Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Uncomfortable Viewing, Conflict in the Spaced Household
Raven
post Nov 21 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

As I've said in the Rate Dissolution thread I find this a very difficult episode to watch as it just makes me uncomfortable to see close friends arguing as they do in this episode.

Consequently this episode is the one I have watched the least but am I doing it a disservice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Nov 21 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #2

Fuelled by Dr Oetker Mozzarella Pizza™

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,821

I like this episode. It hints that things are starting to reach an end and teases that the friends are going to go their seperate ways (which Twist eventually does). It made watching the last episode quite tense, and therefore made the resolution of series two all the more satisfying.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Nov 21 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (Henry Krinkle @ Nov 21 2005, 02:20 PM)
I like this episode. It hints that things are starting to reach an end and teases that the friends are going to go their seperate ways (which Twist eventually does).

Ah, but she regrets it!

+Quote Post
Ade
post Nov 21 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #4

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

I think yes, Raven, a disservice you are doing it indeed.

I'm definitely with HenryK on this one - I've always thought it's a great episode. Opening with that terrific Omen reference is a clever move; as a movie ref it works brilliantly as a dramatic device, while still retaining an element of the usual comedic intent. And although many fans find the tension of this episode unbearable, I have always found it one of the more fascinating episodes to watch, and still pretty damn funny. After all, the tension of the birthday meal scene is littered with plenty of humour, despite the fact all the characters are having a pop at each other, so it's not all bad. And it does indeed ramp up the tension before Episode 7. I thought it was a brave way to tackle the closure of Series 2, instead of just playing it safer with a straightforward happy ending.

Summat like that, anyway.

+Quote Post
Stella MM
post Nov 22 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #5

Cursing. Ladies. Dancing. And pleasure.

Member No.: 2,284

No, I'm with Raven on this one. I find it uncomfortable viewing, despite the genius that is the line "Bitter, Mike?"

+Quote Post
Chapman Baxter
post Nov 22 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #6

The sick product of a crazy society

Member No.: 2,263

I too agree with Raven. While I do enjoy a lot of the jokes, I feel too close to the characters to enjoy seeing them fall out. Though I must say I love the Empire ending.

+Quote Post
maian
post Nov 25 2005, 03:14 AM
Post #7

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

As mentioned in the 'Rate Dissolution' thread, I really love this episode because of the uncomfortableness of it, it's not exactly fun to see friends fight and fall out, but it is a fascinating episode to watch and they do manage to get a fair deal of humour from it regardless.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:44 AM