comics, I needs em.
castewar
post Aug 18 2005, 03:57 AM
Post #1

Guests

Howdy.

So, in short, I'm trying to find out more about the Marvel UK RGB series, but I'm hampered by two things;

1) they are hard to find. they rarely hit ebay, and I'm in Canada, so it's not like there are old collections of them sitting in too many basements and attics.

2) nobody knows how many were produced. I've talked to the people who edited them. I've talked to people who publish them. I've talked to people who are re-publishing them as we speak. And nobody knows exactly how many were produced. No comic price guide lists them at all (at least not current, but usually the big one's keep track of everything, so if they don't include them now, there's little chance they ever included them)

"So..." you say, "...what?"

Well, I'm working on a little something and I needs scans of the covers. If anybody has any lying around they like to turn into stickers, strange Canadian chocolate bars, boxes of Kraft Dinner, or even cash (this is tricky, as without a price guide, I don't know what value is too high or too low), talk to me.

And if you have them, or know of some, can't trade/sell, but are willing to scan the covers for me, stickers and choco bars are still up for grabs.

In any case, thanks for listening to me ramble. It's been ten long years of meandering around, looking for these things, and it only occurred to me TODAY to pose the problem with a mass UK collective I happen to know of. Thanks Intertron!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Aug 18 2005, 04:53 AM
Post #2

Candygram!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,452

If I had any, I would surely trade you for some Aero bars.

+Quote Post
castewar
post Aug 18 2005, 08:51 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Aug 17 2005, 09:53 PM)
If I had any, I would surely trade you for some Aero bars.

Mmmmm, Areo bars. And mint Areo (my personal favorite.)

Well, I'm always game to ship Canadiana abroad - sooner or later I think of something from the UK I need forwarded along. And it's a standing offer - so if you sees any RGBs, just think of the tiny, chocolate bubbles...
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Stantz
post Aug 18 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #4

Three Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,400

Hey im guessing your the same castewar from GBHQ, i dont know if its any help but some are being re-release in a hardback book..

A Hard Days Fright

+Quote Post
castewar
post Aug 18 2005, 07:12 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Stantz @ Aug 18 2005, 05:45 AM)
Hey im guessing your the same castewar from GBHQ, i dont know if its any help but some are being re-release in a hardback book..

A Hard Days Fright

If they have pictures of the covers inside, it'll help, but I won't know until my copy arrives (which will hopefully be soon.)

And yes, same castewar as GBHQ. Small world, innit?

+Quote Post
iandawes
post Jun 19 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #6

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 6,957

I have the covers for every issue of the UK Ghostbusters Marvel comic up to issue 170.
Also have all the Slimer covers and many other spin off comics as well.
Ian.

QUOTE (castewar @ Aug 18 2005, 04:57 AM) *
Howdy.

So, in short, I'm trying to find out more about the Marvel UK RGB series, but I'm hampered by two things;

1) they are hard to find. they rarely hit ebay, and I'm in Canada, so it's not like there are old collections of them sitting in too many basements and attics.

2) nobody knows how many were produced. I've talked to the people who edited them. I've talked to people who publish them. I've talked to people who are re-publishing them as we speak. And nobody knows exactly how many were produced. No comic price guide lists them at all (at least not current, but usually the big one's keep track of everything, so if they don't include them now, there's little chance they ever included them)

"So..." you say, "...what?"

Well, I'm working on a little something and I needs scans of the covers. If anybody has any lying around they like to turn into stickers, strange Canadian chocolate bars, boxes of Kraft Dinner, or even cash (this is tricky, as without a price guide, I don't know what value is too high or too low), talk to me.

And if you have them, or know of some, can't trade/sell, but are willing to scan the covers for me, stickers and choco bars are still up for grabs.

In any case, thanks for listening to me ramble. It's been ten long years of meandering around, looking for these things, and it only occurred to me TODAY to pose the problem with a mass UK collective I happen to know of. Thanks Intertron!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:21 AM