> The TV DVD thread, Because I watch them more than films
bigfatrich
post Feb 21 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #961

Daddy Cool

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,022

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Feb 18 2012, 08:49 PM) *
I've been watching the Beeb's latest adaptation of Tess of the D'Urbervilles. It was rather good (Gemma Arterton was fantastic), but I had no idea just how depressing the story was (that'll teach me for not reading it first). You could have filled a lake with how much I cried during those four hours.

I cried for about the same amount of time when reading it for A-level English, but probably for different reasons.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Mar 3 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #962

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Ah, 3 season box set of Arrested Development arrived today. 12.99 off Play.com, thankyouverymuch.

+Quote Post
maian
post May 3 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #963

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

I've spent the last couple of weeks working through the latter half of The Larry Sanders Show and, wow, it really is one of the best television shows - and one of the best shows about television - ever made. Every actor on it is perfect and really captures the neediness, angst and neuroses of their characters - with the exception of Rip Torn, but that's only because Artie has no neuroses to mine, he's just a force of fucking nature - the jokes are sharp and incredibly funny, and it's such an insightful show about the dynamics and pressures of a talk show. It's also an interesting snapshot into who the up and coming comedy talent of its era were, since so many people show up there in one form or another who would go on to shape modern comedy. Even though the idea of celebrities playing themselves has become a standard thing now, it's still great seeing the various guest stars show up and be absolutely repellent without displaying any sense of entitlement. It's also interesting seeing how weird the show was prepared to go - such as the episode in which David Duchovny reveals that he feels a "completely heterosexual" sexual desire for Larry.

Anyway, it's just superb.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Nov 5 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #964

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

I started watching Tales of the Gold Monkey last night (it was a late night beer fuelled nostalgia purchase!) and I'm please to say that it's not the complete road accident of a series it could have been; I did have genuine reason to be scarred witless by the monkey's in the first episode when I was a kid and Sarah isn't as hot as I remembered her being (she has a very annoying accent!).

+Quote Post
Ade
post Nov 5 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #965

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Raven @ Nov 5 2012, 05:24 PM) *
I did have genuine reason to be scarred witless by the monkey's in the first episode when I was a kid

the monkey's what? huh.gif

tongue.gif

+Quote Post

65 Pages V  « < 63 64 65
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:17 AM