> The TV DVD thread, Because I watch them more than films
maian
post Jun 27 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #76

Bully for you

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (zeden @ Jun 26 2006, 10:56 AM)
I've now watched the first two series of Seinfeld and it is getting better, but only a bit. George and Kramer are definitely my faves. Georges line-
"I cant think of a situation where I'm ever going to have sex again" (or something to that extent) was great. Larry David's input is what makes me want to keep watching, in wait of one of his gems. The only problem with this is that I feel like watching Curb Your Enthusiasm instead most of the time. I'll keep going this week and watch season 3 but unless the quality picks up, or I can get the other series on the cheap, I'll be leaving this series there.

It does improve dramatically in series 3, whilst series 4 is quite possibly the finest series of any TV show ever.

This post has been edited by maian: Jun 27 2006, 03:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shack
post Jul 7 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #77

Live And Let Pie

Member No.: 3,441

Just started dipping into "Sorry!" with Ronnie Corbett.

It's reasonably painless with a decent smattering of smiley moments. I feel as though it may struggle after a few more episodes as the plot lines essentially include Timothy falling for a girl but his mum keeps getting in the way (not literally).

Although it does prove Corbett cannot act, it's still rather nice and quaint all the same.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 7 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #78

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (maian @ Jun 27 2006, 04:10 PM)
It does improve dramatically in series 3, whilst series 4 is quite possibly the finest series of any TV show ever.

You speak no word of a lie. I've got one disk of season 3 left and the improvement is silly. It's clear that the actors and writers had really gotten ito their stride and had refined the format of the show and their performances by this point. It's actually good enough that I will be looking to get the rest of the seasons quite soon.
The only thing that's irritiating me now is the was Kramer gets a huge laugh for almost all of his lines. Yes he is wacky and often very funny but not to that extent.

+Quote Post
tigerlily
post Jul 7 2006, 11:35 AM
Post #79

Boop boop e doo!

Member No.: 2,571

I've also been working through Seinfeld or recent. It's one of those shows that really benefits from investing some time in and watching one after the other. I liked the odd episode that I caught before, but I could never really see what all the fuss was about.

However, after working solidly through 4 seasons I can finally see its brilliance. It's an utter joy to watch. I've just today ordered seasons 5 and 6 off Play and I'm looking foward to them muchly.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Jul 7 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #80

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

Eerie, Indiana out on Monday! That'll sort out my watching week...

+Quote Post
kateykinz
post Jul 7 2006, 12:35 PM
Post #81

Legal alien

Member No.: 2,418

Last month we finished watching season 2 of Lost so now we're filling our time with Sopranos season 6 and Band of Brothers. I've still got most of season 3 of Scrubs to watch and next purchase will be Family Guy 4.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 10 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #82

When doves cry

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jul 7 2006, 01:15 PM)

Got it through the post on Saturday. Rarely is a kids program as good as you remember it, Eerie Indiana is better. Every episode is a perfectly crafted fantasy tale filled with humour aimed at both the young and old alike.
I've been amazed by the familiar faces I've seen acting in the series. So far, I'm up to the third disk and I've seen (you'll have to excuse my , starting with the biggest name- Toby Maguire, Jeffrey Tambor (George Bluth Sr. in Arrested Development), John Astin (the origional Gomez Addams), Henry Gibson (Innerspace, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Blues Brothers), Dick Miller (Gremlins 1 & 2), the twins who play the security guard in Terminator 2 (the bit where the guard is looking at his paper cup talking about the pictures on it before being killed by the T-1000) and a few other I cant think of right now.
Saw the best reference on an episode last night. The grey haired kid smashes a guy around the back of the head with a big log in order to save Marshall. Marshall shouts "It's you!" and he responds "Well I aint the log lady". Brilliant reference in a kids show, aimed squarely at the parents.

+Quote Post
MissingPlanet
post Jul 11 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #83

Don't Call The Dustman

Member No.: 3,316

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 20 2006, 01:23 PM)
I've just rented Disc 1 of the first series of 'The Wire', I've heard very good things and shall watch it this week.

Surely it can't really be better than 'The Sopranos'?

It's not just better than The Sopranos, it's the best thing HBO have ever done. Season 3 is out next month on Region 1. I'll be taking a sickie the morning that drops through the letterbox.

+Quote Post
Crutch
post Jul 11 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #84

No more smiling.

Member No.: 4,601

QUOTE (zeden @ Jul 10 2006, 11:24 AM)
The grey haired kid smashes a guy around the back of the head with a big log in order to save Marshall. Marshall shouts "It's you!" and he responds "Well I aint the log lady". Brilliant reference in a kids show, aimed squarely at the parents.

This made me laugh. God, it should lay my eyes and ears on that show again!

+Quote Post
dandan
post Jul 12 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #85

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

just finished going through 'ray mears - extreme survival' series 1 & 2 again, in anticipation of series 3 dropping through my letter box.

ray's genuine enthusiasm, which never resorts to him preaching at you, combined with extraordinary tales of people surviving unbelievable hardships, lots of interesting facts and some beautiful scenery make this one of my favourite series. great stuff...

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jul 12 2006, 12:20 PM
Post #86

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Jul 7 2006, 01:15 PM)

My copy came yesterday, haven't watched any yet though . . .

+Quote Post
zeden
post Jul 12 2006, 12:30 PM
Post #87

When doves cry

QUOTE (Raven @ Jul 12 2006, 01:20 PM)
My copy came yesterday, haven't watched any yet though . . .

I've already watched all of it. I really hould try and pace myself a bit more when I get a new series. Spotted a split second shot of Denise Richards looking incredibly young in episode 18. I dont think the last episode in the set was aired in the UK, it certainly wasn't the last episode aired here when it origionally came out. The subject matter in it is quite serious by comparison to the usual tales and think it may have been removed for just that reason.

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Jul 12 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #88

Varga Girl

Member No.: 2,531

Just started Flithy Rich & Catflap. Watched the first episode which I've probably already seen 4 times. Rik Mayall is suburb & the writing is great. I hope it keeps up. It will be a nice sequel to The Young Ones.

+Quote Post
luvmusic
post Jul 12 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #89

Guests

I think it's quite good, certainly better than Bottom eventually was.

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Jul 12 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #90

Varga Girl

Member No.: 2,531

QUOTE (luvmusic @ Jul 12 2006, 12:59 PM)
I think it's quite good, certainly better than Bottom eventually was.

Granted I've only seen the one episode, but I like it a lot more than I did Bottom.

+Quote Post

65 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:20 AM