IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BEST (& WORST) ALBUMS OF 2006, What were they then?
Hobbes
post Jan 7 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #61

dim view of human nature

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,798

This year will herald 2 albums I'm really excited about:

Klaxons
The Maccabees

Anything else is just a bonus after that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maian
post Jan 7 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #62

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

The two I'm most looking forwards to (at the moment, at least) are Aracde Fire's second album and Modest Mouse's new offering. I'm especially interested in the Modest Mouse effort because I want to see how much influence Johnny Marr has had on it now that he's a member of the band.

Aside from those two I'm also eagerly anticipating Radiohead's new'un (unless it gets delayed another bloody year), The Fall's almost yearly addition to their ouevre, Gnarls Barkley's second album (assuming that they keep their promise of getting to work on it straight away) and MIA's new album as well.

There are bound to be a lot more as the year progressed but those are the ones that most interest me at the present moment in time.

+Quote Post
maian
post Jan 8 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #63

Bully for you

Oh, and the debut albums by The Good, The Bad and The Queen and Grinderman. Established artists doing side projects range between brilliant and shite but both of the main figures involved in these (Damon Albarn and Nick Cave, respectively) have had a few careers already so these should be interesting.

+Quote Post
baking
post Jan 8 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #64

Two Pinter

Member No.: 5,871

did anyone hear cerys matthews's album?

+Quote Post
maian
post Jan 9 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #65

Bully for you

QUOTE (maian @ Jan 7 2007, 09:04 PM)
The two I'm most looking forwards to (at the moment, at least) are Aracde Fire's second album and Modest Mouse's new offering. I'm especially interested in the Modest Mouse effort because I want to see how much influence Johnny Marr has had on it now that he's a member of the band.

Aside from those two I'm also eagerly anticipating Radiohead's new'un (unless it gets delayed another bloody year), The Fall's almost yearly addition to their ouevre, Gnarls Barkley's second album (assuming that they keep their promise of getting to work on it straight away) and MIA's new album as well.

There are bound to be a lot more as the year progressed but those are the ones that most interest me at the present moment in time.

QUOTE (maian @ Jan 8 2007, 12:24 AM)
Oh, and the debut albums by The Good, The Bad and The Queen and Grinderman. Established artists doing side projects range between brilliant and shite but both of the main figures involved in these (Damon Albarn and Nick Cave, respectively) have had a few careers already so these should be interesting.

I'm also looking forward to The Hours' debut, especially since one of the band members, Anthony Genn, has been an erstwhile member of Pulp, Elastica, Joe Strummer and Mescaleroes amongst others. He also wrote songs for Robbie Williams a few years back, so he has a fairly broad selection of experiences to draw upon.

+Quote Post
Crutch
post Jan 9 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #66

No more smiling.

Member No.: 4,601

I've lost touch with contemporary music, but the album, that really kicked me last year was The Killer's Sam's Town.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Jan 10 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #67

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (baking @ Jan 8 2007, 12:33 AM)
did anyone hear cerys matthews's album?

No.

Actually, I think it's meant to be very good* - at least what little I recall of the reviews I read before its release boded fairly well.

*Edit - as was her previous solo effort.

This post has been edited by Ade: Jan 10 2007, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post
baking
post Jan 12 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #68

Two Pinter

Member No.: 5,871

yeah I heard it was good as well. her first one was a bit too folky for me, apparently this ones more rock-y...catatonia's last album 'paper,scissors,stone' was great, I thought.

+Quote Post
dandan
post Jan 15 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #69

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

QUOTE (Crutch @ Jan 9 2007, 09:24 PM)
I've lost touch with contemporary music, but the album, that really kicked me last year was The Killer's Sam's Town.

that's the worst thing you've ever said.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:58 AM