IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

100 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You, The good, the bad, and loads of remakes!
Serafina_Pekkala
post Apr 25 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #31

Money ...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 25 2007, 10:57 AM)
And you've posted in it sweetness!

Clearly a memorable posting contribution by me - all that Hulk talk made me forget the actual topic. I think i need a cup of tea.

Sefi x

This post has been edited by Serafina_Pekkala: Apr 25 2007, 11:04 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Apr 25 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #32

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (widowspider @ Apr 19 2007, 05:00 PM)
Oooh! That's a really good combination I think. McAdams has the right sensibility for Claire and Bana has an everyman quality to him (despite the extreme sexmo) to play the lead.

I did an 'ooh' too, but the pair are still not quite what I see in my own mind. Bana is a little too hunky to be the wirey Henry, and McAdams too young and cute-looking. I'm still excited though.

Edit: Although the IMDb message board is usually a total shower for bad casting choices, whoever mentioned Christian Bale was inspired. He could totally do the intense Henry, and is physically much closer to my vision.

This post has been edited by Jessopjessopjessop: Apr 25 2007, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Apr 25 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #33

Money ...

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 25 2007, 11:10 AM)
Bana is a little too hunky

You're darn tootin'.

McAdams and Bana sounds delicious but i've not read the book so maybe that is why.

Sefi x

+Quote Post
dandan
post Apr 25 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #34

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 25 2007, 11:53 AM)

the nice hong kong dvd, which i think has a soundtrack thrown in, has been out for a few months. i've read a few people's thoughs and it seems to be worth a watch, but nothing spectacular. depending on the size of my next hong kong order, i've been considering making a purchase. if i do, i'll post my thoughts...

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Apr 25 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #35

Money ...

QUOTE (dandan @ Apr 25 2007, 11:16 AM)
the nice hong kong dvd, which i think has a soundtrack thrown in, has been out for a few months.

And it isn't even released here yet. Not a great vote of confidence.

Sefi x

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Apr 25 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #36

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 25 2007, 10:57 AM)
We already have one! And you've posted in it sweetness!

Maybe it's an imposter. Play along. Wait until she/he makes a fatal error and then pounce and expose them. Hope it's soon..the real Sefi may be bound and gagged in an opium den or sumfink.

Or maybe she just forgot.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Apr 25 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #37

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

Miller replaces Lohan as Dylan Thomas' wife

Sienna Miller has replaced Lindsay Lohan on the set of the Dylan Thomas biopic The Best Time of Our Lives. Lohan was due to play the poet's wife, Caitlin MacNamara, but pulled out at the 11th hour after reportedly failing to strike a deal with the producers. The film is directed by John Maybury, with Matthew Rhys playing Thomas. Cillian Murphy and Keira Knightley co-star. The project is not to be confused with another biopic about the Dylans, titled Caitlin, which has a 2008 release date and stars Rosamund Pike as the eponymous spouse.

Two films being made about Dylan Thomas and his wife? Why does this keep happening? Someone should create a no-clash Hollywood diary.

This interests me because I've been lucky enough to spend some time with their daughter Aeronwy Thomas who is a fascinating women... but meeting her certainly wouldn't lead you to suspect that her mother looked anything like Miller, Lohan or Pike for that matter.

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Apr 25 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #38

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

QUOTE (Jessopjessopjessop @ Apr 25 2007, 11:10 AM)
I did an 'ooh' too, but the pair are still not quite what I see in my own mind. Bana is a little too hunky to be the wirey Henry, and McAdams too young and cute-looking. I'm still excited though.

Edit: Although the IMDb message board is usually a total shower for bad casting choices, whoever mentioned Christian Bale was inspired. He could totally do the intense Henry, and is physically much closer to my vision.

I still think Laura Prepon looks right for Claire. Bale would work, and your original suggestion of Adrien Brody was fitting. Not sure any of them would pair up well, though.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Apr 25 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #39

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

QUOTE (Zoe @ Apr 25 2007, 01:32 PM)
Two films being made about Dylan Thomas and his wife? Why does this keep happening? Someone should create a no-clash Hollywood diary.

This interests me because I've been lucky enough to spend some time with their daughter Aeronwy Thomas who is a fascinating women... but meeting her certainly wouldn't lead you to suspect that her mother looked anything like Miller, Lohan or Pike for that matter.

This is being filmed somewhere near my flat I think. Must find out where.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Apr 25 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #40

Money ...

QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 25 2007, 12:16 PM)
Or maybe she just forgot.

I don't pay attention half the time, you know. To anything.

As for the Dylan film 'Caitlin' - Pike plays the younger version Mrs Thomas and is completely wrong. She is too posh, skinny and brittle for a start. Caitlin was the complete opposite. Older version is Miranda Richardson which is better but not perfect. Michael Sheen is Dylan though - much better if he piles on the pounds. And authentically Welsh. I think he may do well.

Sienna Miller is just ... words escape me. Lohan too. I'd rather see Carmen Electra as Elizabeth Barratt Browing.

Cool you met Aeronwy - she sounds a very interesting lady. And excellent name.

Sefi x

+Quote Post
Ade
post Apr 26 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #41

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Apr 16 2007, 08:49 AM)
Zeden...sorry, Edward Norton is The Incredible Hulk - well, that was out of leftfield...

Woo. Could be interesting.

QUOTE (curtinparloe @ Apr 16 2007, 08:52 AM)
If Ed Norton plays Banner, I wonder if Brad Pitt will play the Hullk...

"Hey, we have the exact same trousers..."

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 18 2007, 12:11 PM)
Here here.  That movie was flawed from the beginning because it was too serious over an essentially ridiculous idea. 

Well, you're right. But I still enjoyed Hulk. Mind you the final showdown with electromorphdaddy was just messy, too dark, and plain ridiculous.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Apr 18 2007, 12:18 PM)
But boy it was fun when the rampaging started.

In a nutshell. the action setpieces (bar the messy end-fight) were excellent. I could watch those again and again.

But there was something decidely lacking from the characterisation of Bruce Banner, no discredit to Bana in my opinion. Or Ang Lee for that matter - visually I thought it was rather stunning, and the comic book titles and framing were a nice touch too. It was all just a little bit different from the usual comic book adaptation, and I liked it for that. If anything is to be criticised, I reckon the writing was at fault.

+Quote Post
dandan
post Apr 26 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #42

Addict

Member No.: 4,256

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Apr 25 2007, 12:22 PM)
And it isn't even released here yet.  Not a great vote of confidence.

Sefi x

not necessarily, i'd say that has little bearing on the quality of said production. the hong kong dvd market is more streamlined and they seem to worry less about waiting for a window of opportunity that will gain the maximum exposure for certain releases.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Apr 26 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #43

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

Pixar's next offering looks to be another winner: 'Ratatouille' - full trailer

"Shaddap and eat yer garbage."

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Apr 26 2007, 02:26 PM
Post #44

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

We've had the posters for that up for aaaaaaaages. I was wondering when they'd get round to releasing an actual trailer.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Apr 26 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #45

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

That movie was flawed from the beginning because it was too serious over an essentially ridiculous idea. 

Ever read many comics? I can't think of much super hero stuff that doesn't fit that mould of being about a preposterous concept but one given a serious context. The whole of the recent Civil War Marvel story arc revolved around super heros being treated as threats to national security, silly as a concept but one with serious parallels to real life. It's not ridiculous really, it's just fiction. It's an entertaining method of presenting some complex and occasionally unpleasant subjects.

+Quote Post

100 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:44 AM