IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> North American Tape Loop 2, the americas take two?
jem
post Jul 27 2007, 06:19 AM
Post #1

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,332

okay... so here is the thing. i want to do another tape loop. i dont know if any of the other members in north america want to have another go at it, but i do. so if you do too, then yay!!! if not then i guess i will just have to make a bunch of mixed cd's and mail them to myself. i'll do it and i'll post the reviews...

This post has been edited by jem: Jul 27 2007, 06:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jul 27 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #2

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

Pinning up the new Americas thread and renaming for clarity.

+Quote Post
Punkass
post Jul 27 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #3

GRACE!

Member No.: 3,791

As stated in another thread, I am up for it.

This post has been edited by Punkass: Jul 27 2007, 04:45 PM

+Quote Post
jem
post Aug 6 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #4

Addict

the mods are gonna run the next loop... so this thread has been rendered pointless.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 6 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #5

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (jem @ Aug 6 2007, 08:41 PM)
the mods are gonna run the next loop... so this thread has been rendered pointless.

Just some clarification on the reason for this

On a basic level, Moderation input is required to run these threads. By being run at Moderator level this ensures that the person responsible for the thread is in a position to do all of the work required to keep things running smoothly. This will be consistent with the UK Loop.

Also, in the past Loops have been left incomplete - advance notice expressing the commitment needed will hopefully ensure this doesn't happen, and make possible new Loopers aware of what is required of them.

It is also hoped that a deadline will help establish a list of participants and start a new loop faster than waiting for a decent number of people to express an interest in an open thread.

Hopefully the time chosen for applications will suit applicants on both the East & West coast (and inbetween)

+Quote Post
jem
post Aug 6 2007, 11:10 PM
Post #6

Addict

QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 6 2007, 02:19 PM)
Just some clarification on the reason for this

On a basic level, Moderation input is required to run these threads.  By being run at Moderator level this  ensures that the person responsible for the thread is in a position to do all of the work required to keep things running smoothly.  This will be consistent with the UK Loop.

Also, in the past Loops have been left incomplete - advance notice expressing the commitment needed will hopefully ensure this doesn't  happen, and make possible new Loopers aware of what is required of them.

It is also hoped that a deadline will help establish a list of participants and start a new loop faster than waiting for a decent number of people to express an interest in an open thread. 

Hopefully the time chosen for applications will suit applicants on both the East & West coast (and inbetween)

no! no! no! it's cool. i understand completly... and i agree with you. the american loop needs mods to run it or else it will go to shit. look at the mess the first one became. it took us a year. and this way the loop will be more than me mailing cd's to myself... (i did'nt expect punkass to want to play if it was just 2 cause that might be a bit boring)... anyways i just hope i get to be apart of the next loop. wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 01:23 PM