Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Australian release of 'Fuzz
melzilla
post Mar 7 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #91

I got feet but I'm not a foetus.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,052

Very well done there Rebus!....you win the special badge for courage above and beyond the call of duty!! laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 7 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #92

Addict

Member No.: 2,347

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 7 2007, 09:28 AM)
Ok fuck it.  Did it.  The combination of a crap day at work and knowing I'm getting paid tomorrow encouraged me to damn the consequences.  I'm taking Tuesday and Wednesday off, which resulted in me having a bit of a row with my (new and useless) boss, so at least if I get fired it'll be for a decent reason.  My wife did pretty much the same so we're coming to Melbourne!  Woot!

Don't worry, we're lovely people, young outgoing and friendly and not at all stabby...just ask our psychiatrists.

Iwonder if Melbourne park benches are comfortable places to sleep...

Yay Rebus!
Make sure to keep up with online contact over the next week so we can all arrange to meet up before the show.

Would offer you a place to stay if I could but bf & I only have a small unit with no spare bed or bedroom. So unless you and your wife fancy sleeping on a treadmill or a kitchen table??

Have you tried wotif.com.au or lastminute.com.au? They usually have some good deals on acomodation.

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 7 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #93

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 7 2007, 08:28 PM)
Ok fuck it.  Did it.  The combination of a crap day at work and knowing I'm getting paid tomorrow encouraged me to damn the consequences.  I'm taking Tuesday and Wednesday off, which resulted in me having a bit of a row with my (new and useless) boss, so at least if I get fired it'll be for a decent reason.  My wife did pretty much the same so we're coming to Melbourne!  Woot!

Don't worry, we're lovely people, young outgoing and friendly and not at all stabby...just ask our psychiatrists.

Ah Rebus. You made me giggle. laugh.gif I'm relieved you're not at all stabby! huh.gif hehehee. happy.gif

I'm so glad you'll be joining us on this joyful occasion! The more the merrier. Woo hoo! It's gonna be a blast. (Bloody better be, anyway!) rolleyes.gif

I'd offer you my spare room, but my nephew & his friend will be occupying that. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find somewhere. wink.gif

The count-down to Fuzz time has begun. Weeeeee! biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif

This post has been edited by dolfyn: Mar 7 2007, 12:46 PM

+Quote Post
theevilresident1...
post Mar 7 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #94

I'm Daisy - "writer."

Member No.: 4,220

Why is that, even though I am nowhere near and unable to attend, I am excited? huh.gif

Is it because the Aussies are taking over? laugh.gif

I have no idea!

I suppose it's because the release date is near. biggrin.gif Ooh...tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Heff
post Mar 7 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #95

Bloody Hell

Member No.: 6,009

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 7 2007, 07:28 PM)

Sir, you are a role model for us all. Young, outgoing, friendly, cashed up, easily swayed by peer pressure, and mildly deranged.

Seriously though, that's brilliant news. I'd offer you a place to stay, but I'm currently stationed on a mate's couch. I can testify that Melbourne's park benches are reasonably comfortable for a nights rest, but you have to watch out for the possums.

I will be off the air after Friday (no net at home), but we'll all keep in touch by the wonders of modern telecommunication - semaphore. I'll send you a PM with my flag colours.

I'm cracking - I think I'm going to see the Fuzz this weekend...

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Mar 7 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #96

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

QUOTE (Heff @ Mar 8 2007, 08:59 AM)
Sir, you are a role model for us all. Young, outgoing, friendly, cashed up, easily swayed by peer pressure, and mildly deranged.

Seriously though, that's brilliant news. I'd offer you a place to stay, but I'm currently stationed on a mate's couch. I can testify that Melbourne's park benches are reasonably comfortable for a nights rest, but you have to watch out for the possums.

I will be off the air after Friday (no net at home), but we'll all keep in touch by the wonders of modern telecommunication - semaphore. I'll send you a PM with my flag colours.

I'm cracking - I think I'm going to see the Fuzz this weekend...

We found a room for about 60 bucks so it's all good on that front, thanks for all the goodwill though.

Tut tut Heffster, I think I might manage to stay off the desire to go see it before the Q&A.

+Quote Post
Heff
post Mar 7 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #97

Bloody Hell

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 8 2007, 09:07 AM)
We found a room for about 60 bucks so it's all good on that front, thanks for all the goodwill though. 

Tut tut Heffster, I think I might manage to stay off the desire to go see it before the Q&A.
Just checked the newspaper - Preview screenings start tomorrow. But I'm going to see Elbow play at the Prince of Wales tomorrow night. Also saw another juicy tidbit in the paper - David and Margaret review Hot Fuzz next Wednesday, 10pm ABC.

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 8 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #98

QUOTE (Heff @ Mar 8 2007, 10:21 AM)
Just checked the newspaper - Preview screenings start tomorrow. But I'm going to see Elbow play at the Prince of Wales tomorrow night. Also saw another juicy tidbit in the paper - David and Margaret review Hot Fuzz next Wednesday, 10pm ABC.

Noooo!!! ohmy.gif Resist the urge to see it before Tuesday, Heff. You'll regret it if you don't, as we'll all be sharing that "first time feeling" without you. wink.gif Believe me, I'm dying to see it, but I'm reigning in my urge for the greater good. rolleyes.gif

It'll be interesting to see Margaret & David's take on the Fuzz. happy.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Mar 8 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #99

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (Heff @ Mar 7 2007, 11:21 PM)

Have you seen Elbow live before? They are ten kinds of awesome with a helping of tip-top-tastic cracking fun. One of my favourite bands.

+Quote Post
Heff
post Mar 8 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #100

Bloody Hell

QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 8 2007, 12:36 PM)
Have you seen Elbow live before? They are ten kinds of awesome with a helping of tip-top-tastic cracking fun. One of my favourite bands.
Haven't seen em before, but I think this is only their 2nd time here (maybe 3rd?). Doing some festival in Sydney, and a few side shows.
Shit I'm excited. He's got such a great voice, and they always write cracking songs, and they've released 3 different and brilliant albums.
This is going to be a big week. Elbow tomorrow, Public Holiday Monday, Hot Fuzz Tuesday, The Mars Volta next Saturdee. Perfec.

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 8 2007, 07:29 AM
Post #101

Addict

QUOTE (theevilresident101 @ Mar 7 2007, 03:01 PM)
Is it because the Aussies are taking over?  laugh.gif

We're doing our best wink.gif
Just think of all this excitement as a warm-up for you guys.

QUOTE (Heff @ Mar 7 2007, 09:59 PM)

Characteristics we all aspire to biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 7 2007, 11:07 PM)

Glad you got a room Rebus. Sounds like a good price too.

QUOTE (Heff @ Mar 7 2007, 11:21 PM)
David and Margaret review Hot Fuzz next Wednesday, 10pm ABC.

Ooh will definately watch that. They both gave Shaun a pretty good rating from memory. Although David obviously liked it better than Margaret.
I usually tend to agree with David's taste more so than Margaret's anyway.
Though I find it they both LOVE a movie it's usually very good.

QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 8 2007, 12:28 AM)
Noooo!!!  ohmy.gif  Resist the urge to see it before Tuesday, Heff. You'll regret it if you don't, as we'll all be sharing that "first time feeling" without you.  wink.gif  Believe me, I'm dying to see it, but I'm reigning in my urge for the greater good.  rolleyes.gif

Oh man. I've been so up and down on this.
Am meeting up with a buch of my friends this Saturday and it would be the perfect opportunity to a) see the movie ASAP and b) get lots of new people to see the film with me who might not otherwise have gone to see it.
But reading your comment Dolfyn has made me want to save it and share the first time feeling with you guys too.

Oh it's too hard to decide!!

This post has been edited by AusChick: Mar 8 2007, 07:30 AM

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Mar 8 2007, 08:42 AM
Post #102

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Elbow are indeed cracking, I'll always love Asleep in the Back, and Prince's Bandroom is a great venue. Saw Amon Tobin & Kid Koala there and it was possibly the best live musical experience of my life.

As for Margaret & David, don't get me started. I ranted about them somewhere else. David's not too bad as he has at least some scrap of intelligence, but the wheezing squeaking choking laughing Margaret needs a slap and to learn not to squint when she reads the Autocue of Supposed Articulate Crticism.

+Quote Post
theevilresident1...
post Mar 8 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #103

I'm Daisy - "writer."

Member No.: 4,220

YES! OH DEAR GOD! HELL YEAH!

Sorry.

I am proud to announce that on Sunday I am going to an Advanced Screening of Hot Fuzz! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I can't wait! tongue.gif happy.gif

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 8 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #104

Addict

Congrats on going to see Hot Fuzz on Sunday Goya!
You might beat all of us East-coasters to it!

Rebus, Margaret isn't that bad. She's just a typical middle-aged woman really.
At least she doesn't take things too seriously though.
But I definately agree with David more than her

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 8 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #105

Now; Heff, AusChick, look at moi, look at moi ploise! I've got one word to say to you two....... don't see Hot Fuzz before Tuesday night, otherwise it'll take the shine off the occasion! ohmy.gif If I, winner of the 2006 Spaced-Out award for "Most Desperate To See Hot Fuzz", can resist then so can you! wink.gif 'Nuff said. tongue.gif

As for Margaret & David, I'm always interested in their reviews, but I don't always agree with them. And I do find Margaret's wheezy squeak of a laugh & mispronunciation of some words in an effort to sound intelligent, most annoying. rolleyes.gif Plus David seems to lack any real personality & sense of humour. huh.gif Despite that, I still watch their show to get a bit of insight into upcoming movies. happy.gif

Not long until Fuzz night!!!! biggrin.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
cool.gif

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:39 PM