Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Robin Hood, Dig Out Your Tights . . .
Starscream`s Gho...
post Jul 3 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #211

Alley Viper

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,024

And you won't have to; it's not coming back.

A mercy killing, I think.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jul 3 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #212

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Jul 3 2009, 12:28 PM) *
And you won't have to; it's not coming back.

A mercy killing, I think.

I've actually come around to Robin Hood this year.

After posting my remark above (in March) I didn't watch the first few episodes but I did catch one about four or five episodes in and it was a vast improvement on previous seasons, so I kept watching. If they had made another series I think I would have carried on watching, but given how this series ended, I think it probably has come to a natural end now.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Jul 3 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #213

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

Series 3 was easily the best made. It had found it's footing and had both better stories and performances all round. It's a shame it's been seen as a flop as it was more down to the BBC shunting it around the schedules than the quality of the show. This last series was meant to be shown last year, with the final episode shown at Christmas. Discarding that last episode, which was actually a fine dramatic tearjerker worthy of any series finale, to BBC 2 to make way for an Andy Murray match at Wimbledon, severly let down anyone who worked on the series to give it a decent ending.

A spin off with Archer could easily be made. A shorter 8 episode series would still be popular with Robin Hood fans.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jul 3 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #214

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

I'm not sure they did anything amazingly different from previous seasons, to be honest. They just cut a lot of the contemporary referencing that was bogging the series down and tightened up the story lines.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Jul 7 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #215

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 3 2009, 04:50 PM) *
I'm not sure they did anything amazingly different from previous seasons, to be honest. They just cut a lot of the contemporary referencing that was bogging the series down and tightened up the story lines.

That's what I mean. It's a fine line between what works and what doesn't on screen. just a little bit of tightening up and seeing what didn't work before made for stronger episodes in the last series. It's a shame other tv shows don't quite get the same opportunity to develop in the same way, getting binned after the first series if it's not immediately a hit.

The final episode is being aired again on BBC1 this Saturday, after it was shunted off last week for the tennis. I like that they've done that as a lot of people missed a good ending.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 07:51 PM