IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So you've seen Hot Fuzz; details you noticed, like, an in-joke, sight-gag, set-up, reference
dolfyn
post May 1 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #31

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,984

Some more bits I love.... happy.gif

*The way Kevin Eldon delivers the line about how somebody "fell on his pitchfork the other week".

*The way Jim Broadbent delivers the line "Do you like ice-cream?"

*When Simon Skinner says, "Well he murdered Bill Shakespeare." And Angel says, "What?!.... Oh."

*When Angel's filling out the paperwork after catching the shoplifter, whose name is "Cocker". You see Angel write the name, but the shot is edited before the "er" is added on the end. Then the line immediately after that is Kevin Eldon saying, "Impressive collar." The first time, I thought he was about to say "impressive c**k"!!! hehehehee. laugh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AusChick
post May 1 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #32

Addict

Member No.: 2,347

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ May 1 2007, 01:04 PM)
That is too. It's Buxton's Troughton moment.
Yarp.

I also like the unintelligible Police Officer's little asides in response to Doris.
Like when she's talking about Martin Blower's car having it's top off and then says something about having her own top off and he says "tits". Then after George Merchant's house blows up and the doc is talking about people not eating at night and Doris says "I don't know, I like a little midnight gobble" to which he responds with "cocks" laugh.gif

I also love Skinner referring to his supermarket as a supermarchet.
Classic!!

+Quote Post
lynned
post May 2 2007, 07:09 AM
Post #33

Guests

Here's a few more...

Skinner manning the "Splat the Rat" game at the church fete...which is what Tim Messenger's just about to do, and what's just about to be done to him.

Angel's London superiors point out that he's living out of boxes; later, we see the same is true of Danny, despite both men residing in their own hometowns.

The front yard of Angel's cottage, at the end, is positively spilling over with greenery and flowers. Well, what do you expect from a man who loves his peace lily?

+Quote Post
AusChick
post May 2 2007, 08:09 AM
Post #34

Addict

Ooh good ones Lynne!!

I know you from somewhere. Are you on Join The Fuzz?

Welcome to Spaced-Out!!
Come and say "hi" in the New Members thread.

+Quote Post
Alienlint
post May 2 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #35

Guests

For some odd reason, at the end, I got the impression that Nick and Danny moved in together. I don't remember seeing the outside of Danny's apartment, though.

I'll have to see the movie again.

+Quote Post
Mrs Bisley
post May 2 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #36

Rov'rum

Member No.: 4,384

QUOTE (dolfyn @ May 1 2007, 01:25 PM)
*When Simon Skinner says, "Well he murdered Bill Shakespeare."  And Angel says, "What?!.... Oh."

Got a genuine snort from me each time I've seen it!!

QUOTE (Alienlint @ May 2 2007, 02:31 PM)
For some odd reason, at the end, I got the impression that Nick and Danny moved in together. I don't remember seeing the outside of Danny's apartment, though.

In my head, they had.. but in my head they were lovers.... tongue.gif

- I love the face Angel makes when he's talking to Skinner on the walkie talkie after his first fight with Lurch and he goes "... narp?" hee hee!!

- "He's not Judge Judy!" hee hee!!

+Quote Post
Mayonnaise
post May 2 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #37

Self-Proclaimed #1 Korean-American Nick J. Frost Fan

Member No.: 6,262

beginning of the movie, one of the Andys says to Nicholas Angel.. "bet you just can't wait to jump in to Sgt. Popwell's(sp?) grave" and Angel responds with "I'm not jumping into anyone's grave" and in the end when Nicholas Angel is running from the NWA.. he indeed falls into his grave. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jon 79
post May 2 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #38

Dreaming my life...

Member No.: 2,336

QUOTE (Heff @ Apr 30 2007, 07:54 AM)
And a question that's been bugging me - does their police car number plate mean anything? CASI WXX, if my memory serves correctly.

This could be a reference to Carrie. ...Carrie White's head teacher kept calling her Cassie.

+Quote Post
BeyondSpectrality
post May 2 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #39

Guests

I really love Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz.

And I've caught a lot of the references to other films in the movie but one that is obvious to a lot of people is the reference from 'The Omen'. But I'm not exactly sure what people think about this reference. To me this has multiple references to The Omen'. First being that Tim Messenger is a photographer that follows the main character around a lot, Like the photographer in The Omen...

Spoiler:
Tim Messenger is not only killed in a similar fashion as the priest from 'The Omen' (The roof of a church) but he also loses his head as does the photographer in 'The Omen'.

Another thing I love about the movie is Angel, 777....

And a ton more!

+Quote Post
lynned
post May 3 2007, 07:00 AM
Post #40

Guests

QUOTE (AusChick @ May 2 2007, 03:09 AM)
Ooh good ones Lynne!!

I know you from somewhere. Are you on Join The Fuzz?
Welcome to Spaced-Out!!
Come and say "hi" in the New Members thread.

Hi AusChick! Yes, I'm on JTF; good to see you again, thanks for the welcome!

Another favorite gag: The NWA ducking back into their doorways after Angel's ridden into town...including Annette Roper ducking back into her shop offscreen, complete with offscreen doorchime.

+Quote Post
AusChick
post May 3 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #41

Addict

^ I thought I recognised your name Lynned!
Glad to have you o board.

QUOTE (Alienlint @ May 2 2007, 02:31 PM)
It's definately not Danny's house that Nicholas is in at the end (I assumed it was the cottage which wasn't ready at the start of the movie) but there's nothing to say that Danny didn't move into the cottage with him!!

QUOTE (Mayonnaise @ May 2 2007, 03:42 PM)
beginning of the movie, one of the Andys says to Nicholas Angel.. "bet you just can't wait to jump in to Sgt. Popwell's(sp?) grave" and Angel responds with "I'm not jumping into anyone's grave" and in the end when Nicholas Angel is running from the NWA.. he indeed falls into his grave. smile.gif
Ooh good one Mayo!

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post May 3 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #42

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

Another little bit that always makes me grin to myself, & I pointed this one out to AusChick a while back & we always giggle about it.... happy.gif

When Angel says to Frank, "And I know who did it!", just before they go to confront Simon Skinner, he says it in the same voice as Tim in Spaced saying to Mike, "I can still see you up that tree....". laugh.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AusChick
post May 3 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #43

Addict

hehehe yeah I can't see that scene now without quoting "I can still see you up that tree"

+Quote Post
Everlong
post May 5 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #44

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

The scene in which they find the car 'crash', theres another of Simon and Edgar's multi-layered moments.

I shall explain.

They played Romeo and Juliet in the play
When Skinner turns up, 'Romeo and Juliet' by Dire Straits is playing on the car radio/CD.
One of the records thrown at Mary and the fat zombie in SotD was a Dire Straits album

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
AusChick
post May 7 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #45

Addict

^ Throw it!

One of my favourite bits (which I think I've mentioned before) is the reference to the movie "ChinaTown"

The best known line from ChinaTown is the very last line of the movie which is "Forget it Jake, it's ChinaTown"
And in HF Danny says "Forget it Nicholas, it's Sandford"

I thought that was a quite line anyway - but what really makes me laugh about it now is that the first two screenings I went to - my bf was the only one in the whole cinema laughing at that line.
So now every time I see it I can just hear my bf cackling away in an otherwise silent cinema.

As my bf says "It has become a meta-joke"

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:16 PM