Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HOT FUZZ - OPENING DAY 4/20, U.S. Fans - Feel Free To Free The Fuzz
edgar wright
post Apr 20 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #1

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 6,027

Okay you primitive screwheads, listen up.

Opening day is finally here. And the FUZZ unfurls in some 825 screens today.

I sincerely hope you all get out there and represent. Whether you've seen it before, you're a FUZZ virgin or even one of those very naughty people who would rather watch it on BitTorrent than experience the full majesty of the FUZZ in Dolby 5.1 and on a big ass cinema screen.

So, do get out there and let us know what you think - even if it's your second or third time.

And for some of you less fortunate people whose towns it isn't playing in - be aware. If we do well this weekend and beat the weather and the pot haze, then FUZZ will expand next weekend to even more theatres.

That means either you go see it somewhere or tell a friend / relative / Myspace stalker to go see it.

Also - and this is special - I will personally give big sloppy kisses to the ladies and short sharp handjobs to the guys who actually buy a ticket and post a picture of the stub.

Now that's service you won't get from Michael Bay. (Lee Tamahori maybe).

See you in the theatres.

Arclight Hollywood peeps see you later. There may be special guests and special goodies.

Edgar
x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Julie
post Apr 20 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #2

Hot Lips.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,352

I'm going alone today just because I feel like opening day is the most important. I'm dragging everyone I know at the end of the weekend. Does this mean I get both a kiss and a handjob?

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Apr 20 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #3

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

As I've said elsewhere, the very best of luck with this Edgar. You and the guys and everyone who worked on the Fuzz have worked so very hard, and done a brilliant job.

You deserve only good things. Best of British.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Apr 20 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #4

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

Load in weekend of my theatre company's show means I'm tied up practically 24/7 this weekend, but I'm doing my darndest to get near a theatre. I need another Fuzz fix!

Best of luck with the numbers Edgar! And hope you had a fabby birthday.

Love,

xx

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Apr 20 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #5

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

I love that pic so much I want to give it a sloppy kiss myself. laugh.gif

Check the blog comments, Edgar. Incriminating evidence therein...

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Apr 21 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #6

Addict

Member No.: 2,347

I still adore that picture the mostest!

I just said mostest huh.gif

Anyway - I really hope HF does soooo well on opening weekend there in the US.
And I hope everyone with the means to will go and see it many times over there.
Take your friends, your family, everyone!!

I have got pictures of myself with my HF ticket stubs but they are on the MacBook and I'm on the PC at the minute.
Anyway, I think the less said about the sloppy kisses the better at the moment.
I'll only go and faint again.
Oops, too late......

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Apr 21 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #7

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

I just got back from seeing it a while ago. That was amazing!

I'm hoping it will do really well, so it'll come to my town's theater so i can watch it again!

+Quote Post
Anni
post Apr 21 2007, 01:28 AM
Post #8

OI OI!

Member No.: 6,201

GO GO GO GO GOOOO.

I dragged my family, friends and vague aquaintances to go see it (they all loved it though!), so now it's the Americans turn to do the dirty business. Represent, yo! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sehsoebie
post Apr 21 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #9

Two Pinter

Member No.: 5,290

Just came from the theater!! If you haven't seen it you're missin' out!! Ed, Simon, and Nic, great job. That was awesome! I don't want to spoil anything but Ed... that first explosion was over the top!! I laughed so hard! All you guys did a fantastic job!! Let me say Thank You!! cool.gif

Oh yeah, Nic RULES!!!!

+Quote Post
Mayonnaise
post Apr 21 2007, 03:14 AM
Post #10

Self-Proclaimed #1 Korean-American Nick J. Frost Fan

Member No.: 6,262

The theater was packed and people loved it. Going to watch it again tomorrow and sunday... dragging everyone I know lol.

There ya go Mr. Wright biggrin.gif

Now about the... *cough* *cough*

EDIT: The bit torrent comment... *ouch*

This post has been edited by Mayonnaise: Apr 21 2007, 03:23 AM

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Apr 21 2007, 03:26 AM
Post #11

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

I didn't think Edgar was aware of BitTorrent. Cheeky.

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Apr 21 2007, 06:17 AM
Post #12

Addict

Thomas I think you'd better speak to the gentleman above you about that - Mayo didn't you tell Edgar that you'd already naughtily seen the film? hmmmm??

Also, I think he's a fairly net-savvy kind of guy so I'm sure he'd be well aware of these types of things anyway.

So, that aside -- GO AND SEE IT AT THE CINEMA!!!

Also, tell us all what you thought of it too. We'd like to hear everyone's opinions and views.
(And re-live that exciting first screening - oooh it was fun!)

+Quote Post
thirtyhelens
post Apr 21 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #13

Toasty

Member No.: 2,939

Friday Night at the Arclight, muthas!

Well, to start off with, a bit of bad news - my new bestest buddy at work, April, was unable to join us and it was way too 11th-and-change hour to find another fourth. So I had to eat the cost of that ticket. But big deal, really - I'm just geeky enough to see the bright side to contributing thrice to Hot Fuzz's weekend gross, instead of twice. (We're going on Sunday after brunch, as well. Rrrah. biggrin.gif)

What a fantaaaaaaaastic Q&A - before heading into the screening, we'd already seen Tarantino milling about in the bar, and Lisa had spotted Jack Black while Siran and I were in the restroom. So there seemed to be a bit of a posse about anyway. (Figures, it's the Arclight, after all.) But daaamn, it was a free for all of geekery - First, they introduced Eli Roth. Who came out, and whose sole duty (or so we thought at first) was to introduce.... Jack Black! Who rapidly pointed out that we were all wondering what the fuck does he have to do with Hot Fuzz, and of course...nothing. Except that it was his job to introduce...Tarantino. Whose job it was in his own inimitable QT fashion to introduce...oh, it's those three blokes again. wink.gif And of course, the crowd were off the rails - as were Simon, Nick and Edgar, running on in stellar fashion, but no one more stellar than Eball, who not only did about four somersaults on the carpet but on demand, pulled the splits as well. Rock 'n' roll. (There were loads of others in the house, as well - I spotted Rosario Dawson, and both Zoe Bell and FX god Greg Nicotero got shout-outs during the Q&A.)

Now, actually, the Q&A itself was a mixed bag, but this was fairly entertaining - see, the question-askers were rewarded at various points with t-shirts, DVDs (Point Break, Bad Boys II, Lethal Weapon, etc.), but as the questions wore on, it increasingly became a game of "It's got to be a GOOD question, or you get jack shit." laugh.gif Roth was the gift distributor, and ran his swarthy little ass off chucking goodies at the lucky ones. Of course, there were a fair share of bad questions (Honestly, it's impossible to go for a Q&A at the Arclight without getting at least one question that begins with "As an aspiring actor myself.." *pbbbt!* Jog on.) But some good ones as well, including "Were there any incidents of a violent nature that inspired anything in the film?" (The best being Edgar's tale of a kid he knew who stabbed his tongue with a compass - don't ask - and who he envied for getting ice cream because of it, which inspired Skinner's line after being chin-skewered that he'd really like an ice cream. Heh.) Things got a bit out of hand at the end, too, as there were a few stray Bad Boys II DVDs to give out and lo and behold, it was Tarantino's duty to hand those out....you know that's not going to be easy. wink.gif QT was such a stickler for good questions that it became a long and increasingly angst-ridden melee, during which Simon indicated that if someone didn't ask a decent question soon, he was about to piss himself. (I don't think I've ever seen someone make such a mad dash for the toilet once the coast was clear.)

Sooo... after the room cleared, and the three of us (me, Siran, Lisa) headed out, it didn't really seem like a wise idea to hang around - they had a large group with them all of whom, I'm sure, were heading out elsewhere afterward to celebrate the night, and more power to 'em. So there was no back-slapping and congrats from the wee LA contingent of Spaced Out to follow, unfortunately. Awww. G'head, chastise us for dropping the ball, we deserve it. (Me especially, seeing as how I couldn't stop thinking of getting home to take a painkiller for my neck, which has been killing me all day.) However, that said....*stop* Reeeeewind!.... biggrin.gif

Let's jump back to BEFORE our 8 p.m. screening, where the plan had been for Siran and I to grab dinner at the Cat & Fiddle (a stone's throw down the road) and then walk over to meet Lisa at the cinema at 7:30. Scrapped that plan because it had been pissing down rain all day and the patio was washed out; we didn't really feel like trying to get a table at happy hour, which was fairly packed, so we just decided to head straight over to the Arclight and have dinner in the cafe. Done, dusted - passed a pleasant hour sipping our drinks, eating and talking crap of the various sundry office gossip variety. Good times. Then at one point, in mid-bite, Siran flicks her gaze over my shoulder and grins; we were sitting in the high-backed settee booth and all I could see over my head was a certain familiar cadet cap. wink.gif I nodded. Heh. Kept to myself, though, as the guys and Tarantino, plus a few others were seated on the opposite side of the cafe. NO way am I going to bother them during their dinner, that shit's not kosher. More food, more gossip... and I think I was in the middle of an impassioned speech about my hatred for a particular columnist at our fine publication (who shall remain nameless) when I looked up from my salad and saw one Mr. Simon Pegg standing a few feet away, staring at me, pointing his finger and wearing an expression of "Hang on...isn't that?!" Heh. And he very sweetly came over to say hello and give me a big ol' hug. Aww, bless. I introduced him to Siran (who probably will hate me forever for introducing her to the Pegg while she was attempting to swallow a mouthful of chicken sandwich), and we promptly congratulated him for making us both giggle like idiots during that Jonesy's Jukebox broadcast earlier in the week. ("Oh, you heard that? That was great! I didn't think anyone knew what were were talking about." Hee.) At which point he apologized for having to dash, but they were on their way to the 5 p.m. screening's Q&A. Big friendly wave goodbye, all smiles, aaaand...back to my vodka tonic. Ah, but that was lovely. :-D

And that's all she wrote. For tonight, anyway! A very cool end to their exhaustive press juggernaut - now get up, nurse those hangovers, and GO HOME, boys. And sleep. For a month.

This post has been edited by thirtyhelens: Apr 21 2007, 07:14 AM

+Quote Post
AusChick
post Apr 21 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #14

Addict

Cooler than cool as always Nic!!

Edgar did somersalts and splits???
Man I really should have forked out the $3 grand for a flight. It would have been worth it!!

+Quote Post
Mayonnaise
post Apr 21 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #15

Self-Proclaimed #1 Korean-American Nick J. Frost Fan

Member No.: 6,262

Simon coming over to you guys.. that must've felt great! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »