IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Loftgroover, Only for the hardcore UK raver
logger
post Oct 12 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Guests

Any hardcore gabba fans out there? I don't know if he's still going but back in the day Loftgroover was the gabba DJ. Only he would bring the likes of Public Enemy, NWA, James Brown, Ministry and Nirvana to the hardcore mix. Any fans still out there?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 13 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #2

You do scribble

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (logger @ Oct 12 2007, 11:30 PM)
Any hardcore gabba fans out there? I don't know if he's still going but back in the day Loftgroover was the gabba DJ. Only he would bring the likes of Public Enemy, NWA, James Brown, Ministry and Nirvana to the hardcore mix. Any fans still out there?

I thought gabba was a bit of a joke; a genre which came too later to the rave/dance scene to be taken seriously - a bit like Happy Hardcore but for the Dutch instead of Chavs. The samples sound interesting though; I remember a storming techno mix of a James Brown track from about 1993.

+Quote Post
baking
post Oct 15 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #3

Two Pinter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,871

I've got a mate who really likes his gabba. personally I could never get into it. gabba is like the "end" of music. I don't think it could get any more primitive than gabba, I can probably listen to a gabba track for about 15 seconds before my head starts to explode. my mate has a lot of gabba on vinyl by a label called - if you'll excuse the french - CUNT Records. I think they're out of Germany or somehwere... that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge concerning gabba. apart from the fact I know every gabba track goes BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG. no variation at all. fair play for asking on this board though, lol

+Quote Post
logger
post Feb 22 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #4

Guests

How drunk was I when I started this thread? I don't remember it at all.

Most gabba, and most hardcore for that matter, is utter shite but as with any genre there are some original and talented artists.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:31 PM