Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Metal, Power/Black/Death/Glam/Doom/Folk/Heavy
Shrubbery
post Aug 10 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #61

Three Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,182

Personally my favourites are - Metallica (long time fan preferring old style Tallica) Linkin Park, Muse, Korn, SOAD, Foos, Tenacious D well Tribute is brilliant, RATM and the Chilli's

Heh, does anybody like the new Metallica? So far, I've probably come across one or maybe two people who actually likes st.anger. I've tried to like it..but the old metallica is just a zillion times better. But I do like one thing about st.anger...they dare to try something new..every band needs to evolve. So if their future albums are great...well then all is forgiven.

Soad and RATM is great..

What do you think about the new Muse album?

Chilli's getting better and better I think.
John Frusciante is truly a piece of work..fascinating man.

I found myself buying a Lacuna Coil album the other day after seeing them live at Download, the rendition of Enjoy The Silence was quite good

Bands you might want to check out.
Within Temptation
Theatre Of Tragedy (older stuff..or newer?..I haven't listened to the new TOT)
The 3rd and the mortal (only if like experimental music within this genre)
NightWish (the biggest band within this genre? was that is.)
The Gathering
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Aug 10 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #62

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 10 2006, 12:30 PM)
All of them. They're absolutely brilliant. Colony is one of my favourites. Cloud Connected is on Reroute to Remain.

From oldest to newest I think it's:
Subterranean
The Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance
Whoracle
Colony
Clayman
Reroute to Remain
Soundtrack To Your Escape
Come Clarity

I'll have to give them a go. I think I'll get Reroute To Remain and go from there.

QUOTE (Shrubbery @ Aug 10 2006, 02:08 AM)
Fatseff: Insane Clown posse isn't too bad I guess..but I have serious problem with hip hop..a bit more than you, it seems.
Beastie Boys is the only thing that works for me currently...and some friends say I'm a closet Ice-T lover..but well...but I still haven't bought anything remotley connected to hip hop.
The "maybe" at last helped me breathe..thanks tongue.gif

I hate hip hop too but there's just something about them. They don't take themselves or the music too seriously they're just genuinely having a laugh with it.

Also then ew Muse album is good but the old stuff is so much better.

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Aug 10 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 5,387

I actually like the new Muse album, a bit of 80's synth thrown in for good measure but overall its not a bad album BUT its not the corker that Absolution or Origins was. Muse live are brilliant though.

I have a Within Temptation album, cant remember which but it was a cd/dvd set - very operatic drama with a heavier sound.

Still, Im holding out for the new Evanescence album which is supposedly due out this October

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Aug 10 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #64

Life's a grave, dig it.

QUOTE (Drifter @ Aug 10 2006, 05:32 PM)
I actually like the new Muse album, a bit of 80's synth thrown in for good measure but overall its not a bad album BUT its not the corker that Absolution or Origins was. Muse live are brilliant though.
I have a Within Temptation album, cant remember which but it was a cd/dvd set - very operatic drama with a heavier sound.

Still, Im holding out for the new Evanescence album which is supposedly due out this October

Oh yes, fucking amazing live.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Aug 10 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #65

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (Shrubbery @ Aug 10 2006, 02:59 PM)
Heh, does anybody like the new Metallica? So far, I've probably come across one or maybe two people who actually likes st.anger. I've tried to like it..but the old metallica is  just a zillion times better. But I do like one thing about st.anger...they dare to try something new..every band needs to evolve. So if their future albums are great...well then all is forgiven.

Actually, having heard some of the stuff off their next album (they played it at Download this year) their new stuff really is a proper return to form, old school Metallica turned up to eleven. Also it was a good sign that their set didn't have any St Anger stuff from it and in fact, mostly consisted of the whole Master Of puppets album performed live! That was a good night.

+Quote Post
Shrubbery
post Aug 11 2006, 01:45 AM
Post #66

Three Pinter

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Aug 11 2006, 12:23 AM)
Actually, having heard some of the stuff off their next album (they played it at Download this year) their new stuff really is a proper return to form, old school Metallica turned up to eleven. Also it was a good sign that their set didn't have any St Anger stuff from it and in fact, mostly consisted of the whole Master Of puppets album performed live! That was a good night.

wow, you've heard some of the new stuff. I hope you're right then!
I think they've understood that most fans aren't crazy about the St.anger album. On Roskilde..2003 it must have been..shortly after St.Anger had been released they only played 2 songs from it. The rest was just old classics and it rocked oh so good!
You have any eta on the new album? Didn't bother to search for long...so only came up with one year old dates..and differen't shite from blabbermouth.

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Aug 11 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 5,387

QUOTE (Shrubbery @ Aug 11 2006, 02:45 AM)
wow, you've heard some of the new stuff. I hope you're right then!
I think they've understood that most fans aren't crazy about the St.anger album. On Roskilde..2003 it must have been..shortly after St.Anger had been released they only played 2 songs from it. The rest was just old classics and it rocked oh so good!
You have any eta on the new album? Didn't bother to search for long...so only came up with one year old dates..and differen't shite from blabbermouth.

I saw them at Download too, although they have played the Master of Puppets album to death live, it was better than St Anger cause quite honestly I found it hard to listen to, more so than Load or Reload. As I remember it, there was only one new song played that night but it did sounds more like Black album era than anything else but none the less better than anything that was on St Anger. Trivium joined them at the end for a rendition of Die Die My Darling - all in all a rather fantastic night

Last I heard the new album is due early 2007 but dont quote me on that!

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Aug 28 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #68

Life's a grave, dig it.

Amazing live act.

Just watch until the end.

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Aug 28 2006, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
Shrubbery
post Aug 30 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #69

Three Pinter

Talented is something they truly are...no doubt!

Btw..here is a taste from the new Cradle Of Filth album..if anybody is interested. It sounds very different from their previous album. Back to the roots it seems...not sure what I think of this..but I'm betting I'm going to love it after listening to it enough.

http://media.roadrunnerworld.com/CradleOfF...irgeInferno.wma

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Aug 31 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #70

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (Shrubbery @ Aug 30 2006, 11:17 PM)
Talented is something they truly are...no doubt!

Btw..here is a taste from the new Cradle Of Filth album..if anybody is interested. It sounds very different from their previous album. Back to the roots it seems...not sure what I think of this..but I'm betting I'm going to love it after listening to it enough.

http://media.roadrunnerworld.com/CradleOfF...irgeInferno.wma

I quite like it. Not their best stuff ever but still good. I'll definitely be buying the new album but then I would have done anyway.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Aug 31 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #71

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Aug 28 2006, 11:55 PM)
Amazing live act.

Just watch until the end.

I'm not converted. In fact it made me remember why I don't like Muse, his vocal style is absolutely fucking awful.

+Quote Post
whixie
post Aug 31 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #72

Discombobulated

Member No.: 2,820

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 31 2006, 05:30 PM)
I'm not converted. In fact it made me remember why I don't like Muse, his vocal style is absolutely fucking awful.

Shame! Muse at Docklands were amazing - one of the best gigs I've been to.

+Quote Post
Punkass
post Aug 31 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #73

GRACE!

Member No.: 3,791

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Aug 31 2006, 11:30 AM)

I had never heard them (I heard of them) until that clip. It is like opera mixed with metal. Could not get into the vocals but they are very talented, nice rock out at the end. Is that the real ending to the song?

This post has been edited by Punkass: Aug 31 2006, 07:02 PM

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Sep 1 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #74

QUOTE (Punkass @ Aug 31 2006, 07:32 PM)
I had never heard them (I heard of them) until that clip.  It is like opera mixed with metal.  Could not get into the vocals but they are very talented, nice rock out at the end.  Is that the real ending to the song?

Yeah, I thought the music itself was all right, I could listen to that. I wouldn't say they're a bad band, it's just that I find the style he sings absolutely intolerable. I'm sure most people would probably say the same about Dani Filth, etc.

Even so, ignoring the vocals, I don't really see what there is to get too excited about. Although listenable, they sound like rather generic and average rock to me.

Edit: Oh and I wouldn't say it's opera + metal... There already are plenty of bands that do that (Tristania, Nightwish, Theatre of Tragedy, Therion), and they really sound nothing like Muse.

This post has been edited by Nonus Aequilibrium: Sep 1 2006, 08:40 AM

+Quote Post
Shrubbery
post Sep 1 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #75

Three Pinter

I've never actually heard him sing this way before..it seems like a special performance...?
Anyhoo, I think they are very very talented...but yes, my problem is also with the vocalist. I like and dislike it at the same time. Sometimes I think it's great..but most of the time I get bored by it..it's odd really.

I quite like it. Not their best stuff ever but still good. I'll definitely be buying the new album but then I would have done anyway.

Yea, me too...I do that with all the old bands that I've liked a lot throughout time.
There are 3 bands I have to buy the albums of no matter what. Paradise Lost, Cradle Of Filth and My Dying Bride and Lisa Germano...and wehey..they're all british except Lisa Germano....not bad eh? And uh..yea...4 bands...Lisa came in the last second..heh

This post has been edited by Shrubbery: Sep 1 2006, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:43 PM