4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Simpsons, TV Thread
Marty
post Oct 15 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #16

Guests

Why?

I'm not talking about running it for bloody ever like our lovely non-grating Simpsons.

Season, or two. It would be lovely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Oct 15 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #17

Cursing. Ladies. Dancing. And pleasure.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,284

QUOTE (Ingram @ Oct 15 2005, 07:09 PM)
You might get a bit of argument there, even from the Futurama faithful.

Not from this Futurama Faithful. It's a far, far funnier more interesting show than the Simpsons and deserved more airtime than it got. But ain't that always the way? (I've been watching Firefly today and cursing the name of Fox).

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Oct 15 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 3,514

QUOTE (Stella MM @ Oct 15 2005, 07:59 PM)
Not from this Futurama Faithful. It's a far, far funnier more interesting show than the Simpsons and deserved more airtime than it got. But ain't that always the way? (I've been watching Firefly today and cursing the name of Fox).

Most of the fans I know wanted more but agreed that if had gone on longer and got shit then it just wouldnt have been the same. It would be harder to enjoy the old episodes if it had become worse... if you see what I mean.

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 15 2005, 07:09 PM
Post #19

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (Ingram @ Oct 15 2005, 07:02 PM)
Most of the fans I know wanted more but agreed that if had gone on longer and got shit then it just wouldnt have been the same.  It would be harder to enjoy the old episodes if it had become worse... if you see what I mean.

I agree with you to an extent Ingram. I do think that the series would have gotten poorer over time because that's the way that things go and it's unavoidable. But I'd still have loved to have seen another series or two just to see what they might have done.

Which is why the possibility of DVD movies is quite attractive since it allows for them to continue with their vision but with less chance of them running out of ideas by spreading them thinly over an entire season. I really hope that they go ahead with it since I've had too little Futurama of late.

+Quote Post
Marty
post Oct 15 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #20

Guests

Seems a common ideal to whoever I speak to as well as here it seems. Another season, maybe two! Not spread to shit like Simpsons!

Point is, some more Futurama would be more than welcome.

Less Simpsons would be a treat from heaven for me!

And please... Firefly is pure stir fried genius. If that doesn't get a mini-series at least now I'll punch someone out.

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 15 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #21

Bully for you

I reckon Joss'll get another film out of it before it returns to TV. If the DVD sales stay quite high he might get the mini-series/series even sooner but I don't expect it to get picked up instantly, especially since he's got to work on Wonder Woman now.

That last sentence was the only one I could think of that was only a slight double entendre.

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Oct 15 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #22

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

I prefer Family Guy, always have. And Beavis and Butt-Head and King of the Hill before it.

The Simpsons has always inspired a big feeling of "meh" from me, not sure why.

+Quote Post
Marty
post Oct 15 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #23

Guests

I'd like to work on Wonder Woman......

I'm certain DVD sales of the Firefly boxset are having a rare old boost right now. I'm going to get one as soon as, rather than keep on borrowing from people. My other half hates Buffy (and to a lesser extent Angel - because she can't be bothered to watch it) and the prospect of watching another shite fest from that twat JW filled her with a rather uncharacteristic rage. Finally though she was talked into watching it from someone at her work place. And she fucking loved it.

Interest is on the up anyway, and there's one more to add to the list.

So there is the hope that the interest will cause money being thrown into making more.

More is good, too much is poo.

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 15 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #24

Bully for you

I heard some people outside my Uni talking about Serenity and Firefly the other day and it really filled me with hope for more episodes.films since they were clearly people who were fans who were talking to non-fans and the non-fans were clearly interested, that's word-of-mouth in action if I ever saw it. I'd love to have been in the room when Fox Executives found out that Firefly DVD sales were through the roof and Serenity was Number 2 in the US. Their faces would have been priceless!

+Quote Post
theevilresident1...
post Oct 16 2005, 05:13 AM
Post #25

I'm Daisy - "writer."

Member No.: 4,220

I indeed do agree, Futurama is an excellent show, we do't get it anymore...typical! In fact, we can only see The Simpsons on Saturdays (I believe) and Sundays; bugger. My other fave eps are "Kamp Krusty" and "Krusty Gets Cancelled" I too, admit, I have 5 seasons on DVD. I also enjoy any episode with Lionel Hutz (one of my fave characters) and Troy as well.

+Quote Post
Ingram
post Oct 16 2005, 07:42 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,514

I'm afraid that "Simpson saturation" very much on the scale of "Friends saturation" has happened in the UK. Channel 4 running episodes daily with an extra one on Friday evening, all the while Sky One showing about 2/3 episodes every single day - sometimes many more if they have a gimmic running.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Oct 16 2005, 01:54 PM
Post #27

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Ingram @ Oct 15 2005, 06:09 PM)
You might get a bit of argument there, even from the Futurama faithful.

Simpsons = Good but not great

Futurama = I NEED THIS TO LIVE

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 16 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #28

Bully for you

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Oct 16 2005, 01:54 PM)
Simpsons = Good but not great

Futurama = I NEED THIS TO LIVE

So are you melting down the DVD's and injecting them intravenously? Or making them into a nice sauce to be enjoyed with pasta?

+Quote Post
m0r1arty
post Oct 16 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #29

Feel the Rainbow

From: Sitting between Civil Liberties and the Data Protection Act
Member No.: 3,341

Geez I was 10 when the Simpsons got their own show, that's what, almost 18 years ago, thats an adult!

My favourite show was the one with the B-Sharps "Baby on board"

But I also liked the one with Sideshow Bob and his Brother (Niles) - good cameo there.

Oh and the one where the geeky comic guy has the T-shirt Worst episode ever on it.

And when Marge gets Itchy and Scrathcy PC-ified

And most of the Halloween specials

and the one where Bart is like Evil Keneeval (spelling)

and, and, oh loads of em'

-m0r

+Quote Post
shinyelvenqueen
post Oct 16 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #30

Bad.

Member No.: 4,009

You can't mention simpsons without mentioning Futurama. I would not object another season of Futurama. Bring it to my eyes.
As for my fav simpsons, I like the one where Bart finds the homeless guy and they bankrupt Itchy and Scratchy corp.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 11:00 AM