Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morning Music, What get's you up?
maian
post Sep 17 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #1

Bully for you

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,498

Since I'm now having to get up in the mornings and actually working, I've carefully selected what music to listen to when I wake up and was just wondering what other people listen to in the mornings, be it a CD, radio station or whatever.

I've been waking up to Tom Wait's ''Closing Time'' recently and despite the fact that it is the ultimate drunken late-night record I've found it presents a nice gentle start to the day.

I may sustitute My Aim Is True for Elvis Costello on Mondays, though, since I can't help but be tickled by the idea of being awoken by ''Welcome To The Working Week''.

This post has been edited by maian: Sep 17 2007, 06:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Sep 17 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #2

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

Chris Moyles. Listening to him blather on is a good incentive to get me up and turn down the radio. Listen to the news, get ready, go to work. The last thing I need in the morning is something that makes me sit back and listen. Do my music listening on the ipod once I leave home.

+Quote Post
logger
post Sep 17 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Guests

I was thinking today that Lemon Jelly's Nice Weather For Ducks would be perfect for a funeral as it's impossible to be depressed to, I suppose it could work for mornings. In fact Ramblin' Man would probably be better to start the day with.

+Quote Post
maian
post Sep 17 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Bully for you

QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 17 2007, 07:23 PM)
Chris Moyles.  Listening to him blather on is a good incentive to get me up and turn down the radio.  Listen to the news, get ready, go to work.  The last thing I need in the morning is something that makes me sit back and listen.  Do my music listening on the ipod once I leave home.

Do you have to commute? Since I tend to get up quite a while before I have to get to work, what with only being a five minute drive away, I find that sitting back and listening works for me in the morning.

That and I can't stand Moyles even as an incentive to get me up.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Sep 17 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #5

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (maian @ Sep 17 2007, 06:25 PM)
Do you have to commute?

Yup. I used to get up and watch TV for an hour or so (when I Love Lucy was On especially) or listen to the radio. But now I find getting up a struggle so it's just get up, get ready and get out

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 17 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #6

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

My phone wakes me up, I leave it on the other side of the room so I have to get up to turn the alarm off.

There are several spaces to programme in alarms and you can set a song for each. The two I use most often are 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO and 'Day and Night' by Billie Piper.

Then I watch 'Just Shoot me' and 'Will and Grace' on C4 before listening to Terry Wogan on the 35 minute walk to work (usually 8:50am - 9:25am).

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Sep 17 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #7

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

My phone alarm, when I remember to use it, which I should because it's pretty effective at waking me up, plays The Benny Hill Show chase theme. It was already on there, and it works, so I kept it.

+Quote Post
maian
post Sep 17 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #8

Bully for you

QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 17 2007, 07:33 PM)
Then I watch 'Just Shoot me' and 'Will and Grace' on C4 before listening to Terry Wogan on the 35 minute walk to work (usually 8:50am - 9:25am).

That's more or less my morning as well. At Uni I always used to watch a film in the morning but I don't think I can handle that now I have to work.

+Quote Post
mcraigclark
post Sep 17 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #9

I'm a poncey thrush.

Member No.: 5,057

I have to get up insanely early (5 am), so I play it safe and listen to NPR. I'm not subjected to Daniel Schorr's clicking dentures and frothy jowls until later though; the BBC World Service broadcasts until 6:00.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Sep 17 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #10

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

For a long time I used to put the vinyl of David Guetta's Just For One Day. These days I just chuck the shuffle function of the ipod on and see what comes up.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Sep 18 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #11

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 17 2007, 06:33 PM)
My phone wakes me up, I leave it on the other side of the room so I have to get up to turn the alarm off.

As do I.

My alarm changes with my whimsy but has recently been Blackfoot Roll by Mr Scruff. Can't help but be in decent form waking up to that tune.

I then listen to the radio (flicking between Radio 2, 4 & Radio Ulster) or what music I have on my phone depending on my mood, on what has become a rather pleasant 45 - 50 min walk to work since I moved near the river Lagan.

+Quote Post
Peronel
post Sep 18 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #12

Ummm...

Member No.: 6,287

I also use my phone as my alarm. I tried having it on the other side of the room, but that just means I get up, traverse room, pick up phone, and take it back to bed, hitting snooze ten more times.

I have the piano intro of FFX set as my alarm at the moment, but it was the start of Incubus' 'Aqueous Transmission' for quite a while. I can't stand the regular beeping of a digital alarm clock, and I'm in no mood for happy songs first thing in the morning.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 18 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #13

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

My phone alarm goes off at 7:30am

My alarm clock goes off at 7:45am

My TV is set to turn itself on at 8:00am

I am hard to get out of bed.

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post Sep 18 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #14

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

Well, my phone alarm is a chorus of Daleks yelling 'Exterminate!'. And Sarah Kennedy usually gets me up in the mornings.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Sep 18 2007, 10:20 AM
Post #15

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ Sep 18 2007, 09:58 AM)
Well, my phone alarm is a chorus of Daleks yelling 'Exterminate!'.

That cannot be good for you.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:45 PM