Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shaun of the Dead Comic Signing
Adem
post Sep 30 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #16

Guests

Hello all, this is my first post! I've looked around on these forums for quite a bit but have never really had anything productive to say myself! Anyway, I am very excited about going to this signing, I will get there as early as it takes to see Simon as he is a great influence in comedy to me.
Anywho, I've never been to a signing before (except for a Jimmy Eat World one where I managed to get them to sign a contract admitting my band is better than theirs, resulting in me being verbally abused by one of the band members in front of his baby girl) and I was wondering if I might be able to give both Simon and Edgar a package. No it's not a bomb, I have been writing an Internet Tv Show called Exit for some time now and am intending to record and edit a couple of episodes over the next month, I thought it a brilliant idea if I could pass on a copy of the DVD each to Edgar and Simon. Just because they are a major influence really. Do you think I'd be allowed to give them stuff!?
Thanks
Adem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Oct 1 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #17

Daddy Cool

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,633

I don't think you would be allowed. And even if you did then they probably wouldn't even unwrap it.

Because there are problems with people being given gifts and then about five years down the line the person who gave them the gift accuses them of plagiarising parts of it.

JK Rowling, for instance, has security who immediately take and then later on destroy any packages given to her... because even one tiny sentence, intentionally or not, and they could sue her ass off.

Michael Jackson has famously been involved in 1000 plagiarism cases and won every single one. Quite often they are deranged fans who just meet him and then drop the charges and more often they are loonies who sent him parcels with videos or songs on, then accuse him of taking a phrase, or a general sound/feeling of a song.

I suppose it depends on how trusting Simon and Edgar are!! But if they turn it away, it's nothing personal, it's just them covering their backs.

This post has been edited by Ghost_862: Oct 1 2005, 12:23 AM

+Quote Post
the_vicki_monste...
post Oct 3 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #18

two down one to go

Member No.: 3,826

I am so excited about the signing (does that make me a bit sad).

I think you should give it a go with your comedy show Adem, good luck with that. When will be able to see it?

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Oct 3 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #19

Varga Girl

Member No.: 2,531

QUOTE (Adem @ Sep 30 2005, 06:06 PM)
I was wondering if I might be able to give both Simon and Edgar a package. 

When the guys were here promoting Shaun, some of my friends gave them various tapes & art that they created. They accepted them happily.

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Oct 3 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #20

Daddy Cool

QUOTE (the_vicki_monster @ Oct 3 2005, 04:04 PM)
I am so excited about the signing (does that make me a bit sad).

No, I am too tongue.gif

+Quote Post
skyblue
post Oct 4 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #21

Guests

Anyway... What time would you recommend getting there for? Only an hour for a signing really doesn't seem that long, but then I can't imagine how many people will show up...

+Quote Post
Adem
post Oct 4 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #22

Guests

Probably a couple hundred geeks like us..................... But i'm the good looking one tongue.gif lol, I kid.

I intend on getting there very early considering I don't yet own the shaun of the dead comic, I always intended to and this is my incentive, no doubt my girlfriend will wander off to Oxford Street and get some shopping done while i'm just staring around at the comics and DVD's. biggrin.gif But yeah i'm getting there early, and only 'cos I wanna buy the stuff first.

This post has been edited by Adem: Oct 4 2005, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post
skyblue
post Oct 4 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #23

Guests

Lol! How early were you thinking, like midday or much earlier? I really am clueless about this sorta thing!

Never been to the Forbidden Planet either. In fact, I'm not sure I've even been to Shaftesbury Ave...

+Quote Post
Adem
post Oct 4 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #24

Guests

Erm I dunno, I live just out of london so its sort of a trek to get there (well ok about an hour and a half in total) so I was gonna get there about half ten to eleven.

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Oct 4 2005, 08:38 PM
Post #25

Daddy Cool

QUOTE (Adem @ Oct 4 2005, 07:48 PM)
Erm I dunno, I live just out of london so its sort of a trek to get there (well ok about an hour and a half in total) so I was gonna get there about half ten to eleven.

Ditto. I'm sure it's too early but I shall find out where the queue is and stand there for three hours until they arrive laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 4 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #26

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Oct 4 2005, 08:38 PM)
Ditto. I'm sure it's too early but I shall find out where the queue is and stand there for three hours until they arrive  laugh.gif

Last time I went to a signing at FP (for the special edition spaced), I queued for over an hour and was very late back for lunch. It would definitely try to get there for 12 and be prepared for a long wait.

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Oct 4 2005, 08:49 PM
Post #27

Daddy Cool

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Oct 4 2005, 08:41 PM)
Last time I went to a signing at FP (for the special edition spaced), I queued for over an hour and was very late back for lunch. It would definitely try to get there for 12 and be prepared for a long wait.

I shall be there earlier than twleve, I am sure. I am terrible. I get everywhere far too early and then get irritated because the other people are on time.

I may come with some friends, which would be jolly fantastic, but it all depends on whether they have more important things to do, like going bowling or staying in bed.

Damn them!

+Quote Post
Ron Burgundy
post Oct 5 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #28

One Pinter

Member No.: 4,504

I too live an hour and a half away plus a short ride on from Kings Cross on the Piccadilly line. I will leave Leicester at 9 and see what happens.

I can see it already. Dozens of geeks like us, aimlessly wandering around Forbidden Planet all morning, casting furtive glances at anybody who may look like they're intending to start a queue.

Chuckle.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 5 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #29

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (Ron Burgundy @ Oct 5 2005, 11:01 AM)
I can see it already.  Dozens of geeks like us, aimlessly wandering around Forbidden Planet all morning, casting furtive glances at anybody who may look like they're intending to start a queue. 

The queue will likely be on the street outside the back door, like last time. But you're right about the dozens of geeks.

+Quote Post
trix
post Oct 5 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #30

Guests

hellooo-- am new. Hoping to go to the signing, although I'm more of a Spaced fan than Shaun really. Thanks for the tip on the queueing- I'll prob. be coming on my own so hoping to make friends in the queue.... Might get there about 10/11?

xx Trix xx

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 06:21 AM