IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are you new?

Please feel free to say hello here in the New Members thread.

63 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> US Spaced remake, Discuss here
Sostie
post Oct 30 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #31

"Mus" à gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

Hope they give Tim a monkey.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Oct 30 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #32

Fallon

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,946

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 30 2007, 10:39 AM)
I can see the set up purely being based around two strangers sharing an apartment and the hilarious antics that ensue around that. I can see all of the movie references being omitted and them just sticking with the most basic of premises.

QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 30 2007, 10:59 AM)
Tim & Daisy will remain pretty much the same career wise...names will probably change to Cherry & Chuck or something.  Mike will become a gung-ho Army reservist, Brian will be pretentious and European, Marsha will not drink (alcohol in a sit-com!!) but will become a bit "ditsy". Twist will become a Puerto Rican drag queen.

Nice. More suggestions, courtesy of my work mate...

QUOTE (AJ)
I just can’t see how this could translate at all, and my brain is instantly running away with all the ways it will have all its spiky British edges filed off.

1) The characters all live in a large and comfortable condo complex, with seventeen pools, despite the fact that they are all unemployed. Martha Kleinholdts’s husband was a Vietnam vet who ran off with a former Viet Cong soldier during a return visit to commemorate the death of his buddies, leaving her with a large sum of money. She used to be the successful director of a sporting goods company, but was forced out for being just too damn good at her job.

2) Tim Beaslingdale is a brown-haired high-class computer hacker, who spends his days rubbishing films and TV shows on Ain’t It Funny News, and allowing the writers to wheel out a Matrix parody whenever they’re feeling particularly inspired. He is heir to an enormous white-collar fortune, and has just dumped his girlfriend of five years because she was a brunette, had small breasts, and just wasn’t pretty enough for him any more. He occasionally works in a comic shop, which just happens to be in the mall that his father owns, because he likes taking the piss out of pathetic geeks who can’t afford high-class computer systems like his own.

3) Daisy Steinsberger is a statuesque blonde who jogs five miles daily, and is only poor because she spent all of her college fund on her enormous breast implants. She’s, like, really into world peace, saving the Jews, and, like, making sure that all the black folks have enough to eat after Hurricane Cortina.

4) LeMichel Watt is a strapping black man, played by a ‘comedian’ best known for subbing for Eddie Murphy on the direct-to-DVD sequels to all of his worst movies. One of the straplines Fox uses to advertise the series is ‘Featuring the Hard-Hitting Urban Comedian from Daddy Day Care III’. LeMichel is an Iraq veteran, and a true patriot,

5) Byron ‘On’ Topp is a successful artist from San Francisco, who is totally, screamingly gay. He wears a beret, and most scenes begin and end with his catchphrases: “Who wants some pork?” and “Oh, go suck a testicle.”

6) Tits Morgan is a successful glamour model and Playboy centerfold, and a college friend of Daisy’s. She works as a fashion designer for a prestigious Italian house. She’s bisexual, and hilarity ensues when she attempts to seduce both Tim and Daisy at the same beat-crunking house party.

7) The show is shot on a soundstage with eight different cameras, with a laugh track. They save their location shoot (of the beach) for sweeps week and the season finale (when Tim and Daisy sleep together for the first time).

8) Storylines for the first twenty-six episode season include:
    a) Tim accidentally shaves off the bottom part of his beard in a farcical shower sequence, and must then avoid the hideous attentions of the totally gay Byron, who has fallen deeply in love with his moustache.
    b) Daisy and Tits try to outdo each other in cup size, when they each go in for lunchtime breast augmentation surgery, and Tim is forced to adjudicate.
    c) LeMichel starts coming apart and believing he is back in Baghdad, so Tim and Daisy pretend to be fellow soldiers in order to bring him through his dangerous – and hilarious! - hallucinations intact.
    d) Tim’s dad has bought Tim his very own mall and hotel complex – but will Tim decide to stay in his current job, with his friends, or will he be lured away by even larger amounts of money?
    e) Byron has a big art show with his totally gay ex-boyfriend lover man. Will they have totally hilarious gay sex together in the same bed? Yes. Then they will select some drapes, and make a catty comment about LeMichel’s cut-off trousers.
    f) Martha’s ex-husband comes back into town with his Vietnamese girlfriend. Martha sees yellow, and starts randomly firing her shotgun into the condo complex. Tim and Daisy have to break into a military compound and steal a tank in order to shoot her down, if the power of a hard rock soundtrack can’t stop her.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Oct 30 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #33

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

Did anyone see 'The Comeback'? I have an image of their show within a show 'Room and Bored', with Lisa Kudrow's character as Marsha.

He he he.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Oct 30 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #34

"Mus" à gauche, "TANG"

Why not raise the comedy level...two straight guys/girls pretending to be a gay couple to get an apartment. And they have monkeys.

I always thought one thing Spaced lacked was monkeys.

+Quote Post
sapphirejedi
post Oct 30 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #35

What are YOU looking at?????

Member No.: 6,356

QUOTE (ipse dixit @ Oct 30 2007, 06:18 AM)
Nice. More suggestions, courtesy of my work mate...

QUOTE (AJ)
I just can’t see how this could translate at all, and my brain is instantly running away with all the ways it will have all its spiky British edges filed off.

1) The characters all live in a large and comfortable condo complex, with seventeen pools, despite the fact that they are all unemployed. Martha Kleinholdts’s husband was a Vietnam vet who ran off with a former Viet Cong soldier during a return visit to commemorate the death of his buddies, leaving her with a large sum of money. She used to be the successful director of a sporting goods company, but was forced out for being just too damn good at her job.

2) Tim Beaslingdale is a brown-haired high-class computer hacker, who spends his days rubbishing films and TV shows on Ain’t It Funny News, and allowing the writers to wheel out a Matrix parody whenever they’re feeling particularly inspired. He is heir to an enormous white-collar fortune, and has just dumped his girlfriend of five years because she was a brunette, had small breasts, and just wasn’t pretty enough for him any more. He occasionally works in a comic shop, which just happens to be in the mall that his father owns, because he likes taking the piss out of pathetic geeks who can’t afford high-class computer systems like his own.

3) Daisy Steinsberger is a statuesque blonde who jogs five miles daily, and is only poor because she spent all of her college fund on her enormous breast implants. She’s, like, really into world peace, saving the Jews, and, like, making sure that all the black folks have enough to eat after Hurricane Cortina.

4) LeMichel Watt is a strapping black man, played by a ‘comedian’ best known for subbing for Eddie Murphy on the direct-to-DVD sequels to all of his worst movies. One of the straplines Fox uses to advertise the series is ‘Featuring the Hard-Hitting Urban Comedian from Daddy Day Care III’. LeMichel is an Iraq veteran, and a true patriot,

5) Byron ‘On’ Topp is a successful artist from San Francisco, who is totally, screamingly gay. He wears a beret, and most scenes begin and end with his catchphrases: “Who wants some pork?” and “Oh, go suck a testicle.”

6) Tits Morgan is a successful glamour model and Playboy centerfold, and a college friend of Daisy’s. She works as a fashion designer for a prestigious Italian house. She’s bisexual, and hilarity ensues when she attempts to seduce both Tim and Daisy at the same beat-crunking house party.

7) The show is shot on a soundstage with eight different cameras, with a laugh track. They save their location shoot (of the beach) for sweeps week and the season finale (when Tim and Daisy sleep together for the first time).

8) Storylines for the first twenty-six episode season include:
    a) Tim accidentally shaves off the bottom part of his beard in a farcical shower sequence, and must then avoid the hideous attentions of the totally gay Byron, who has fallen deeply in love with his moustache.
    b) Daisy and Tits try to outdo each other in cup size, when they each go in for lunchtime breast augmentation surgery, and Tim is forced to adjudicate.
    c) LeMichel starts coming apart and believing he is back in Baghdad, so Tim and Daisy pretend to be fellow soldiers in order to bring him through his dangerous – and hilarious! - hallucinations intact.
    d) Tim’s dad has bought Tim his very own mall and hotel complex – but will Tim decide to stay in his current job, with his friends, or will he be lured away by even larger amounts of money?
    e) Byron has a big art show with his totally gay ex-boyfriend lover man. Will they have totally hilarious gay sex together in the same bed? Yes. Then they will select some drapes, and make a catty comment about LeMichel’s cut-off trousers.
    f) Martha’s ex-husband comes back into town with his Vietnamese girlfriend. Martha sees yellow, and starts randomly firing her shotgun into the condo complex. Tim and Daisy have to break into a military compound and steal a tank in order to shoot her down, if the power of a hard rock soundtrack can’t stop her.

laugh.gif You know what the funniest part is? If the writers saw this post, they'd probably use your work mate's ideas. They steal everything else..... LoL

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Oct 30 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #36

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

I vote Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson as Tim and Daisy.

he he he

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Oct 30 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #37

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

He's come up with a theme tune now too:

[jingle jangle guitar pop]
They’re a guy and a gal who’re young and out of college
She’s got the breasts, he’s got the facial foliage
They’re not dating, though they’ve prob’ly had sex
Their condominium home is filled with nervous wrecks

LIIIIIIIIVING SPACE – they all want it
LIIIIIIIIIVING SPACE – they all need it
LIIIIIIIIVING SPACE – you can have it
If you onleeee preeeetend to beeeeeee

A couple

(cut to black)

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Oct 30 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #38

"Mus" à gauche, "TANG"

Owen Wilson as Tim
Alyson Hannigan as Daisy
The Stath as Mike
Lisa Kudrow as Marsha
Emo Phillips as Brian
Paris Hilton as Twist
Hank Azaria as Duane
Arnie as Private Iron
Ed Harris as Tyres
A monkey as The Monkey

Make it!

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 30 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #39

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 30 2007, 11:47 AM)
Alyson Hannigan as Daisy

I'd watch it for that alone!

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Oct 30 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #40

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (Rua @ Oct 30 2007, 11:34 AM)
Fuck it.

We should all go & audition.

I always wanted to be in Spaced. Maybe this is my chance!

+Quote Post
curtinparloe
post Oct 30 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #41

All out of mercy today.

Member No.: 4,706

I doubt the new Tim will have a beard. The American media seems to fear beards.

+Quote Post
Rua
post Oct 30 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #42

Death of The Party

Member No.: 4,801

QUOTE (widowspider @ Oct 30 2007, 01:07 PM)
I always wanted to be in Spaced. Maybe this is my chance!

They'll probably make Mike a girl anyway.

You're in.

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Oct 30 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #43

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

An Empire article about this. They are duly sceptical.

This post has been edited by Jubei: Oct 30 2007, 01:53 PM

+Quote Post
rabbit57i
post Oct 30 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #44

Varga Girl

Member No.: 2,531

QUOTE (sapphirejedi @ Oct 30 2007, 04:25 AM)
9 times out of 10, when the US "borrows" a TV show idea from the UK, it ends in disaster.

Nine times out of 10 they don't get past the acquiring of the rights stage. There's a lot between getting the rights and even getting a pilot shown to the public. I honestly don't see this even getting to that stage.

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 30 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #45

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Reading the original Variety article a pilot has been ordered so I would guess it is going to get at least that far.

+Quote Post

63 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:13 PM