IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HOT OZ! HOT NZ!, HOT FUZZ in Southern Hemisphere!
Heff
post Mar 7 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #31

Bloody Hell

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,009

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 7 2007, 03:25 PM)
hehehehe
Ok Dolfyn, let's make a deal.  You can have Simon if I can have Edgar.
And Heff, you and Nick can go and arm-wrestle or something  wink.gif

That's enough of that!  ohmy.gif
Congrats on your one year anniversary Dolfyn.
I can't beleive it's two-and-a-half years since I first signed up here! I think I lurked for a few months before that too.

Nah, we'll just go to the pub.
I've only been on here for a few months. That's just because I never had broadband at home, and couldn't be arsed waiting for anything. Now I just spend all day at work not working!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Mar 7 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #32

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Pub sounds good. The breadknife and I fly in to Melbourne really early on Tuesday morning so if anyone fancies making a day of it, although the best thing I can think to do that day is drink heavily.

Also, is it a little too much on the geekometer to get my dwindling tube of Jaffa Cakes signed?

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 8 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #33

Addict

Member No.: 2,347

QUOTE (theevilresident101 @ Mar 7 2007, 05:47 AM)
I also feel like the youngest here...

Hey evilres. Just checked out your year of birth in the Members section. You are a youngie!
The year you were born was my second-last year of high school!
Now I feel old rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 7 2007, 12:34 PM)
Hey, works for me!!!  wink.gif  biggrin.gif

Excellent. So we have an accord.

QUOTE (Heff @ Mar 7 2007, 09:41 PM)
Nah, we'll just go to the pub.

Sounds good. Dolfyn and I may need to get some booze into Simon & Edgar before the plan could quite come together anyway wink.gif

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 7 2007, 09:57 PM)
Pub sounds good.  The breadknife and I fly in to Melbourne really early on Tuesday morning so if anyone fancies making a day of it, although the best thing I can think to do that day is drink heavily. 
Also, is it a little too much on the geekometer to get my dwindling tube of Jaffa Cakes signed?

Would love to make a day of it if I could Rebus, but sadly have to work. Will do my level best to try and get off early though if I can.

Go for it with the Jaffa Cakes tube for sure!
Where did you get Jaffa Cakes from? Not in Aus, right?
We seem to get every other type of McVitties biscuit here (Digestives and choc digestives are the greatest) except for Jaffa Cakes. I don't know why but no-one seems to import them here.
Every time someone sends me something from England I always beg them to add in a couple of packs of Jaffa Cakes for me. It's the only way to get my fix!

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Mar 8 2007, 08:36 AM
Post #34

ЯR

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 8 2007, 06:40 PM)
Go for it with the Jaffa Cakes tube for sure!
Where did you get Jaffa Cakes from?  Not in Aus, right?
We seem to get every other type of McVitties biscuit here (Digestives and choc digestives are the greatest) except for Jaffa Cakes. I don't know why but no-one seems to import them here.
Every time someone sends me something from England I always beg them to add in a couple of packs of Jaffa Cakes for me. It's the only way to get my fix!

There's a place here called Chocolate Boulevard and they have a tube of Jaffa Cakes for about $6 if memory serves, (although it's probably more than that). I must have spent almost a hundred bucks on the things by now. Of course, now they've revamped and expanded the place, making everything so much better and more efficient, I find no fucking Jaffa Cakes anywhere! Hence why I kept and treasure my last tube...but not in a creepy way...no...s'not like I ...take it to bed with me or anything...

+Quote Post
theevilresident1...
post Mar 8 2007, 09:12 AM
Post #35

I'm Daisy - "writer."

Member No.: 4,220

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 8 2007, 03:40 PM)
Hey evilres. Just checked out your year of birth in the Members section. You are a youngie!
The year you were born was my second-last year of high school!
Now I feel old  rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif

I'm sorry. biggrin.gif wink.gif

But, seriously, am I the youngest on the board? huh.gif

And call me Goya. happy.gif

This post has been edited by theevilresident101: Mar 8 2007, 09:13 AM

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 8 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #36

Addict

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 8 2007, 08:36 AM)
There's a place here called Chocolate Boulevard and they have a tube of Jaffa Cakes for about $6 if memory serves, (although it's probably more than that).  I must have spent almost a hundred bucks on the things by now.  Of course, now they've revamped and expanded the place, making everything so much better and more efficient, I find no fucking Jaffa Cakes anywhere!  Hence why I kept and treasure my last tube...but not in a creepy way...no...s'not like I ...take it to bed with me or anything...

Hehehe somehow I'm imaging you like Homer Simpson "Marge, I want to be alone with the sandwich" "Homer are you going to eat it?" "...................................yes"

So cool that you found Jaffa Cakes here. But it sucks that they seem to have taken them away!
We have a theory that there are secret video cameras in the supermarket and as soon as they see us buing the same item a few times, they realise that we like it and they stop stocking it.
I swear they always get rid of the stuff we like!!

But have never been able to find Jaffa Cakes anywhere in Melbourne. The best we can get is the crappy Croatian version of Jaffa Cakes which are available from the Reject Shop. Sound appetising?

QUOTE (theevilresident101 @ Mar 8 2007, 09:12 AM)
laugh.gif

I'm sorry.  biggrin.gif  wink.gif

But, seriously, am I the youngest on the board?  huh.gif

And call me Goya. happy.gif

Hey Goya. Not sure if you're the youngest. You might be.
We've had a few youngies round here but can't remember everyone's ages.
One of the moderators might know

+Quote Post
CazBag
post Mar 8 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #37

Four Pinter

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,487

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 8 2007, 09:21 AM)
But have never been able to find Jaffa Cakes anywhere in Melbourne.  The best we can get is the crappy Croatian version of Jaffa Cakes which are available from the Reject Shop. Sound appetising?

Hi guys, if you want any sending over just let me know! It would be wrong having a meet without them! laugh.gif It's great that you're all going to be meeting! Have fun!

This post has been edited by CazBag: Mar 8 2007, 10:12 AM

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 8 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #38

Addict

Thanks Caz smile.gif

Sadly though, I don't think they would get to us on time now.
But the upside of that is - ONLY 5 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 8 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #39

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

4 days now! biggrin.gif

The tickets sold out fast! ohmy.gif Two guys at my work, who are big fans of Spaced especially, tried to get some but they were too late. I'm bummed they can't be there. sad.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
theevilresident1...
post Mar 8 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #40

I'm Daisy - "writer."

Member No.: 4,220

QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 8 2007, 09:18 PM)
4 days now!  biggrin.gif

The tickets sold out fast!  ohmy.gif  Two guys at my work, who are big fans of Spaced especially, tried to get some but they were too late. I'm bummed they can't be there.  sad.gif

No you're not. You are bouncing up and down inside with the evil glee syndrome.

They'll be envious of you rabbiting on about it at work.

wink.gif

That, or you are indeed, spreading the Pegg, Wright and Frost joyness to our nation. happy.gif

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 8 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #41

Addict

Wow, it's sold out?
We should definately try and get there earlyish then.
Do we need to work out numbers and try and save seats?

They really should reserve a couple of rows for Spaced-out members and their friends and family happy.gif

+Quote Post
Heff
post Mar 8 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #42

Bloody Hell

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 8 2007, 07:57 AM)
Pub sounds good.  The breadknife and I fly in to Melbourne really early on Tuesday morning so if anyone fancies making a day of it, although the best thing I can think to do that day is drink heavily. 

Breadknife! bring on the slang. I too have to work on Tuesday, and seeing Monday's a public holiday I don't think the boss will give me the day off. However, I might be able to leave at lunch time. Then we can go to the battle cruiser (hah! cruiser = boozer = pub! Those crazy cockneys), and try NOT to drink so much so our bleary eyes can focus on the movie screen. Also, I'd say jaffa cakes ranks very highly on the geekometer. But Simon himself has always been a proud geek, so I say do it.
Goya, you are much younger than some of us. But we're all the same age mentally (i.e. about 6). I work at a printing shop, and I'm going to print you a poster for the lads to sign because you can't make it. One of the Hot Fuzz backgrounds? Take your pick. "evil glee syndrome" yep, I pity the fool who didn't buy tickets. ("I pity the fool." "No, I pity the fool." "Ah pidy tha..." "enough of that.")

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Mar 8 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #43

ЯR

Ooooh, in that case could I order a decent print off of the wallpaper you get when you complete the village movie reference quiz?

Yeah, when I phoned up ACMI to get the tickets a few days ago, the guy said they'd already sold out but they released more tickets, so yeah I'd say it'll be pretty packed and we'll need to get there early.

And Goya, yeah, don't worry about your age, when the time comes I'd say we'll all be the same quivering heaps of useless flesh, unable to string a sentance together.

+Quote Post
Heff
post Mar 8 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #44

Bloody Hell

QUOTE (Rebus @ Mar 9 2007, 08:23 AM)
Ooooh, in that case could I order a decent print off of the wallpaper you get when you complete the village movie reference quiz?
I couldn't finish it! I assume it comes up with all the answers? If you can tell me the answers (PM) I'll try and sort it out, or if you've got a high-res copy of the pic, email it to me.

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 9 2007, 12:23 AM
Post #45

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

I was thinking they might have promotional posters or something at the venue for the guys to sign. I dunno. huh.gif Anyway, that's an awesome idea to print some off, Heff. Are you going to do a few? If so, I'll put my hand up for one please! biggrin.gif

No, there's no evil glee syndrome on my part, Goya. I truly did want them to be part of it. I also wish you could join in, too. Although, if there was a choice of them or me, you know which way I'd go in a heart beat!!! wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

This post has been edited by dolfyn: Mar 9 2007, 12:24 AM

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 04:26 AM