> Podcasts, any recommendations?
monkeyman
post Apr 5 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #46

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Llama @ Apr 5 2010, 10:12 AM) *
I enjoyed Adam Buxton's Big Mix Tape yesterday, with Julian Barratt. Weird hearing Adam present on his own, seemed a little bit uneasy to me but was great when Julian arrived. Louis Theroux next week, should be a good 'un.

I really enjoyed this too

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Apr 5 2010, 10:41 AM) *
The only two podcasts I listen to are SModcast, with Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier; and Tell 'Em Steve-Dave!, with Bryan Johnson and Walt Flanagan.

They're both similar in format, but I think they're hilarious.

I listen to these. They're fantastic and never fail to make me laugh. Have you listened to the podcast Malcolm does with his mum?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Apr 9 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #47

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Apr 5 2010, 06:12 AM) *
Have you listened to the podcast Malcolm does with his mum?

No, but from Bryan's semi-review of it last week it doesn't sound like I'm missing much, or that it'll be around for too long.

I don't know who Malcolm is, so he doesn't really interest me. I know the other four from DVD commentaries and Kevin's books.

+Quote Post
omni
post Apr 9 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #48

Mort Canard, Attorney at Law

Member No.: 3,661

I've been devouring Dave Gorman's podcasts. Hilarious. TEDtalks is a great vidcast a bunch of today's best minds sharing their ideas in a open forum. NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is also pretty funny.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 9 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #49

Serenity.

QUOTE (GundamGuy_UK @ Apr 9 2010, 02:02 AM) *
No, but from Bryan's semi-review of it last week it doesn't sound like I'm missing much, or that it'll be around for too long.

I don't know who Malcolm is, so he doesn't really interest me. I know the other four from DVD commentaries and Kevin's books.

True, I only know him from the previous smodcasts but I'll be intriuged to listen. Bryan is my favourite guest even if he is a bit too self depracating at times.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Apr 9 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #50

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (omni @ Apr 9 2010, 07:54 PM) *
TEDtalks is a great vidcast a bunch of today's best minds sharing their ideas in a open forum.

I'm going to check that out very soon. In fact I've been meaning to post a link to the TED site for a while* - haven't really had much chance recently to check it out properly, but there are some extremely interesting topics under discussion there - I'd really love to be able to attend the convention at some point.

* duly rectified

Thomas Dolby has been involved as Music Director of TED for years, although this fact only came to my attention relatively recently. Here's a video linky to Dolby & Garniez's novel and somewhat amusing rendition of 'La Vie En Rose' at TED2004. I know it's not podcast per se, but I thought it was cool.

+Quote Post
Downsy
post Apr 9 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #51

Standing on the shoulders of giants

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 35

If you haven't already,check out the Bugle from The Times, brilliant stuff.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Apr 9 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #52

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

Will do. I've just got my Zen working again - a little podcast goodness will do nicely for the trek tomorrow.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Apr 10 2010, 01:53 AM
Post #53

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (omni @ Apr 9 2010, 07:54 PM) *
I've been devouring Dave Gorman's podcasts. Hilarious. TEDtalks is a great vidcast a bunch of today's best minds sharing their ideas in a open forum. NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me is also pretty funny.

I also get 'Wait Wait Don't Tell Me', which for UK forumites is a bit like The News Quiz meets I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - it's very funny, highly recommended.

Other recommendations from me:

- Stuff You Should Know from HowStuffWorks.com. Interesting, funny and entertaining. Josh and Chuck crack me up. I also get Stuff You Missed in History Class by the same site, nice to get a little history lesson twice a week.

- The Bowery Boys is a history podcast specifically about New York City. They have two years' worth of archives and are well worth a dabble for interesting stuff on all kinds of cool stuff about The Big Apple.

- A Buddhist Podcast is, funnily enough, about buddhism, specifically the form I practice, by two wonderful members of my organisation who live in the UK. Have a listen if you are interested.

I also get the Jonathan Ross podcast and the Friday night comedy on Radio 4 podcast. A nice selection to educate and amuse me! I get them all off iTunes.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Apr 10 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #54

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

Peacock & Gamble!

http://www.chortle.co.uk/about/2009/06/08/9034/

Or on iTunes.

I tried the Kevin Smith podcast, and it didn't make me chuckle at all. I think our love affair is finally over, Clerks II broke my heart... we'll always have Mallrats.

Peacock & Gamble is the highlight of my week, my other regular downloads are (I'm transcribing from my phone); Adam and Joe (off-air), Adam Buxton, Answer me this, The Collings and Herrin Podcast, Collins and Herring, Frank Skinner on Absolute, Iain Lee on Absolute, Jon Holmes, Jon Richardson (off-air), Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo, The Official Lost Podcast, The Perfect 10, Precious Little, AIOTM (off air), The Trap Sodcasts, Trev and Simon and 7 day Sunday.

I would really recommend the Official Lost podcast to anyone watching the show, as it has some really fascinating and funny insights from the show runners.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Apr 10 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #55

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

I listened to P & G for around four hours today and they broke me. I have one more episode left before I'm up to date.
I also miss the Fraser story.

+Quote Post
maian
post Apr 11 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #56

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 10 2010, 08:55 AM) *
I would really recommend the Official Lost podcast to anyone watching the show, as it has some really fascinating and funny insights from the show runners.

Am I right in thinking that they have only started doing that for Season 6? I'm frantically playing catch-up with the show at the moment (just started Season 5) and whilst I am interested in finding out what the showrunners have to say, I don't want to accidentally ruin it for myself.

Most of the podcasts I listen to have been mentioned already, but I'll just put a word in for Battleship Pretension, which is a fun film podcast hosted by two film school graduates living in Los Angeles. The show is a mix of informed film discussion and irreverent banter, and the two hosts are charming and funny (one of them is also a huge Buffy fan, which endeared the show to me from very early on). Each episode tends to have a general theme (for example, films about revenge, horror films, feminism in films), the works of a specific director, actor or writer (in the past they've talked about Billy Wilder, Orson Welles and Steven Spielberg) and every so often they will have a guest in to discuss either their own work (they recently had Doug Jones, of Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth fame, on and he was very interesting) or a topic of their choosing (the episode in which Wyatt Cenac discusses race in film is hilarious). Some of the early episodes are a bit hit-and-miss, but they've been going for three years now and the more recent episodes have a greater level consistency to them. Though the live show they did recently can easily be skipped.

This post has been edited by maian: Apr 11 2010, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Apr 11 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #57

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (bristle-krs @ Sep 21 2006, 10:46 PM) *
french maid tv ( wacko.gif )

I like this.

I'm looking into some game magazine podcasts, the free dvd's used to be a laugh when they started discussing things.

Podcasts have just raped my internet usage.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 12 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #58

Serenity.

The official playstation one is good of you have a PS3. There's a bunch of good IGN ones as well: Beyond (PS3/PSP), three red lights ((xbox), gamescoop (general) and the UK one (general game and movie news) are good

This post has been edited by monkeyman: Apr 12 2010, 08:14 AM

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Apr 12 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #59

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

Thanks, I'll check them out.

How do you actually get Podcasts on your Ipod? Am I being stupid?

Edit: Never Mind!

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Apr 12 2010, 02:49 PM

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Apr 13 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #60

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

Been listening to it for ages, but not sure I've posted it here.. For football fans, The Football Ramble

Normally out Wednesdays, and usually around 50 mins or an hour long, quite funny at times too.

Includes great regular Features like the Dean Windass hall of fame laugh.gif

It's on the website or Itunes (normally near the top of the chart too).

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:54 AM