> The TV DVD thread, Because I watch them more than films
Raven
post Oct 15 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #871

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (maian @ Oct 15 2010, 07:49 PM) *
Whedon has done Angel: After The Fall, a comic-book series that resolves the plotlines left hanging from Season 5. Obviously it's not the same as an actual sixth season of the show, but it's a really good run (better, in my opinion, than the Buffy Season 8 comics, which I still like a lot) that nicely closes off the arc of the series whilst leaving room for other writers to continue the story in other comics.

^ Cheers, you've just answered the question I posted in the Buffy thread!

By the way, is it considered wrong to find Illyia more interesting/attractive than Fred?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Oct 15 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #872

I'll just wait here then...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,538

When she put on that suit thingy, Fred/Illyria went from hot to super-hot. I've always had a fondness for Fred on that show.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Oct 17 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #873

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

Been eating my way through Season 2 of Damian Lewis vehicle Life today. I very much enjoyed the shorter first season, and have been looking forward to getting stuck into this second one, which is certainly proving just as enjoyable thus far. Shame to hear this is yet another series that has already been axed - I can already see this would have have had a reasonable mileage, had it been given the chance. Lewis continues his excellent work as the Zen-minded Charlie Crews (former cop turned inmate, set free after 12 years behind bars for a crime he didn't commit, and returned to active duty as detective despite a substantial compensatory payout).

The thoroughly likeable supporting cast remains largely unchanged, including further occasional appearances from the lovely Christina Hendricks (which might help earn the series a few extra admirers among several forum types as yet unfamiliar with the show). The only major change (so far, at least) is the addition of Donal Logue as Crews' new Captain, who brings an entertaining (and certainly far more interesting) dynamic to the mix, not least due to an unexpected touch of sexual tension with Crews' partner Reese (Sarah Shahi)).

Again, knowing that it has already been curtailed in its prime does mildly spoil the enjoyment in advance. But it's all good stuff so far.

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 17 2010, 09:41 PM
Post #874

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

The mentions of Christina Hendricks and Donal Logue (who I've very much enjoyed on Terriers recently) has piqued my interest. Cheers for the reminder, Ade,

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Oct 17 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #875

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 17 2010, 10:35 PM) *
Been eating my way through Season 2 of Damian Lewis vehicle Life today. ...Again, knowing that it has already been curtailed in its prime does mildly spoil the enjoyment in advance. But it's all good stuff so far.

I'm watching season 1 on FX I didn't realise it had been cancelled, I do hope they show the second season too. I'm really enjoying it, although for me Damian Lewis will always be Soames from The Forsyte Saga.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 18 2010, 06:31 PM
Post #876

Space Cowboy

Northern Exposure (Yes, finally Sost!).

Started it last night. I didn't think much of the first epiosde but somewhere during the second something clicked and I really started to get into it, to the point that I watched the third episode as well, leaving myself with only 5 hours sleep last night.

I really can't afford a series buy at the moment . . .

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 18 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #877

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

After getting distracted by the complete Seinfeld (I'm currently up to the end of the Larry David years, so I'm heading into largely unknown territory) I've finally finished the first season of Party Down, which is just great. A low-budget comedy series that revolves around the lives of the crew of Party Down Caterers, a team that consists of failed actors, (Adam Scott, Ryan Hansen and Jane Lynch, before she was poached by Glee) failed writers, (Martin Starr) failed stand-up comics (Lizzy Caplan) and failed alcoholics. (Ken Marino) It's basically a show about people doing a job they don't want to until something better comes along, some of whom have started to believe that nothing better will come along. That sounds depressing, but it provides the emotional core for a very funny show that builds some manic farces out of the jobs that the team works in each episode.

Sadly cancelled after its second season, it's a great show that delivered 10 near-perfect episodes in its first, and I can't wait to see what they did next.

+Quote Post
logger
post Oct 18 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #878

Guests

Party Down is great.

I got bored with BSG so I gave up on it and have been watching 30 Rock from the beginning.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Oct 19 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #879

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 18 2010, 07:31 PM) *
Northern Exposure (Yes, finally Sost!).

Started it last night. I didn't think much of the first epiosde but somewhere during the second something clicked and I really started to get into it, to the point that I watched the third episode as well, leaving myself with only 5 hours sleep last night.

I really can't afford a series buy at the moment . . .

About time. I guarantee you will be toying with the idea of moving to Alaska.

Fopp usually do the box sets for under a tenner. I'll have a look at lunch time what price they are.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Oct 19 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #880

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...

I've been meaning to check out Northern Exposure for a while as well. Next time I'm in London I'll be sure to swing by Fopp.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 19 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #881

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 19 2010, 10:11 AM) *
About time. I guarantee you will be toying with the idea of moving to Alaska.

Already am! (but that's nothing to do with this!).

Fopp usually do the box sets for under a tenner. I'll have a look at lunch time what price they are.

Cheers sir!

QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 19 2010, 10:15 AM) *
I've been meaning to check out Northern Exposure for a while as well. Next time I'm in London I'll be sure to swing by Fopp.

The first series in on Amazon for under 4, if you are interested.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Oct 19 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #882

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

Sadly Fopp seem to be going through a Northern Exposure at full price period.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Oct 19 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #883

Ade Flanders

QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 19 2010, 01:51 PM) *
The first series in on Amazon for under 4, if you are interested.

I am interested! At a price like that, one simply can't refuse. I mean, it'd be rude not to.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 19 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #884

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 19 2010, 02:29 PM) *
Sadly Fopp seem to be going through a Northern Exposure at full price period.

Nuts!

Thanks for looking, anyway.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 21 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #885

Space Cowboy

Just finished series one.

May have just ordered series two from Amazon Marketplace (well, it was only 5.96 with carriage!).

Good stuff!

+Quote Post

65 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 01:42 PM