IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes, Retro Cop Action!
Ade
post Jun 8 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #751

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Baz @ Jun 8 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Well you're gonna have to wait till the end of the 3rd series to find that out

You're kidding?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
grumpygit
post Jun 8 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #752

Fur Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,661

No, it's what the man said when you open the hard to spot link. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Jun 9 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #753

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 8 2009, 06:47 PM) *
So, the big finale tonight, not that many folk are likely to be watching now that Big Bother is back.

Again, I'm probably miles behind everyone else, but has anyone considered the likelihood that the big twist will be that it's all been Gene Hunt's subconscious? That he's the one in the coma? I reckon that's about as logical a twist as there's likely to be.

Big Brother was on afterwards so there was no clash. I'm sure you're relieved about that! happy.gif

As for the twist, does it mean that Alex is actually in a coma within a coma?

+Quote Post
Ade
post Jun 9 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #754

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jun 9 2009, 10:47 AM) *
As for the twist, does it mean that Alex is actually in a coma within a coma?

To quote Alex's words: "I'm in a coma in '82?!" would seem to suggest as much. wink.gif

Given the fact that Alex I thought it was actually a clever, tongue-in-cheek cliffhanger way to end the entire series - I genuinely hadn't considered the notion it was actually running to a third series. I'm actually really looking forward to it now - I just hope it's going to be worth the wait.

I went a little bit goosebumps as OMD's Maid Of Orleans kicked in at the very end of the episode - it's intro crept out of the background noise rather well, I thought. All in all, there's been some great music choices again this series.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Jun 14 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #755

Addict

QUOTE (Ade @ Jun 9 2009, 09:19 PM) *
To quote Alex's words: "I'm in a coma in '82?!" would seem to suggest as much. wink.gif

Oh, I was kind of pondering if it's what we are meant to think.* It could be a simple red herring to have viewers think they know what's happening only to give them a real surprise when they watch it.

The last Doctor Who christmas special did a very good bit of rug pulling along those lines. Had viewers, including me, thinking it was all about the fob watch when actually it was something else entirely. I actually quite liked being proved wrong as it stopped it being predictable. They might be doing something similar with Ashes To Ashes.

* I've been terrible with my expressive text lately. Too many things on my noggin at the moment.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Apr 3 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #756

Addict

Not quite any the wiser as to if Alex was in a coma within a coma or come out of her coma and fallen back into another one to return to 1982. Either way, slightly patchy first half but an alright opening episode in the end. I spotted 3 references to darts so wonder if that's going to be an ongoing thread throughout the series or just a theme for that episode.

And Keats looks a little out of his time. He looks more 60s than 80s. Intriguing character though and a nice addition.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post May 15 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #757

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

Haha, Nelson got a mention! I'll have to watch ep 8 now.
Less of the kissy kissy though, please.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post May 15 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #758

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ May 15 2010, 10:48 AM) *
Haha, Nelson got a mention!

Yep, I thought that as soon as chris mentioned he heard "What'll you have?"

My theory about the young policeman is that it's either Gene Hunt or Jim Keats, and was killed/shot by the other in their own time

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 15 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #759

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

I haven't seen Ashes to Ashes since the first series, but I caught the last five minutes of it last night - has it been that surreal throughout?

+Quote Post
Everlong
post May 15 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #760

Batman.

This series has, its turned all weird.

Gone up a gear from the last series too, Daniel Mays has been a great addition as Keats, and he's quite a mystery still. That said, I don't even know what the deal with Ray, Chris and Shaz is any more as they've been having visions like Alex, first it was Shaz, then Ray a couple of weeks ago, then last night Chris had the same thing, hearing Nelson with Life on mars playing in the background.

(sorry, using spoiler tags as I don't know who has been following A2A).

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 15 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #761

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 2,262

Thanks.

The general rule for spoiler tags is that you don't have to use them if something has already aired in the UK. If you are unsure whether you should use them, by all means do so as it is better to use them than not.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post May 15 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #762

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

Or if you're using them for comic effect, of course.

The main reason I gave up on A2A for two and a half series was I never took to Alex Drake. Keeley Hawes just looks really uncomfortable and emotionless throughout. My feelings on this haven't changed since I've picked it back up again, but Shaz does make up for her froideur.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post May 15 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #763

Batman.

Yeah, Hawes/Drake isn't as interesting as Sam and definitely not as much as Gene.

She is kind of propped up by Glenister and the others. The one thing better about A2A than LOM is that they've given supporting characters like Chris Ray and Shaz more life and more to do. As great as LOM was, it was the Simm/Glenister show, and A2A is giving the whole story a big ending.

Last night for a little while I thought it was getting better than LOM which was a bit premature and silly but it has got deeper, and hope next week is a fitting finale.

+Quote Post
Baz
post May 16 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #764

Crumpet?

Member No.: 2,244

I've really enjoyed this series so far, it's been a hell of a lot better than the first 2 series and they are building it up nicely for the last episode. I just hope they don't have a cope out ending and that we do get a good ending explaining everything that's gone on and who Gene really is.

Plus Was that Sam we saw in the trailer for the final episode behind the glass?

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post May 17 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #765

Addict

I've enjoyed it to a point but now I'm just waiting for things to be resolved. Having stuff simply build up for the final episode is stringing things along a bit too far. I can't help thinking three 90 minute specials would've worked better.

+Quote Post

53 Pages V  « < 49 50 51 52 53 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:43 PM