Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The best bits of Leaves
Chapman Baxter
post Nov 26 2005, 07:03 PM
Post #1

The sick product of a crazy society

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,263

As far as I'm concerned Mike is the star of this episode - the Steven Seagal pose, the thinking noises, rolling down the corridor, convincing Brian he's a man not a mouse with the Thunderbirds theme, the way he reads 'Tim' on the front of Daisy's letter as if he's never heard of anyone by the name. Superb.

My other favourite moments include Tim puckering up for a kiss with Marsha only for her to respond with 'Kiss my arse', and the way Brian half-heartedly waves at Marsha from the tank. And the closing montage never fails to bring a smile to my face.

I'm sure I've missed plenty out, so please fill in the gaps!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mrs Bisley
post Nov 28 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #2

Rov'rum

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,384

All of this episode, as usual, makes me laugh to the point of almost wetting myself!!

I love the look on Mike's face when he's waving the banner in the tank.... he looks like an excited child!!

That whimpering noise that Tim makes in the van after imagining kissing Marsha is classic!!

This whole episode rocks, but, my favourite bit of it, and one of my favourite bits in Spaced, is when Mike picks up the letter off the table and goes "Tim?" as if he's never even heard of him before laugh.gif CLASSIC!!!!

xoxo

+Quote Post
Mrs Bisley
post Nov 28 2005, 06:48 PM
Post #3

Rov'rum

Member No.: 4,384

I'm putting this in here because it wont let me post in the Gone and Dissolution threads, but, has anyone else noticed that Stan Shunpike in 'Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban' is played by the one and only Lee Ingleby who plays the gang leader in Gone?

I almost kacked my pants when I realised it was him!!

Soz for putting it in the wrong thread, but, don't blame me lol

xoxo

This post has been edited by Mrs Bisley: Nov 28 2005, 06:49 PM

+Quote Post
RIP Banners-on-the-Hill
post Nov 29 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Nov 28 2005, 06:48 PM)
...has anyone else noticed that Stan Shunpike in 'Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban' is played by the one and only Lee Ingleby who plays the gang leader in Gone?

I almost kacked my pants when I realised it was him!!

That reminded me of his part in Master and Commander, where he plays the polar opposite of his "Romford Thug" (i.e. fey, sheltered, upper-class loser) brilliantly!

Leaves... I agree with everything that's been said about the final montage. The choice of the very special 'Staunton Lick', the gliding/swooping shots as it cuts to each character, Mike's face as he pulls out his bottle, Twist's sudden 'revelation'. Even though Spaced is usually a very "talky" programme (so much of the plot depending on the dialogue), Edgar/Simon/Jessica prove - even though the cutting of Tim and Daisy's final conversation was initially done for a joke - that sometimes, at the end of the day, the love between the Spaced characters is best shown in ways other than what they say to each other.

"Get off me, you Joey!"

+Quote Post
shinyelvenqueen
post Nov 30 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #5

Bad.

Member No.: 4,009

My favourite is in the outtake when Tim and Marsha kiss and then just look at the camera and walk off seemingly in half-shock. It's the best episode that ever used the Take That "Back for Good".

+Quote Post
Monkeyman87
post Dec 21 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Mrs Bisley @ Nov 28 2005, 05:12 PM)
I love the look on Mike's face when he's waving the banner in the tank.... he looks like an excited child!!

I thought he looked like a gerbil! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
theevilresident1...
post Dec 21 2005, 02:21 AM
Post #7

I'm Daisy - "writer."

Member No.: 4,220

No, he looked like an excited child alright. But I also love that bit in the alternative ending where Tim is riding Private Iron in the street.

+Quote Post
Monkeyman87
post Dec 21 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #8

Guests

The ending gets me upset because I sometimes feel like it's all over for good. Even if it is, it's a nice way to end it all. But seems open-ended. The montage itself leaves it open for some more character development.

Excited child-gerbil maybe? ^_^

+Quote Post
kiss my empty ba...
post Dec 21 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #9

Four Pinter

Member No.: 2,712

The music for leaves is sad also the last shot of the door closing on the flat but yet you get a feeling of content ahhhh

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:58 PM