+Quote Post
Punkass
post Jun 6 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #2

GRACE!

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,791

A Cup of Tea and a Sit Down - The WiddyCent Collection

1. Good choice for a starting track. Nice and chill intro which builds up quite nicely towards the end. From the clapping at the end I am assuming it was live. If that is the case, it is quite well done. The voice sounds quite familiar, once I see the list I am sure I will kick myself for not recognizing it.

2. I like the guitar in this one, they are quite good. Listening to the lyrics I am thinking this is going to be a nice, laid back compilation (not a bad thing). The addition of the harmonica is a very nice touch, it goes well with the songs "theme".

3. This is another voice that sounds quite familiar. I am a sucker for piano, so this one got me from the begging. This one builds up as well with nice mixture of piano and strings.

4. I almost put this track on my compilation, glad I did not now. Excellent song.

5. Not too bad of track. The voice took a couple of listens to get used to. Sort of a generic pop/rock style track.

6. My boss and I listened through this CD once, he recognized this group right away. Very nice track. It's like one day they were just jamming out for a warm up, and ended up making it into a great, fun track (as the title suggests). They are from Houston, but I will not hold that against them, hehe.

7. Pretty tricky track. Starts off with a bit of piano and funky beats, then comes the rapping. A twist from the other songs so far, I did the same thing on mind. This song was alright, but nothing special, odd outro on it.

8. Recognized this from the get go, great song by a great artist. Glad to see you put some "older" jams on here, something mine lacks.

9. Nice bass on this one, sounds pretty good in my car. A sort of reggae/rap flowing style of vocals. Not a bad track, but nothing really stands out about it.

10. This track probably got the most plays out of the entire comp. I figured it to be either another rap or possibly a dance track until the actual instruments came in. The vocals are very smooth and go excellent with the music. Starts with a soft tone, then peaks at the chorus, and ends on a nice fade out. I will for sure look more into this artist when I find out who it is.

11. Back to the poppy acoustic rock on this track. Kind of flowing lyrics, which leads back to a pop style chorus. Fits in with the theme pretty good. Another decent track, but nothing really stands out with it.

12. I like this track, very 70's sounding. Builds up quite nicely at the begging and is complemented by the vocals. It does seem a bit repetitive, but still a nice choice. I think this is another live track, which sounds really well done.

13. Another track I recognized right away. Probably played the second most on the comp. When my boss and I were listening to it we started dancing like dumb asses in our seats (just to be stupid). Perfect end to a well put together compilation.

Sorry for the late and rubbish review. Be gentle, it is my first time. Good job on this, Rach. A track list would be greatly appreciated.
7.5/10

Edit: The .5 goes out to Adam for his funky font. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Punkass: Jun 6 2006, 07:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jun 6 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #3

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

Aww, thankee! Glad you enjoyed it. I'll PM you a tracklist when I get home.

+Quote Post
jem
post Jun 10 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #4

Addict

Member No.: 4,332

Punkass Presents... "If You Do Not Like This CD, I WILL Quit the Forum!"

or how i learned to eat cake. (my title)

1. reminds me of the bands that i used to see play at the java joint everyf friday night when i was 15. good times. i really like this song. it makes me want to kick against. but against what? ******* (7 stars)

2. this song makes me think of hippies funniing thru fields of wildflowers. and my time in moosonee. very mellow. i now have a strong desire to run thru some wildfloer fields and dance in the sunlight. ******** (8 stars)

3. GAH! GAH! GAH! i've heard this song before i just cant place it. i dont know idf i like this song or not. to be honesty it just feels like mediocore rock to me. i do like that airplane though... * (1 star)

4. reminds me of this street festival thing that happens every year on the sushine coast. i cant help but dancing. i love you! ************ (12 stars)

5. i was wrong. i thought i loved you until i heard this song, then i knew! yes. yes. yes. i am really feeling this song. it makes me want to dance and scream and cry and i adore it. ****************************************** (a crap load of stars) happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif (yay smilies and dancing faces galore! and one proposal of marriage for good measure... )

6. amazing song. amazing band. i dig. ******* (7 stars)

7. good song, bad cover. * (1 star)

8. wow! this is cracked out! i love it! ************ (12 stars)

9. Meh. nice french. no real opinion though. ***

10. I love this song i sang it all day. when i hear it i expect to see people break out into dance numbers. ************ (12 stars)

11. Whoa... it's U2. nope air supply. it's really interesting... i like it. ***** (5 stars)

12. hmm.... is this... *giggles* i like the flute. **** (4 stars)

13. i really like this song. c'est drôle. ************ (12 stars)

14. it's really cool. ********** (10 stars)

15. this song makes me sleepy. ********** (10 stars)

i enjoyed. merci, ass of punk.

+Quote Post
Punkass
post Jun 10 2006, 02:57 PM
Post #5

GRACE!

Member No.: 3,791

Are you sure you were reviewing my cd? haha Thank you for the nice review. I'll send you the track list.

This post has been edited by Punkass: Jun 10 2006, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post
jem
post Jul 10 2006, 08:35 PM
Post #6

Addict

a cup of tea and a sit down.
or. prairie dogging it in a house with unlock doors. damn the cats.

1. ha. i adore this artist, and the song is wonderful, the lyrics however confuse me. is it about a father and a son or pedophila? tongue.gif
2. booyah! here was the conversation when i listened to this song with jess:
(me)i know this song.
(jess)so do i.
(me)it's....
(jess) i cant remeber.
(me)damn.
3. yeah yeah yeah! i love this song. definetly one of my favorites and the best that the band has come out with. it contains what i consider to be one of the best lyrics of life.:

nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

4. this song is really good. i enjoy it, though the piano is somewhat annoying. i like the lyrics though.
5. cool. i heard this at the triangle (a bar) on friday and was the only one who knew the song.
6. jess loves this song. i do not. fun to dance too, though.
7. me and jess no likey.
8. it reminds of grease. i have no idea why. me likey.
9. tis cool. makes me wanna shake something. i just dont know what. oddly enough not my bootie.
10. what is that instrument? i heard it once on a barbie video game. (what? i worked with children)
11. likey, but not so much. nice vocals though.
12. odd. vraiment odd. not a bad thing. i like the flute. but i like flutes.
13. fun. drôle. i will not slip.
also i liked the cover. c'est cool.

This post has been edited by jem: Jul 10 2006, 08:38 PM

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jul 10 2006, 10:34 PM
Post #7

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

Yay! I'm glad you found some already loved songs on it and a couple of new ones. Tracklist PMd. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ade
post Jul 15 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #8

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (jem @ Jul 10 2006, 09:35 PM)
a cup of tea and a sit down.
or. prairie dogging it in a house with unlock doors. damn the cats.

3. yeah yeah yeah! i love this song. definetly one of my favorites and the best that the band has come out with. it contains what i consider to be one of the best lyrics of life.:

nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
gotta kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

The BNL version, perchance? Such a superbly beeeeeaautiful song. One of my bestest faves too.

+Quote Post
jem
post Jul 15 2006, 02:14 AM
Post #9

Addict

dont click here julie.

yeah. i know it's cover but it is amazing. i really love their older stuff. jane, brian wilson, and what a good boy are favorites, and the old apartment also. i dont like anything later then stunt although i do like thanks that was fun, and i barely like stunt - too much pop, but when you dream is a wonderful track

This post has been edited by jem: Jul 15 2006, 02:22 AM

+Quote Post
Ade
post Jul 15 2006, 02:30 AM
Post #10

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...

That's cool. I hadn't heard the original version before anyway - theirs is the only one I know, and I loves it.

I'm the opposite though, in that I like everything from Stunt onwards (as well as most of everything prior). When I first bought Maroon, I played it constantly, and still do on a regular basis - it's their best one overall, I reckon. And although Everything To Everyone took a lot of getting used to, I've recently switched on to it, big time. I mean, how can you not like a song about having been sent anonymous postcards, all with Chimpanzees on them in a variety of different costumes/uniforms, etc? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ade: Jul 15 2006, 02:30 AM

+Quote Post
jem
post Jul 15 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #11

Addict

QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 14 2006, 10:30 PM)
I'm the opposite though, in that I like everything from Stunt onwards (as well as most of everything prior). When I first bought Maroon, I played it constantly, and still do on a regular basis - it's their best one overall, I reckon. And although Everything To Everyone took a lot of getting used to, I've recently switched on to it, big time. I mean, how can you not like a song about having been sent anonymous postcards, all with Chimpanzees on them in a variety of different costumes/uniforms, etc? biggrin.gif

their new stuff just makes me feel like i'm at a sharon, lois, and bram concert. it's really odd, because the are not like sharon, lois, and bram; and i have some very fond memories of sharon, lois, and bram (who dident like them when they were a kid? they were the shit.) but i just dont like it.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Jul 15 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #12

Ade Flanders

Who are Sharon, Lois, and Bram? huh.gif

The Stoker Sisters?

+Quote Post
jem
post Jul 15 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #13

Addict

QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 15 2006, 02:14 PM)
Who are Sharon, Lois, and Bram?  huh.gif

children's singers. i was all about them till i was 4.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Jul 15 2006, 08:08 PM
Post #14

Ade Flanders

QUOTE (jem @ Jul 15 2006, 09:04 PM)
children's singers. i was all about them till i was 4.

Ah. Right.

I know that BNL have a quirky sense of humour and fun in their songs, but that does strike me as a little harsh a comparison... smile.gif

+Quote Post
jem
post Jul 15 2006, 08:16 PM
Post #15

Addict

QUOTE (Ade @ Jul 15 2006, 04:08 PM)
Ah. Right.

I know that BNL have a quirky sense of humour and fun in their songs, but that does strike me as a little harsh a comparison... smile.gif

it is. i like the quirky and the fun, but i can seem to like them anymore. i just miss the skiffle, be my yoko ono stuff.

i really like using the spolier thingie.

This post has been edited by jem: Jul 15 2006, 08:20 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:42 PM