Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TV's Most Missed, Not Quite So Lost in Space
Raven
post Dec 28 2005, 05:39 PM
Post #1

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

According to an article on the BBC's web site Star Trek is the nations most missed TV series with Buffy second and Friends third.

The top ten is as follows:

1. Star Trek
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3. Friends
4. Fawlty Towers
5. Blake's 7
6. The X-Files
7. Babylon 5
8. Stargate
9. Seinfeld
10. The A-Team

I don't really understand this list as Enterprise hasn't finished on C4 yet, so there is still "new" Star Trek on TV, and there are two different incarnations of Stargate currently doing the rounds on Sky, and one being shown on C4 as well (you could also throw in the endless re-runs of Friends on C4 as well!).

Did someone just pick programs names out of a hat for this?! huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maian
post Dec 28 2005, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Bully for you

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,498

I think they mean the original series of Star Trek as opposed to the subsequent versions that have been made, and not a lot of people have Sky so would only see the one incarnation.

They may have presented them with a list of shows that aren't being made anymore rather than shows that aren't shown. I'm quite surprised to see Stargate so high up.

+Quote Post
Kirstie
post Dec 28 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #3

Kitsuné.

Member No.: 3,830

I'm not sure how you can miss Friends. It's a shame they stopped making any new ones, but the old ones are shown nearly every day on channel 4 and E4, so you can't really miss it.

I miss Pets Win Prizes, but no-one else apart from my boyfriend and me remember it.

+Quote Post
Reg
post Dec 28 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Four Pinter

Member No.: 4,673

I miss Angel and Roswell but I'm a sucker for a good teen thriller with unnatural happenings.

Twin Peaks too!

The cool thing for me with the x-files is that it was on tv on a saturday night in france so I am seeing most of them for the first time on sky now. In fact, I am watcing one as we speak.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Dec 28 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #5

"Mus" ŕ gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

I definitely miss Angel & Buffy. Especially in view that the new Sky TV season is about to start - January was always exciting waiting for the Whedon shows to start again.

+Quote Post
DOD-MDK
post Dec 28 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #6

Greasy Grimey Gopher Guts

Member No.: 4,707

I dont understand why Stargate is a missed program? SG1 has been greenlighted for a 10th season and Atlantis is going into its 3rd.

And Enterprise ended last year, thats why its on the list I hate to say it but you guys are getting re-runs

+Quote Post
maian
post Dec 28 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #7

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

They're technically not re-runs if we've not had them aired yet, and it's Star Trek with reference to the original series (I think, not too sure really).

Does anyone know if Channel 4 will screen Enterprise's last season or not? I think it's shit anyway but it would be nice if they showed the last season for those who believe it to be any good.

+Quote Post
mrjester
post Dec 28 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #8

It's possible, I kill a lot of people.

Member No.: 3,892

I was always pissed off they ended Dark Skies early because it wasnt very popular in the US. Oh well.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Dec 28 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #9

"Mus" ŕ gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (DOD-MDK @ Dec 28 2005, 11:34 PM)
And Enterprise ended last year, thats why its on the list I hate to say it but you guys are getting re-runs

Not quite...US shows usually arrive on UK cable channels about 4 months after they are shown in the UK. Then, usually, after they have had the full series on cable thay appear on terrestrial channels (which everyone has). So they are not exactly re-runs, just a fisrt showing through a media everyone has access to.

+Quote Post
Ohio_is_for_love...
post Dec 28 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #10

Genius Of Love

Member No.: 2,871

QUOTE (Kirstie @ Dec 28 2005, 07:13 PM)
I'm not sure how you can miss Friends. It's a shame they stopped making any new ones, but the old ones are shown nearly every day on channel 4 and E4, so you can't really miss it.

I miss Pets Win Prizes, but no-one else apart from my boyfriend and me remember it.

Too true, ah pets win prizes, that was back in the day stuff that. Hmmm, i miss adam and joe, my best of dvd just isnt sufficient im afraid, hmmm i also quite miss the detectives (god knows where the book is), hmmm also not seen the A- Team for ages, used to watch that with my mum all the time as a kid. Alot of stuff on the list i dont particularly miss to be honest.

+Quote Post
DOD-MDK
post Dec 28 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Sostie @ Dec 28 2005, 06:40 PM)
Not quite...US shows usually arrive on UK cable channels about 4 months after they are shown in the UK.  Then, usually,  after they have had the full series on cable thay appear on terrestrial channels (which everyone has).  So they are not exactly re-runs, just a fisrt showing through a media everyone has access to.

Sorry, Im am admittantly ignorant as to how the UK TV system works.

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Dec 28 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #12

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 2,633

Jo Brand's Hot Potatoes

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Dec 29 2005, 12:02 AM
Post #13

"Mus" ŕ gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (DOD-MDK @ Dec 28 2005, 11:53 PM)
Sorry, Im am admittantly ignorant as to how the UK TV system works.

No worries.

I actually used to be quite jealous by the fact that the US got so many TV shows so long before us, but have changed my opinion over the years.

I know that when we used to get Buffy & Angel although we would start a new season few months later, we would never have the occaisional 2 or 3 week break between episodes - we would get to see them weekly and uninterrupted, and they used to catch up and conclude a few days after it did in the US.

As for shows like the Simpson, I was amazed how many ad breaks were crammed into such a short show when I was over there - we would get one or none depending on the channel it was shown

+Quote Post
DOD-MDK
post Dec 29 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #14

Yeah the commercials are a bit idiotic, but that is what TIVO is for!!!!.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Dec 29 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #15

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (maian @ Dec 28 2005, 11:37 PM)
Does anyone know if Channel 4 will screen Enterprise's last season or not? I think it's shit anyway but it would be nice if they showed the last season for those who believe it to be any good.

C4 are about half-way through season 4 at present, and they aren't re-runs for us UK terrestrial viewers! smile.gif

I've always been a Trek fan but I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't that much of a fan of Voyager and I certainly wasn't a fan of the first two series of Enterprise.

Series three of Enterprise however was quite a good story and season 4, so far, has been pretty good also.

All of the sequel Star Trek series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine etc, have required three or four series to really get going yet Paramount/Viacom etc haven't afforded that luxury to Enterprise which, on the evidence of this season so far, is a shame.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:14 AM