Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terminator, Back Again
Raven
post May 15 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Arnie to appear in 'Terminator 4' - well, sorta . . .

Although 3 was a jolly ole romp, I'm not sure about this at all . . . Still, if Claire Danes is in it again . . .
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post May 16 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #2

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,662

So number 4 is going to be about the beginning of the war against the machines I take it?

It could be interesting, but I always found that only getting brief glimpses of the war throughout the first two films worked very effectively. Plus T3 was poo.

Who's playing John Connor?, I heard they were going to recast the role (again)

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post May 16 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #3

'ullo!

Member No.: 6,134

QUOTE (Raven @ May 15 2007, 09:24 PM)
Although 3 was a jolly ole romp

It really wasn't - it was mainly crap, with a spectacular set-piece in the middle.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post May 16 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #4

The ending was quite good, basically once Arnie was gone the film was watchable.

I did laugh when Arnie was shooting up all those police cars with an emormous gun whilst holding a coffin with one hand

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 16 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #5

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (rebelstar @ May 16 2007, 11:11 AM)
It really wasn't - it was mainly crap, with a spectacular set-piece in the middle.

It was the set piece that made the film for me, the sheer wanton destruction was excellent (I wouldn't - in any way - class it as being a great film though).

+Quote Post
zeden
post May 16 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #6

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

I've got to jump on the T3 bashing bandwagon here. For the most part it was a retreading of scenes and setups from the previous films which is where it fell down in my book. It took the tongue in cheek element from T2 and ramped it up to the point where it was camp, Arnies entrance being the most obvious example of this. A step too far into silly territory as far as I'm concerned. And shoe horning in the psychiatrist character for the sake of referencing his role in the first two movies was a step too far, his reason for appearing in T3 is superfluous at best.

This might be tosh, but I'm sure I read somewhere about The Rock playing the next Terminator. Am I making this up or was there ever any news linking him to the role?

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post May 16 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #7

'ullo!

QUOTE (Raven @ May 16 2007, 11:24 AM)
It was the set piece that made the film for me, the sheer wanton destruction was excellent (I wouldn't - in any way - class it as being a great film though).

The only reason I bought the DVD was so I could watch that bit again. Well, that and the fact that I had the first two films so I had to complete the set. And it was only 3. The last two there are also the reasons I own AvP...

+Quote Post
Drifter
post May 16 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,387

T4 - it could all end in tears, they should leave it well alone now but if they insist on doing a 4th then they have to have Cameron do it otherwise it wont work for me. Arnie has lost all sense of what it was to be the Terminator in the last film, making the machine too nice. I did like the idea of the female Terminator, it brought a good slant to it but I felt let down by the film as a whole what with enjoying the tremendous action and suspense carried on from Cameron's first two outings.

I am looking forward to seeing Avatar from Cameron rather than seeing another Terminator film directed by a lesser known individual.

This post has been edited by Drifter: May 16 2007, 10:58 AM

+Quote Post
Atara
post May 16 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #9

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

There is no need for him to really be in the film anyways, surely the next step would be to do the big ass future war and that won't need Arnie, since he only has to look human when he goes to the past and in the war the Terminators don't have skin.

The opening to T2 is cool as hell, I hope it is ALL like that ACTION WOW

Oh yeah...Terminator 3 was a pile of tosh

This post has been edited by Atara: May 16 2007, 12:16 PM

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post May 16 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #10

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (Atara @ May 16 2007, 01:10 PM)
There is no need for him to really be in the film anyways, surely the next step would be to do the big ass future war and that won't need Arnie, since he only has to look human when he goes to the past and in the war the Terminators don't have skin.

Well, no. In the first Terminator film Reese explains that the Terminators are infiltration units-

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human - sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot."

Face it, they'd be piss-poor infiltration units if they were just huge metal skeletons.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post May 16 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (NiteFall @ May 16 2007, 01:36 PM)
Well, no. In the first Terminator film Reese explains that the Terminators are infiltration units-

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human - sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot."

Face it, they'd be piss-poor infiltration units if they were just huge metal skeletons.

Indeed, the human form terminators are used as infiltration units and the aforementioned endoskeleton terminators are used for open warfare like we see at the beginning of T2.

I'd imagine that the previous footage they're intending to use of Arnie will have something to do with sending him back through time after being reprogrammed.

Will they show Skynet though? I don't know if that would be a good idea.

+Quote Post
zeden
post May 16 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #12

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

I can imagine Skynet looking something like the machine city in the third Matrix movie which, given we've already seen such a spectacle, is going to struggle to impress.

+Quote Post
logger
post May 16 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #13

Guests

Terminator 4

Go back in time and kill Edward Furlong.

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 16 2007, 01:14 PM
Post #14

Space Cowboy

QUOTE (rebelstar @ May 16 2007, 11:52 AM)
The only reason I bought the DVD was so I could watch that bit again.

Same here.

+Quote Post
rebelstar
post May 16 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #15

'ullo!

The 3D Terminator thingy at Universal studios has Skynet in it, from what I remember - It's a big pyramid or something. I wish I could remember where my silver Cyberdyne systems mug went, because it's a long way to go for a replacement.

Edit : From Wikipedia

In the Universal Studios theme park attraction T2 3-D: Battle Across Time, based on Terminator 2, a T-800 machine and a young John Connor journey into the post-apocalyptic future and attempt to destroy Skynet's 'system core'. This core is housed inside an enormous, metallic-silver pyramidical structure, and guarded by the 'T-1000000', a colossal liquid metal shapeshifter more reminiscent of a spider than a human being.

This post has been edited by rebelstar: May 16 2007, 01:22 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 06:59 PM