Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The TV DVD thread, Because I watch them more than films
maian
post Sep 9 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #856

Bully for you

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,498

You'll love the second season, then, since the show shakes up a lot of the dynamics and plays with notions of good and bad much more.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Sep 9 2010, 11:33 PM
Post #857

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

I watched seasons 1-3 of Mad Men (and the episodes from season 4 that have aired in America) within a week. Wow. A completely worthy replacement for the televisual hole left in my life by the end of The Wire, and I've managed to catch it before the series ends, which means I can enjoy it for years to come.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Sep 11 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #858

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ Sep 10 2010, 12:33 AM) *
I watched seasons 1-3 of Mad Men (and the episodes from season 4 that have aired in America) within a week. Wow. A completely worthy replacement for the televisual hole left in my life by the end of The Wire, and I've managed to catch it before the series ends, which means I can enjoy it for years to come.

Nice one Sean. Although Weiner (tee-hee) has said that he intends to end the show after five series. But I reckon that's good news: as much as you never want your favourite programme to end, I'm all for creators setting a finite run for their shows. In the case of Mad Men it is hopefully more reassuring for the network, given that it pulls in less the 3 million viewers an episode...

+Quote Post
maian
post Sep 11 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #859

Bully for you

I'm not sure, but I think Weiner rescinded that statement soon after it went public. I think he meant that they had planned ahead for at least two more seasons, but they hadn't set a definite end date.

Viewing figures for the show are misleading, though, since it is on AMC, a cable network whose highest ratings ever for a TV show are (I think) only just touch over 4 million. 3 million a week is, within the parameters of the network, a huge hit. And, when combined with worldwide distribution, DVD and eventual syndication rights, Mad Men is their biggest property. Until The Walking Dead starts and Breaking Bad come back, that is.

This post has been edited by maian: Sep 11 2010, 12:15 PM

+Quote Post
Raven
post Sep 16 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #860

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 31 2010, 07:39 PM) *
I've decided to watch season three of Farscape, which I'm enjoying immensely. It's a superb piece of TV, how the hell did it get cancelled?

I finished this last weekend, absolutely brilliant, up there with Heroes series one as one of the best self-contained series of any TV program ever (in my opinion, that is!).

Brilliant characters, excellent plots, brilliant characters, great acting, brilliant characters, wonderful effects and, oh, did I mention brilliant characters?

Top stuff.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Sep 21 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #861

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

Next week sees the re-release of the long deleted Our Friends In The North. Worth seeing for Daniel Craig in a shocking wig. Oh and the fact that it is possibly one of the greatest British TV dramas ever.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Sep 24 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #862

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (Raven @ Sep 16 2010, 09:28 PM) *
I finished this last weekend, absolutely brilliant, up there with Heroes series one as one of the best self-contained series of any TV program ever (in my opinion, that is!).

Brilliant characters, excellent plots, brilliant characters, great acting, brilliant characters, wonderful effects and, oh, did I mention brilliant characters?

Top stuff.

I watched Farscape for ages when it was on TV and liked it less and less as it went along. Never has such a cast of self-pitying, unpleasant and self-consciously weird characters been thrown together since the last Spaced Meet! I loved the ambition and the effects and storylines, but I wished all along that they would die horribly in the depths of space.

+Quote Post
dandan
post Sep 24 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #863

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Sep 24 2010, 01:00 PM) *
I wished all along that they would die horribly in the depths of space.

this is the jessop i like...

+Quote Post
logger
post Oct 9 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #864

Guests

I decided to give Battlestar Galactica another go, now I want a giant, blond, supermodel girlfriend.

+Quote Post
logger
post Oct 13 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #865

Guests

I hate Starbuck and Apollo.

+Quote Post
dandan
post Oct 13 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #866

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

me too... it's all about gaius...

+Quote Post
logger
post Oct 13 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #867

Guests

I pretty much hate them all except for Gaius and Blondie McLegs. They're all so smug and super cereal but Apollo and Starbuck are really annoying on top of it all and badly acted too.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 13 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #868

Space Cowboy

I quite liked the destructive Apollo/Starbuck relationship, but I think they didn't really know what to do with Lee once they got past that.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 15 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #869

Space Cowboy

Finished series 5 of Angel last night, with mixed feelings. I can kind of see why it got cancelled, but I would have liked it to continue a bit longer and have a definite resolution, like Buffy.

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 15 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #870

Bully for you

Whedon has done Angel: After The Fall, a comic-book series that resolves the plotlines left hanging from Season 5. Obviously it's not the same as an actual sixth season of the show, but it's a really good run (better, in my opinion, than the Buffy Season 8 comics, which I still like a lot) that nicely closes off the arc of the series whilst leaving room for other writers to continue the story in other comics.

+Quote Post

65 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 09:39 AM