IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HOT OZ! HOT NZ!, HOT FUZZ in Southern Hemisphere!
Heff
post Mar 9 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #46

Bloody Hell

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,009

erm, yeah, I'm not actually allowed to just print posters willy nilly. I did a huge one for myself (1000 x 700mm), but that was on the sly. I could do a few A3 ones without arousing much suspicion (hee hee, arousing). I'll see what I can do... any particular image requests? Maybe keep a Hot Fuzz theme, cause that's why the lads are here. Before you ask, I'm not printing a lifesize Pegg.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 9 2007, 03:34 AM
Post #47

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

That's cool, Heff. Your generosity is much appreciated! smile.gif Any size will do for a poster, even A4. I agree Fuzz themed posters would be best, in keeping with the occasion. cool.gif

No life-size Pegg posters??? huh.gif Damn! There go my plans to make a life-like Pegg doll to cuddle! tongue.gif

Also, got your PM & I'll contact you closer to the time. smile.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 9 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #48

Addict

Member No.: 2,347

Ooh it's all just getting too exciting.

Now I'm starting to worry about stuff though.
Like, are they even doing signings? It's not actually a signing session, just a Q & A. They may not have time to do signings.

The other thing I was worried about is - given that it includes a screening of the film - they may not let us take cameras in! Agh!!

Also - we are preparing for an extra busy day at work on Tuesday. Not only is it the day after a public holiday (which is always busy for us) but we have a new product release on Tuesday and it's pretty highly sought after so we are expecting lots of orders.
So this means the chances of me getting off work early are looking extremely slim.

Never mind. It'll all come out in the wash - as they say.
Even if everything goes wrong it will still be a great night anyway.
And if things go right it will be fantastic!

*edit* P.S. If you have any spare posters Heff I'd love one. But if not, no stress. I don't want to get you into trouble at work.

P.P.S We should all have posters - or badges - which say "Australian Members of Spaced Out"
OK, now I'm just being silly wacko.gif

This post has been edited by AusChick: Mar 9 2007, 09:21 AM

+Quote Post
CazBag
post Mar 9 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #49

Four Pinter

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,487

Thanks to Anni (from Peggster), she recorded the Wellington premiere speech. Here it is on YouTube. The boards got a mention, hoorah!

This post has been edited by CazBag: Mar 9 2007, 11:17 AM

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 9 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 9 2007, 08:19 PM)
Ooh it's all just getting too exciting.

Now I'm starting to worry about stuff though.
Like, are they even doing signings?  It's not actually a signing session, just a Q & A.  They may not have time to do signings.

The other thing I was worried about is - given that it includes a screening of the film - they may not let us take cameras in!  Agh!!

Gee, I thought I was the only one who was worrying about stuff like that! huh.gif Surely they'd do some kind of signing! After all, they're not doing it anywhere else while they're here. rolleyes.gif
As for cameras, I'm going to hide mine very carefully. I have ways.... wink.gif
P.P.S  We should all have posters - or badges - which say "Australian Members of Spaced Out"
OK, now I'm just being silly  wacko.gif

That's not a silly idea. In fact, I was thinking along those lines, myself. happy.gif We need to stand out of the crowd as the true fans. I reckon "Spaced-Out" badges of some sort would be good. cool.gif

Also, whoever gets to the city first on Tuesday, should sms everyone else & try to claim a spot for the front of the queue. Fair enough? smile.gif I do have to work on Tuesday, but I'll try to get away as early as possible.

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
theevilresident1...
post Mar 9 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #51

I'm Daisy - "writer."

Member No.: 4,220

The badges or whatever they end up being is a great idea.

They know what Spaced-Out is thus equalling the beer after all, perhaps? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Mar 10 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #52

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

P.P.S  We should all have posters - or badges - which say "Australian Members of Spaced Out"
OK, now I'm just being silly  wacko.gif

QUOTE (dolfyn @ Mar 10 2007, 12:49 AM)
Also, whoever gets to the city first on Tuesday, should sms everyone else & try to claim a spot for the front of the queue. Fair enough?  smile.gif  I do have to work on Tuesday, but I'll try to get away as early as possible.

The badge (or something similar) is a great idea, we shall all have to think about that.

Dolfyn, I fly in to Melbourne at about 6am so I can get in the line as early as need be. If it starts at 7, what time do you guys think would be the best time to start queueing.
Either way, don't worry, spaces in the line shall be reserved for Spaced Outers and Spaced Outers only.

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 10 2007, 05:33 AM
Post #53

Addict

Thanks for the link Cazbag. It was really cool to see that!
I hope they will ask for anyone from Spaced-Out at the Melbourne screening. Then we can all jump up and down and yell like looneys laugh.gif

After seeing that I'm starting to agree with you guys that the badges might be a good idea after all. Does anyone have a badge-making machine?

Rebus it's really nice of you to offer to get in line and hold the place for us. I wouldn't think you'd need to be there toooooo early. Maybe 3 or 4pm? I don't really know.
Maybe you could drop in there early in the day and make friends with the staff wink.gif and see if they would save a row for us or something.

Dolfyn & Rebus I'll PM you both with my mobile number and I'll SMS it to Heff.

Only 3 days to go!!!!!

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 10 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #54

Clubbing it is! Oops, I mean, badges it is! biggrin.gif Does anyone have the capability to make even some basic ones? Heff, does your work printing talent extend to badge size? (Not to stretch the friendship, of course!) wink.gif

How about this as the badge? I found it in one of the other Fuzz threads. (Click on it for full size. They need to be large-ish so the guys can see them!)

QUOTE (AusChick @ Mar 10 2007, 04:33 PM)
I hope they will ask for anyone from Spaced-Out at the Melbourne screening. Then we can all jump up and down and yell like looneys laugh.gif

I know I will be! happy.gif hehee.

Rebus it's really nice of you to offer to get in line and hold the place for us.  I wouldn't think you'd need to be there toooooo early.  Maybe 3 or 4pm?  I don't really know.
Maybe you could drop in there early in the day and make friends with the staff  wink.gif  and see if they would save a row for us or something.

I second that. Very kind of you, Rebus. smile.gif

Dolfyn & Rebus I'll PM you both with my mobile number and I'll SMS it to Heff.
Only 3 days to go!!!!!

Got it. Thanx. smile.gif

3 sleeps, kids!!!! Woo hoo! cool.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif

This post has been edited by dolfyn: Mar 10 2007, 08:46 AM

+Quote Post
ceebeekiwi
post Mar 10 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #55

Guests

I just met Edgar, Simon and Nick in a pub in New Zealand!

I was a total fangirl and had photos taken with all three. And I have to say - what freaking nice, approachable people - it was a real buzz to meet them!

So often it feels like NZ is tucked away at the edge of everything... even after LOTR and all that... so it was totally amazing to see these guys come out here and mingle with the fans.

Thanks to all 3 guys for signing my Hot Fuzz postcard, my sister is such a big fan and was totally gutted that she couldn't come down and go to the premiere - but its all okay now cause she's got the three autographs for her collection of Spaced/Look Around You memorabilia!

Saw the premiere last night - that movie is HILARIOUS - I think Kiwis totaly get that kind of humour because most of us live in smallish towns or whatnot...

... i'm just in a daze after meeting Simon Pegg. I may have to lie down for a while. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 10 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #56

Addict

Congrats on meeting them CeebeeKiwi. That's really exciting!

Wish I had access to make badges Dolfyn.
If worse comes to worst I can "liberate" some post-it notes from work and we can wear those.

I did have another thought - which may be even sillyer than my badge idea but worth a try:
I noticed one of the girls from England had a pic of her and her mates with the lads and she and her mates were all wearing police hats (you know, the whole Hot Fuzz theme)
I'm sure we could get some plastic police hats from somewhere for a few dollars.
And we could always put some sort of label on the hats which says that we are Spaced-outers?

Just a thought anyway.

+Quote Post
Heff
post Mar 11 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #57

Bloody Hell

Member No.: 6,009

QUOTE (AusChick)
We should all have posters - or badges - which say "Australian Members of Spaced Out"
QUOTE (dolfyn)
I reckon "Spaced-Out" badges of some sort would be good
QUOTE (theevilresident101)
The badges or whatever they end up being is a great idea.
QUOTE (Rebus)
The badge (or something similar) is a great idea
I came into work today (Sunday) to print some posters (done). I thought the badge idea was a bit too desperate, but the overwhelming response has motivated me, and you guys are going to cack your keks when you see what I've done. I can't make actual badges, but I've made a suitable susbtitute (it includes that 'SPACED | OUTER' motif). And I think we might stand out anyway (hint - I'm looking for a red tie to wear).
I'm taking half the day off work, so I can meet you in the city around 1-2pm Rebus. Do you know Melbourne very well? We can grab a pint of the black stuff (not bovril) somewhere, or just hang around ACMI until the others turn up.

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Mar 11 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #58

Addict

Hehehe
Sounding like fun Heff (and slightly mysterious!)

Glad there's someone else who can meet Rebus & Alt for us too.
Will try to get off work as early as I can but unfortunately it's looking like I'll be lucky to get out of there by 5pm sad.gif

Never mind. I'll get there

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Mar 11 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #59

QUOTE (Heff @ Mar 11 2007, 02:44 PM)
I came into work today (Sunday) to print some posters (done). I thought the badge idea was a bit too desperate, but the overwhelming response has motivated me, and you guys are going to cack your keks when you see what I've done. I can't make actual badges, but I've made a suitable susbtitute (it includes that 'SPACED | OUTER' motif). And I think we might stand out anyway (hint - I'm looking for a red tie to wear).

Aaww! Heff, you rock! cool.gif Thanx so much for doing all that. I can't wait to see your handiwork. biggrin.gif

I just met Edgar, Simon and Nick in a pub in New Zealand!

Wow, ceebeekiwi! ohmy.gif That's so awesome! Lucky thing! rolleyes.gif I hope we get to throw a couple back with the guys, too. That would make my year. happy.gif

Well, I should get into the city around 5 or 5.30pm, depending on traffic, unless I can scam leaving a bit earlier. But I have all your mobile numbers, & I'm PM-ing mine to you all. smile.gif

2 sleeps to go, people! Eeeeep! tongue.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Rebus
post Mar 11 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #60

ЯR

Member No.: 5,395

Okay, the pant-wettingly trouser-filling excitment is starting to kick in. Heff, you are a legend for doing all that.

I've only been to Melbourne once but I found it pretty easy to get around, if you can suggest a pub ASAP then I'll find out where it is and we'll meet you there. We'll be dandering around the city all morning, and then head for said pub at lunch and wait there smoking long stemmed cigarettes and wearing white carnations....or perhaps not that last bit.

Either way, I'll text you some time mid morning and let you know where we are and what the game plan is.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:36 PM