Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Mar 30 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #3

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,367

Jericho is a terrible show, and yet I can't stop watching.

It may be the finest example ever of car-crash TV.

I now know that any nuclear attack on the USA is doomed because of small town values.

USA! USA! USA!

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Mar 30 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Mar 30 2007, 06:29 AM)
Jericho is a terrible show, and yet I can't stop watching.

It may be the finest example ever of car-crash TV.

Which, in a way, is fitting as it's basically The Day After: The Series.

You have a stronger will then me, I got bored and quit very early on.

This post has been edited by thirtyhelens: Mar 30 2007, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Mar 30 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #5

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

QUOTE (widowspider @ Mar 30 2007, 03:17 PM)
Have you ever tried waxing? It's a pain (literally) but the hair stays gone for much longer and, over time, the hairs weaken and become thinner. I can't be arsed to do it with anything except my bikini line, but I've been getting that done every 4-5 weeks for the last 2 years or so and there's a noticeable difference now. I also can wait for longer before I need to get it waxed again as the hairs are growing much more slowly.

I had a bad experience with home-waxing strips once (Which was probably a bad place to start, I know) - I didn't use them properly and had a reaction with them, my skin went all scaly and tough (I have a problem with eczema and sensitive skin anyway). Also I'm slightly skeptical because I've been plucking my eyebrows since I was fifteen and the hairs there show no signs of abating yet - if anything I seem to be getting rid of stragglers more or less every day instead of once a week or so.

I had an epilator but got so frustrated with it I left it with my mum as she has less dense hair than me.

It's mainly fear of intense fear and expense. And part of me goes "Why should I have to do this? This is a part of me and someone having a problem with it is just that - their problem". All boils down to the 'not feminine' thing again though.

+Quote Post
curtinparloe
post Mar 30 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #6

All out of mercy today.

Member No.: 4,706

I watched a tiny excerpt from a show presented by Liza Tarbuck on channel 5. It had two points of interest:
  • Keith Harris (with Orville) making a snide comment to that Scottish misanthrope who''s on every panel show there is.
  • A round up of the year 2005 from Channel Five's perspective. From that perspective, it was a year full of obscure and shit TV shows which never made it off the ground, but at least London was never bombed.

I think it's ten years since Channel 5 started. There was something on (before I gave up on TV)with current events from ten years ago narrated by a sardonic lady.

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Mar 30 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #7

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 2,633

Just inished watching Friday Night with Jonathan Ross.

Man, John Travolta can still really dance.

And is that a toupé? Cuz everyone says it is but I couldn't tell.

+Quote Post
Gimp
post Mar 31 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #8

Grrrrr

Member No.: 3,542

What is Casualty coming to when a man with a chainsaw falls out of a tree and he doesn't even land on it?

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Apr 1 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #9

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,309

Wasn't Gareth Gates brilliant on Jonathan Ross? I have to say him coming on the show last night gave me the momentum to go out and meet some friends in town, but watching the repeat now I was wrong to presume he'd be dull and out of his depth. The way he's overcome such a severe speech impediment is very impressive and it's lovely to see his personality shining through. His new-found confidence is a joy to watch, and who would have thought he'd have such a good sense of humour?

If I was a teenage girl I'd fancy him, and that's certainly not something I'd say back in the 'Pop Idol' era.

Good on him.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Apr 1 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #10

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 1 2007, 01:19 AM)
Wasn't Gareth Gates brilliant on Jonathan Ross? I have to say him coming on the show last night gave me the momentum to go out and meet some friends in town, but watching the repeat now I was wrong to presume he'd be dull and out of his depth. The way he's overcome such a severe speech impediment is very impressive and it's lovely to see his personality shining through. His new-found confidence is a joy to watch, and who would have thought he'd have such a good sense of humour?

Absolutely. I think I already posted something along similar lines elsewhere last night. I thought he did bloody well in light of Ross' usual tendency to talk over guests and deliberately wrong-foot them. He came back with several brilliant retorts. Good on him indeed.

It was a great show all round - I'd gone off Ross' show by the end of the last series, but Gervais is always guaranteed fun, and the overall Green Room antics were more entertaining than usual. Good telly.

This post has been edited by Ade: Apr 1 2007, 01:48 AM

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Apr 1 2007, 06:39 AM
Post #11

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Mar 30 2007, 09:48 PM)
I had a bad experience with home-waxing strips once (Which was probably a bad place to start, I know) - I didn't use them properly and had a reaction with them, my skin went all scaly and tough (I have a problem with eczema and sensitive skin anyway). Also I'm slightly skeptical because I've been plucking my eyebrows since I was fifteen and the hairs there show no signs of abating yet - if anything I seem to be getting rid of stragglers more or less every day instead of once a week or so.

I had an epilator but got so frustrated with it I left it with my mum as she has less dense hair than me.

It's mainly fear of intense fear and expense. And part of me goes "Why should I have to do this? This is a part of me and someone having a problem with it is just that - their problem". All boils down to the 'not feminine' thing again though.

Ah. Home waxing is indeed a terrible way to introduce yourself - you need someone to do it for you who is ruthless - and while it does take a fair while to see results, there are still more results than watching your hair getting thicker and coarser as you continue to shave.
Having sensitive skin can be a bit tricky (I have the same problem) but the wax most places use is hypoallergenic and having a bit of aloe gel to hand usually sorts out any irritation the next day. You're always going to get some redness for a day, but aloe will help. And regardless of the rest of the problems, you don't have regrowth for ages.
Like I said, I'm too lazy to do it with anything but my bikini line, but it's much better than anything else. Plus I'm horribly allergic to Immac.

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Apr 1 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #12

The 40 Most Annoying Pop records Of All Time.

All the usual suspects in there, but some good talking heads, including the mighty Daphne & Celeste.

One of them was always fit, but now the other one has caught up. They're both worth a proud nowadays.

+Quote Post
Ghost_862
post Apr 1 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #13

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 2,633

I think this is bad programming on behalf of the BBC.

If they're so annoying then what made the BBC think anyone would want to sit through them for two hours?

I didn't manage it.

The talking heads got on my nerves, ie. when they were talking about Chumbawumba. People who were about twelve when the sogn came out sitting saying "before tupthumping they were actually a really right on, left wing politicalgroup," and I'm just sitting thinking 'yea, but as if you fucking knew that at the time! You, like everybody else in the country, didn't have a clue who they were.'

So yea. Crap.

And who is that chubby guy who calls himself a comedian but only ever appears on talking head shows? I've never seen him anywhere else, but he's not funny so that's probably why. He reminds me of TMF 'top ten celebrity asscheek' type shows where 'comedians' just sit and state the obvious and are somehow supposed to be funny. "Britney Spears has like, soooo lost it." Yes, thank you for that insight.

My word. All this pent up rage. I must leave now and stomp on some bugs. I shall return a calmer person.

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Apr 1 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Ghost_862 @ Apr 1 2007, 01:57 PM)
So yea. Crap.

And who is that chubby guy who calls himself a comedian but only ever appears on talking head shows? I've never seen him anywhere else, but he's not funny so that's probably why.

I've never seen him actually do any 'comedian' stuff.

I only know he is one because it always says so on talking head shows and he won the Weakest Link comedian special. Fair to him on that though, he didn't get a question wrong the whole show and won a record amount for charidee.

+Quote Post
kateykinz
post Apr 1 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #15

Legal alien

Member No.: 2,418

Is anyone watching Heroes in the UK? I think it is on SciFi at the moment.

I've really been enjoying it as a bit of big-budget silly nonsense and am missing it now that it is on a break. Lost and 24 (yes, the first season, I'm that far behind the rest of the world) are just about keeping me going but I'm missing the adorable/annoying nerdy Japanese time-splitter, regenerating cheerleader and the evil one that looks worryingly like David Walliams.

I don't think that stating who characters are is particularly a spoiler but in case it is that's all gone into spoiler tags.

+Quote Post

100 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:50 AM