Post #2686

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,309

"If you ever need me out of your hair just give me a shout"

"Why would I want that?"

"In case you want to bring someone round, a girlfriend... a boyfriend"

"Oh, I will, I'll shout if that happens, something like... I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS!"

Absolute brilliance from Mr. Smith.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 12 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #2687

Batman.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 12 2010, 09:56 PM) *
"Oh, I will, I'll shout if that happens, something like... I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS!"

His delivery was hilarious. The talking to the cat was amusing too, I know people that do that, which made it funnier.

I actually laughed more than I should at another moment, where he closed the door, you could hear him say "oh you beauty" and then a load of clanging. Absolutely silly response from me there.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jun 12 2010, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
Atara
post Jun 12 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #2688

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 12 2010, 09:56 PM) *
"If you ever need me out of your hair just give me a shout"

"Why would I want that?"

"In case you want to bring someone round, a girlfriend... a boyfriend"

Absolute brilliance from Mr. Smith.

I loved this.

Corden aside, great episode. Some great comedic moments . Matt Smith is quickly trumping Tennant

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jun 13 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #2689

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

As with a lot of others, I really don't like James Corden (I don't think he is half as clever as he likes to think he is) but he was okay in this - mainly because he was playing the straight man to Smith's comedy Doctor. One of the stronger episodes this year, but not quite as funny as I was expecting.

I'm revising down my opinion of Vincent and the Doctor, after watching it again on Friday, from Good to OK. There were some very good performances, and some good individual moments, but it doesn't hang together very well. Yes, you have a big emotional hit at the end (which was very good), but the whole Space Chicken bit wasn't half as good as it should have been. There were some very unconvincing bits where Curran is looking one way and the monster is evidently somewhere else. For a lot of the time he is swinging around as though he can't see it as well - which I guess was true for him as an actor, but it shouldn't have been for the character he was playing!

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jun 13 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #2690

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens - BBC One Trailer.

Could this be a barn-busting return to form for Moffat?

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jun 13 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #2691

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

My biggest guffaw of this episode was when he took a big swig of wine and just opened his mouth to vom it back out. Hilarious.

This series has been absolute brills, very excited to see the return of Alex Kingston next week and the mystery of the crack in the wall and the Pandorica.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jun 14 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #2692

Group Icon

Urgh, Kingston's back?

She and the Doctor were smug and smugger in the disappointing weeping angels double-bill. River Song should have been left where she was, along with those stone baddies, in previous series.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 14 2010, 09:06 AM
Post #2693

Batman.

I don't mind her. Though if she was more smug than previously then that would be annoying.

One thing I noticed on Saturday is another scene where we see previous incarnations of the Doctor, for about the third or fourth time this series I think. Trying to tell us something, Moffat?

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jun 14 2010, 09:07 AM

+Quote Post
Bloomeeney
post Jun 14 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #2694

I'm an evil werewolf!

Member No.: 2,245

I really enjoyed the last episode, even Corden. But what was witht he freaky picture in the hallway - did the eyes move???

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jun 14 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #2695

Group Icon

Corden's a very fine comic actor, he's just suffering the backlash of ubiquity. Same thing happened to Jimmy Carr.

He just needs to say no to a few jobs; but not ones like Doctor Who. The other ones.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jun 14 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #2696

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 14 2010, 10:23 AM) *
Corden's a very fine comic actor, he's just suffering the backlash of ubiquity. Same thing happened to Jimmy Carr.

He just needs to say no to a few jobs; but not ones like Doctor Who. The other ones.

Yeah, I can't begrudge an actor for taking great jobs when they get offered. You never know when it's all going to dry up.

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Jun 14 2010, 01:47 PM
Post #2697

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Member No.: 2,367

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jun 14 2010, 10:23 AM) *

If only he'd stick to acting instead of trying to be some kind of plastic uber-lad. He was perfectly fine in Dr Who.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 14 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #2698

Batman.

I like Corden when he's acting. His stage persona is a bit "In-your-face" but it doesn't annoy me. Not yet anyway, he just needs to wind it down a bit. I don't get the hate. At the same time I'm not sure about the people praising him as a genius.

Aside from this, he's a talented sitcom writer (In my opinion anyway, I liked Gavin and Stacey). I think he should steer clear of doing sketch shows, writing or performing.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jun 14 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #2699

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I think he's good in G&S and I didn't mind him in DW, but I really haven't liked him in other things I've seen him in (Lesbian Vampire Killers, the sketch show he did etc).

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Jun 14 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #2700

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

James Corden's actually been around on TV for more than 10 years. First time I was aware of him was on Boyz Unlimited and that must've been 1999/2000, so it's a shame the whole backlash thing is happening just when he's really starting to get real recognition. He's a very good actor, both for comedy and drama, regardless. The thing about that sketch show he did with Matt Horne is that it should never have been a sketch show. It should've been a showcase where each episode focused on particular characters. James Corden's writing is suited for the on-screen slow burn, as seen with G&S, than quick sharp sketches.

But anyway, yes, liked the episode - and the Vincent one before it (nice little call back to it with the Vincent exhibition card on Craig's fridge. Although, he said he'd never been to Paris which is where the exhibition was. Hmm...).

This post has been edited by Wife Of Rolex: Jun 14 2010, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post

242 Pages V  « < 178 179 180 181 182 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 01:25 PM