Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today's the day, Wooooohoooooo
MargateSteve
post Feb 14 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #1

One Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,235

In approximately 3 hours I should be sitting in a cinema in Herne Bay having made the 20 minute trip there to be amongst the first in the land to see Hot Fuzz (not counting those who have managed to get to preiviews - you swines).
Remembering back to the release of SotD I was excited but apprehensive as to whether the magic of Spaced would be matched on the big screen. Happily it was.
This time though I have such high expectations (an old woman gets drop-kicked in the head in the trailer after all) that I am worried that I may be let down.
Why can't I just go to watch a film without this turmoil in my head??????
Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maka
post Feb 15 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #2

One Pinter

Member No.: 6,096

Cant wait to see it 2mrw, just annoyed i couldnt see it all today, but apparently its cos they normally have the film in for 3 days before they play it to the public so they get a practice run, but they only got the film in at 3pm today so didnt get to practice.

that is often the case. but sometimes the movie suplliers are scared of piracy and stuff like that. they deliver on the day.
thats how staff get to see things early we watch that test and if anything goes wrong 1) its "tough" its a test 2) we can tell the techs whats wrong.

or films come in in pieces as they do and you get pieces 1 3 and 5 one day then the others the next.

such a shame it broken, darlo is a bit of a shed from what i have heard, (we cover it occasionally)

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Feb 15 2007, 02:58 AM
Post #3

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE (MargateSteve @ Feb 15 2007, 12:11 AM)
1. There was talk on here a couple of weeks back about a surprising cameo. Who was this as I saw no-one of note that I did not already know was in it.
2. What was the full list of Spaced/SotD references. The ones I recall (being careful not to have spoilers) fences, cold snack and dvd.

A very famous actress plays a certain person in Nicholas's life. wink.gif

A particular type of shop Nicholas buys something for Danny.
A particular sound from The Winchester finds it's way into The Crown pub.

That's all I can think of at this hour.

Wife Of Rolex

+Quote Post
hardcorepigeon
post Feb 15 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (Maka @ Feb 15 2007, 01:29 AM)
that is often the case. but sometimes the movie suplliers are scared of piracy and stuff like that. they deliver on the day.
thats how staff get to see things early we watch that test and if anything goes wrong 1) its "tough" its a test 2) we can tell the techs whats wrong.

or films come in in pieces as they do and you get pieces 1 3 and 5 one day then the others the next.

such a shame it broken, darlo is a bit of a shed from what i have heard, (we cover it occasionally)

I know it wasnt the projectionists fault...and at least i get to see the rest today...plus the bonus of getting to see the 1st half again without paying. They were offering either passes to go back and see it or a full cash refund...i couldnt understand why there were only 4 couples getting the passes...but might be becuase they wanted to do something else with their valentines day.

Darlington cinema is a s**t hole. But we dont have transport to go through to teeside. So we had enough for 1 ticket and popcorn (got the other with Orange Wednesdays) Really bouncing about going back to see the rest tho biggrin.gif

I was also surprised at the running time. My watch said that it was two hours in total which is not common for a comedy. I wonder if it was planned like that or there was just so much they could not drop.

WAtching the interview with Nick and Simon on Film 2007, Simon said it was xactly 2 hours long after cutting, becasue when they used to watch films when they were younger, they felt like 2 hours, so they wanted to make it 2 hours long. Also, a lot of films at 1 hour 30 mins. So its like, you get the film, then 30 mins extra free.

He also said that a lot was cut to get it down to 2 hours, so there will likely be a lot of the deleteld scenes on the DVD.

*goes back to jumping about at the prospect of another 2 pegg filled hours this evening*

+Quote Post
Jon 79
post Feb 15 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #5

Dreaming my life...

Member No.: 2,336

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 15 2007, 02:58 AM)

A particular type of shop Nicholas buys something for Danny.
A particular sound from The Winchester finds it's way into The Crown pub.
That's all I can think of at this hour.
Wife Of Rolex

They're SOTD references though... Were there any Spacedisms?

+Quote Post
logger
post Feb 15 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Feb 15 2007, 01:41 PM)
They're SOTD references though...  Were there any Spacedisms?

Yes.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Feb 15 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #7

Addict

QUOTE (Jon 79 @ Feb 15 2007, 01:41 PM)
They're SOTD references though...  Were there any Spacedisms?

Here and there, but to say anything would spoil it.

Wife Of Rolex

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Feb 15 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #8

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

A very famous actress plays a certain person in Nicholas's life.  wink.gif

I still don't know who that was. But apparently Santa was also someone particularly famous, though not for acting. Is that true?

This post has been edited by Jubei: Feb 15 2007, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
purple prole
post Feb 15 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #9

Feeling kinda high like a Hendrix haze

Member No.: 5,150

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 15 2007, 02:58 AM)

A very famous actress plays a certain person in Nicholas's life.  wink.gif

Wife Of Rolex

I could just wait till I see it again this weekend for this, but are we talking about -

His ex? The woman wearing the full crime scene outfit, including mask. If so I must be really dim as I couldn't recognise who that was, even though all the time I was thinking 'That's got to be someone I know'
Also my mate said afterwards that he saw Jess Stevenson walking across the village square at one point. Is this true? Was I really paying this little attention.

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Feb 15 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #10

Meow

QUOTE (purple prole @ Feb 15 2007, 03:42 PM)
I could just wait till I see it again this weekend for this, but are we talking about -

His ex? The woman wearing the full crime scene outfit, including mask. If so I must be really dim as I couldn't recognise who that was, even though all the time I was thinking 'That's got to be someone I know'
Also my mate said afterwards that he saw Jess Stevenson walking across the village square at one point. Is this true? Was I really paying this little attention.

I looked and I found from a link on Spaced-Out. I wouldn't have guessed it. And everything I read from interviews with the guys said Jess wan't in it full stop. They may be lieing though.

Spoilered by widowspider - please guys, some people don't want to know anything.

+Quote Post
purple prole
post Feb 15 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #11

Feeling kinda high like a Hendrix haze

Member No.: 5,150

I've just looked on the imdb boards to find out who that was. If it is who they say, I'm impressed.

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Feb 15 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #12

Meow

QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 15 2007, 03:48 PM)
Spoilered by widowspider - please guys, some people don't want to know anything.

Sorry, I thought that was a fairly widely known thing that they had been very open about in interviews. Unlike the other thing, which I didn't even say.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Feb 15 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #13

Addict

QUOTE (purple prole @ Feb 15 2007, 02:42 PM)

It is that character and they are not in the credits.

Wife Of Rolex

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Feb 15 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #14

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Feb 15 2007, 03:04 PM)
It is that character and they are not in the credits.
Wife Of Rolex

Yeah. I knew that I recognised them as well. I've just found out who it was and can't believe it. Genius. Also, I heard there was another cameo but don't know how true it is. I would mention it but I don't know how to use that spoiler black out thing.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Feb 15 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #15

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (Jubei @ Feb 15 2007, 03:03 PM)
Sorry, I thought that was a fairly widely known thing that they had been very open about in interviews.  Unlike the other thing, which I didn't even say.

I didn't know until I read it - don't forget that in the States we're 9 weeks away from getting a look at the film. smile.gif

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Feb 15 2007, 03:08 PM)
Yeah. I knew that I recognised them as well. I've just found out who it was and can't believe it. Genius. Also, I heard there was another cameo but don't know how true it is. I would mention it but I don't know how to use that spoiler black out thing.

Before the spoilered info, you put [ spoiler ] (without the spaces) and at the end you put [/ spoiler ] (again, without the spaces). Presto!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:41 PM