ella
post Dec 1 2004, 11:12 AM
Post #31

Mrs P

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,360

*Twists through 180 degrees*

Not in a scary exorcist type way though, I hope? ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Excelsior @ Nov 22 2004, 10:48 PM)
Oooh, the Sandman series.  *Twists through 180 degrees*  Yup, all still there!  It took me so long to get them all that the style of my collection changes halfway through!  Great if you can get them in one go and read through at speed, it'll hang together better then.

I saw the whole collection at Memorabilia, spread across various stalls, but I was feeling a bit cash-poor and didn't buy them. Why??!! I regret that decision now rolleyes.gif

I did make one purchse though - "Tozzer" - never heard of it before, but I liked the look of the artwork - kind of Penny Arcade. Its a kind of white trash spoof of Harry Potter, with appearences from various big, satirical movie characters - I particularly liked Morphius as Morphine, the Dumbledore character.

This post has been edited by ella: Dec 1 2004, 11:13 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Dec 13 2004, 08:40 PM
Post #32

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

Am reading the Ultimate X-Men Graphic Novels. My housemate has bought the first 4, last night i read 2 volumes, and I've got 2 more for tonight. Reading them too fast like this though. sad.gif

+Quote Post
whitey
post Dec 14 2004, 01:08 AM
Post #33

never rub another man's rhubarb

Member No.: 2,308

Re-reading From Hell. Moore's a fucking wizard.

+Quote Post
holly
post Dec 14 2004, 09:51 AM
Post #34

holly

Member No.: 2,298

oh and just recently got into adrian tomine stuff, i love it so much. i cant wait for my student laon to come in january so i can bombard travelling man in manchester yay!

+Quote Post
tameblue
post Dec 16 2004, 09:46 PM
Post #35

huh?

Member No.: 2,933

Being a the only person in the known world that thinks Buffy is shite,(sorry, really wanted to like it, but it's a bunch of cock)...shuddered when I found Joss Wheldon fella was taking his grubby little paws in the direction of my lovely X-Men...but...well let's say I was suprised.

But I'm watching you sun-shine!

This post has been edited by tameblue: Dec 16 2004, 09:47 PM

+Quote Post
Lazlo Woodbine
post Dec 16 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #36

Infamous Wooden Spider

Member No.: 2,273

I've been reading Volume 1 of the Essential, Uncanny X-Men. Since i thought it was about time i did.

+Quote Post
MikeN
post Dec 17 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #37

Guests

Picked up the first TPB of "The Walking Dead" - "Days gone bye" the other day and loved it. I've dived into the story at around issue #9 so it was really interesting to see how it all started.

In addition to that I collected my issues of "Outsiders", "Ashes 2 Ashes", "Dr. Spectrum", "BPRD - The Dead" & "Fables".

Mike.

+Quote Post
spookytwigg
post Dec 17 2004, 11:19 AM
Post #38

Sorry, I don't speak English.

Member No.: 2,865

I generally read anything by Jhonen Vasquez... and Arron Alexovich (ok.. he's only got one so far... but when he's made other comics I WILL buy them tongue.gif). Stuff like "teenagers from mars" which was uber cool... used to collect x-men stuff... but now theres too many comics and I have too little cash tongue.gif... Though I'm quite intrested by the fact that Joss has been writing some... how longs that been going on?

Well... other than meaning to get the Hellsing and megatokyo comics... thats about all I've been getting recently...

+Quote Post
Douglas Nicol
post Dec 17 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #39

Four Pinter

Member No.: 2,843

ATM, I'm reading the Emma Frost miniseries.

+Quote Post
ella
post Dec 17 2004, 11:12 PM
Post #40

Mrs P

Member No.: 2,360

Fururama-o-rama. Is good. Is very good. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Dec 21 2004, 06:09 AM
Post #41

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

Have just read 1602 by Neil Gaiman, Andy Kubert and Richard Isanove. A very odd re-imaging of the Marvel universe, with many heroes and villains appearing hundreds of years early in hitory, 1602 to be precise, as the universes answer to a mysterious temperal phenomonon. Brings together Beast (Hal McCoy), Jean Grey, Cyclops (Scotius Somerisle), Archangel (Robert Drake - son of Sir Francis), Nick Fury (Sir Nicholas Fury), Dr Strange, Daredevil, Black Widow, Dr (Otto Von) Doom, Mr Fantastic, The Human Torch, The Thing and Susan Storm (Four traveller on the good ship 'Fantastick'), Spiderman (Peter Parquagh), Magneto (Enrique), Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Captain America, Toad, Grey Hulk, and some others who I couldn't recognise. Definately worth reading if you are a marvel fan.

I also noticed on the Marvel website that Richard Morgan, of Altered Carbon fame, has written an issue of Black Widow, with Nick Fury in it.

This post has been edited by Jubei: Dec 21 2004, 06:09 AM

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post Dec 21 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #42

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

The last comic I read was.....Simpsons Comics. I know it's not a "proper" comic really but I didn't go to my local Comic Shop this week so I had to settle for *sigh* Tesco's.
sad.gif *Shame*

+Quote Post
holly
post Dec 22 2004, 07:31 PM
Post #43

holly

Member No.: 2,298

nightmares and fairytales rocks lots!

i want comics for xmas!

+Quote Post
dismember
post Dec 23 2004, 02:38 PM
Post #44

One Pinter

Member No.: 2,944

I just finished Maus by Art Spiegleman
it was amazing.. i highly recommend it.

+Quote Post
Jinx
post Dec 26 2004, 11:52 AM
Post #45

Four Pinter

Member No.: 2,974

Aaaah, I have found my people. I gave up collecting comics until the beginning of 2004. I started again in January and have spent too much. New year's resolution for this year is not to pay for any more comics that I don't look forward to feverishly. So far this year's list is;

Hellblazer - you gotta love John
The Losers - Hasn't started sucking, but there've been a couple of dicey moments.
Lenore - Funny stuff, whatever your mood and however drunk/goofed/sober you may be.
Human Target - Started off well, but if I'm not blown away by the next story arch, I'm jacking it in.

And although it's a mini, Grant Morrison's We3 is the best thing I've read all year.

+Quote Post

82 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 12:41 AM