Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Podcasts, any recommendations?
zeden
post Nov 1 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #151

When doves cry

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,533

Thanks Rach. I've a couple more tales to tell that are on par with that one, obviously the madness of Brian Jackson is the next one on the list.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Nov 2 2011, 02:38 PM
Post #152

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 1 2011, 11:34 PM) *
Thanks Rach. I've a couple more tales to tell that are on par with that one, obviously the madness of Brian Jackson is the next one on the list.

I want to know about him now!

+Quote Post
zeden
post Nov 5 2011, 06:14 AM
Post #153

When doves cry

With any luck I'll be recording the next one this weekend provided I can get my brother over. Might try to see if I can get Skype set up to record from too so Beezer, another party to the madness, can chip in.

+Quote Post
maian
post Nov 8 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #154

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (zeden @ Nov 1 2011, 08:11 AM) *
We don't mind shameless self promotion around here do we? Regardless, I've recorded a 20 minute podcast and it can be found here. I'd really appreciate any thoughts you good people might have about it.

That was really bloody funny and bizarre. Like Widdy, I really want to hear the story of Brian Jackson now.

In my own piece of self-promotion, I've started a podcast with two of my film critic friends called The Martini Shot (though we might have to change that because there's another podcast with that name. Grr.) in which we take a theme (in this case "Debuts" since it's the first episode) and then discuss those themes and films that relate to them. The first episode of which can be heard here.

This was intended as more of a pilot to see how the concept would work in practice, so obviously there are some technical kinks that we need to work out, but any and all feedback about the content and the style is incredibly welcome so that we know what to do to improve it in the future.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Nov 8 2011, 01:53 AM
Post #155

When doves cry

Glad you liked it. I'm planning the next one, getting the story as straight as I can, and as soon as I can find the right audience to record with I'll be getting it done.

Don't suppose you've a download link for your podcast? I'd quite like to stick it on my ipod to listen to as I work.

+Quote Post
maian
post Nov 8 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #156

Bully for you

Not yet, but I think it's being uploaded to iTunes by one of the other guys tomorrow, so once I have a link I'll post it here.

This post has been edited by maian: Nov 8 2011, 02:17 AM

+Quote Post
Ade
post Nov 8 2011, 02:15 AM
Post #157

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (maian @ Nov 8 2011, 12:53 AM) *
That was really bloody funny and bizarre. Like Widdy, I really want to hear the story of Brian Jackson now.

Are we talking 'Brian Jackson' as in 'erstwhile Gil Scott Heron collaborator/jazz musician type'?

+Quote Post
maian
post Nov 8 2011, 02:18 AM
Post #158

Bully for you

Unlikely, but based on the tone and context of the other story, it'd add a delightfully weird flavour to proceedings if it was him.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Nov 8 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #159

When doves cry

Did a little detective work after spotting you were hosting on Podbean, there's already a download link on their side of things. Here's a link to download the file from.

QUOTE (Ade @ Nov 8 2011, 02:15 AM) *
Are we talking 'Brian Jackson' as in 'erstwhile Gil Scott Heron collaborator/jazz musician type'?

You'll have to wait and see...

+Quote Post
maian
post Nov 8 2011, 02:25 AM
Post #160

Bully for you

Ooh, I didn't know there was a download link. Thanks, Eden.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Nov 15 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #161

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Oct 20 2011, 08:43 AM) *
Listen to Do The Right Thing. It's funny, and there are swears in it. And advice. And piss (not in a Naughty Keith way).

I have been listening to this as well as Danielle Ward & David Reed's Film Fandango, which is very funny and has some great flights of fancy - like recreating RObin Hood with the cast of This is England. And it is sometimes scarily like my thoughts. You may feel the same.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Nov 18 2011, 12:45 AM
Post #162

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

QUOTE (maian @ Nov 8 2011, 12:53 AM) *
In my own piece of self-promotion, I've started a podcast with two of my film critic friends called The Martini Shot (though we might have to change that because there's another podcast with that name. Grr.) in which we take a theme (in this case "Debuts" since it's the first episode) and then discuss those themes and films that relate to them. The first episode of which can be heard here.

This was intended as more of a pilot to see how the concept would work in practice, so obviously there are some technical kinks that we need to work out, but any and all feedback about the content and the style is incredibly welcome so that we know what to do to improve it in the future.

I enjoyed this and would like to know more (Starship Troopers-style).

Also, I've just done a new Tokyo Soundscape, this time focused on Zipangu Fest in London (Japanese film festival starting tomorrow at the ICA). If you want to have a listen, you can do so here, as I interview the directors of the opening film, KanZeOn, and it includes a performance by ta2mi, a beatboxing Buddhist priest. Yes.

+Quote Post
maian
post Nov 25 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #163

Bully for you

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Nov 18 2011, 12:45 AM) *
I enjoyed this and would like to know more (Starship Troopers-style).

Cheers! You'll be pleased (I guess) to know that we are planning to get the second episode recorded this week. We actually already recorded a second episode, which was about an hour and forty-five minutes long, but the device we were using to record ran out of power halfway through, corrupting the file. It was a really, really good episode, too, much better than the first, which can only mean that the second second episode will be the best thing ever.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Dec 8 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #164

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Nov 15 2011, 12:10 PM) *
I have been listening to this as well as Danielle Ward & David Reed's Film Fandango, which is very funny and has some great flights of fancy - like recreating RObin Hood with the cast of This is England. And it is sometimes scarily like my thoughts. You may feel the same.

I've been catching up on the Film Fandango podcast this week, in rather jumbled order. It is indeed great, I enjoyed all the chatting about Young Sherlock Holmes especially. I loved how laidback it all is, plus David Reed's Top 5 lists are always entertaining.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Dec 10 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #165

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Nov 15 2011, 12:10 PM) *

I've only been able to listen to FF since I got new earphones, and as a self-confessed watcher of woefully few films, I'm enjoying it immensely. Mainly because whenever a comedian brings in a film, the vast majority are ones I've actually seen (Jess Ransom on Busgy Malone was particularly fun, much respect to her for having Give a Little Love as the first dance at her wedding).
And why isn't Young Sherlock Holmes a more well-known classic? Scared the bejeesus out of me when I was little.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:20 AM