Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Funniest horror since Shaun of the Dead', Tag-line
fatseff1234
post Apr 23 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #16

Life's a grave, dig it.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (princess_mombie @ Apr 22 2006, 01:37 PM)
I saw the ad for it today during shipwrecked. The tagline came up and i thought heh heh that could be good then i saw the bit witht he chick and the gun not going off and she made that little noise, and i thought, oi, that just IS Shaun.

I thought that too. I don't know whether I want to see this.

Dead and Breakfast anyone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
antizero
post Apr 26 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #17

Guests

Its done by James Gunn, who's done a lot of work for Troma Studios. Should be worth a watch in that case, unless its that dire that they've had to resort to using "Shaun" as a tagline ie: Dead & Breakfast

+Quote Post
GOOT WOOD?
post Apr 28 2006, 10:38 AM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE (MargateSteve @ Apr 21 2006, 01:07 PM)
During an advert on TV for a new film I heard the words 'Funniest horror since Shaun of the Dead' (or something similar) but missed the name of the film. Anyone else catch it?

Steve

THE TAG LINE IS FROM THE FILM SLITHER, IT LOOKS BLOODY GREAT TOO smile.gif

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Apr 28 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #19

Life's a grave, dig it.

QUOTE (GOOT WOOD? @ Apr 28 2006, 10:38 AM)
THE TAG LINE IS FROM THE FILM SLITHER, IT LOOKS BLOODY GREAT TOO smile.gif

It doesen't

+Quote Post
xStueyx
post Apr 28 2006, 04:50 PM
Post #20

Two Pinter

Member No.: 4,682

Looks like a reworking of Night Of The Creeps. But looks like some yummy B-movie goodness. I bet a lot of people are going to take it far too seriously.

+Quote Post
Verstan
post May 3 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #21

Two Pinter

Member No.: 4,901

I think it looks cool. if only because of Nathan Fillons Involvement I used to watch him on "two guys and a girl" and he was pretty funny.

but i just like weird movies smile.gif

I was actually going to see it on saturday but i went for silent hill instead. that was pretty sweet

+Quote Post
purple prole
post May 3 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #22

Feeling kinda high like a Hendrix haze

Member No.: 5,150

'Slither' is a decent homage to the steady stream of schlocky horrors that the 1980's produced. You could tell James Gunn is a huge fan of many of them and that he takes them seriously. Much like you could tell Pegg/Wright were big fans of Romero's work.

I'd say it's more horror-y than Shaun was. There's much more gore and grotesqueness. I think the crowd jumped a little more. And needless to say if you've got an aversion to slimy sluggy worm-type thingys then don't ever watch it.
At the same time though it was also a good laugh. The gruesomeness is done way over-the-top, and certain people's reactions to it were great fun. Such as Nathan Fillion, who again proved that he's tops at delivering goofy dialogue with a nicely deadpan touch. And the fella who played the the mayor made me laugh a lot. I can't remember his name without imdb. You'd recognise his face. He usually plays shady guys and here he turns that persona into something really funny.

The effects were excellent with as little CGI used as possible. I figure the idea was to use mostly the same techniques that they did back in the 80's. So lots of prosthetics and freaky make-up and gloop.

If you liked those kind of films then you'd probably like this.

This post has been edited by purple prole: May 3 2006, 02:29 PM

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post May 3 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #23

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

Cool, thanks for that, prole. I must say it does look like a giggle and Fillion is quite the legend, so I'm rather up for seeing it.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post May 4 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #24

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (purple prole @ May 3 2006, 03:12 PM)
'Slither' is a decent homage to the steady stream of schlocky horrors that the 1980's produced. You could tell James Gunn is a huge fan of many of them and that he takes them seriously. Much like you could tell Pegg/Wright were big fans of Romero's work.

I'd say it's more horror-y than Shaun was. There's much more gore and grotesqueness. I think the crowd jumped a little more. And needless to say if you've got an aversion to slimy sluggy worm-type thingys then don't ever watch it.
At the same time though it was also a good laugh. The gruesomeness is done way over-the-top, and certain people's reactions to it were great fun. Such as Nathan Fillion, who again proved that he's tops at delivering goofy dialogue with a nicely deadpan touch. And the fella who played the the mayor made me laugh a lot. I can't remember his name without imdb. You'd recognise his face. He usually plays shady guys and here he turns that persona into something really funny.

The effects were excellent with as little CGI used as possible. I figure the idea was to use mostly the same techniques that they did back in the 80's. So lots of prosthetics and freaky make-up and gloop.

Eeeey. Glad to hear that the Fillion is being his typical brilliant self. May well check this one out.

+Quote Post
Verstan
post May 4 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #25

Two Pinter

Member No.: 4,901

yeah fillion was the reason i wanted to see it, tag line helped too

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post May 5 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #26

Life's a grave, dig it.

QUOTE (purple prole @ May 3 2006, 02:12 PM)

After reading this I might just go and see it.

+Quote Post
purple prole
post May 5 2006, 09:51 AM
Post #27

Feeling kinda high like a Hendrix haze

Member No.: 5,150

There's another well written positive review over in 'Media - Last film you watched'.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:34 PM