> Doctor Who IV, The Tin Dog
Shack
post Jun 16 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #2716

Live And Let Pie

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,441

QUOTE (Henry Krinkle @ Jun 16 2010, 12:23 PM) *
Since this weeks (which I really enjoyed) was the Amy lite episode, and next weeks trailer seems pretty Doctor heavy, can we assume that they've scheduled this years Doctor lite episode for the finale?

I suspect he'll get frozen in a Hans Solo pose and rescued at the end.

By K9.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
omni
post Jun 16 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #2717

Mort Canard, Attorney at Law

Member No.: 3,661

I'm thinking it's Rasilon in the Pandorica.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 16 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #2718

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I reckon it's the tenth doctor, he springs out, punches the eleventh doctor and locks him in the pandorica screaming obscenities. He then saunters off to the TARDIS for a 3-way with River and Amy.

+Quote Post
Withnail
post Jun 17 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #2719

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,655

Spoiler pics of the finale over at DS showA stone Dalek, Rory dressed as a Roman centurion, Silurians, The Sycorax and the Weevils from Torchwood! There are also some concept sketches of the Pandorica opening revealing the Doctor inside excl.gif

This post has been edited by Withnail: Jun 17 2010, 11:15 AM

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 17 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #2720

Batman.

Not gonna highlight that in case I see more than I already know, as I've only seen one spoilery pic. Which was too much of a spoiler anyway.

Since Withnail has spoiler tagged stuff, I will too, but be warned, it's a mega spoiler.. The pic I saw was.. Rory in Roman soldier gear holding a lifeless Amy. Though the caption that came with the picture was an even bigger giveaway, I certainly won't be posting that, even with spoiler tags. And I'm a little bit pissed off at the person who revealed it to me. Not livid, but it's a massive spoiler and a bit annoying.

Though after thinking about it, even though it's a big one, knowing Moffat there's probably even bigger events in store.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jun 17 2010, 10:39 AM

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Jun 17 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #2721

Fuelled by Dr Oetker Mozzarella Pizza™

Member No.: 3,821

Goddam it, I really want to look under that black bar...

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 17 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #2722

Batman.

It's probably inside your spoiler tag anyway, I suppose, since your black bar is a lot bigger than mine. Arf.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you (HK) posted spoilers, it was withnail, DUH. Stupid me.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jun 17 2010, 11:50 AM

+Quote Post
Withnail
post Jun 17 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #2723

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,655

There was a BAFTA showing of the episode last night. Mild spoilers to come out of it were:

1. Steven Moffat’s on top form with a brilliantly crafted episode – the perfect start to a two-parter.
2. The Doctor and Amy visit the oldest planet in the universe, where the first words in history have a familiar ring to them.
3. The stakes are every bit as high as in an RTD season finale.
4. Characters from earlier in the series make surprise appearances before the opening titles – and we’re not just talking about the series recap.
5. There’s something funny going on at Stonehenge.
6. If you thought “The Lodger” looked like a money-saving episode, you soon realise where all that spare cash went.
7. There’s a scene in a bar rather reminiscent of the Star Wars cantina.
8. There’s an armada of alien spacecraft.
9. The Doctor gets to deliver one of his “Get out of here!” speeches.
10. There’s a brilliant scare involving a human skull.
11. You could market an entire range of action figures on the back of this episode alone.
12. Amy’s engagement ring is crucial.
13. It’ll make you want to go back and watch the whole series again.
14. Someone other than the Doctor pilots the TARDIS.
15. The Doctor and Amy face a foe reminiscent of fembots.
16. There’s a fantastic nod to The Thing.
17. The Pandorica does indeed open.
18. It also closes.
19. The episode ends in a cliffhanger so devilish that it seems utterly inescapable. It’s going to be a very, very long week.
20. 26 June 2010 is a very important date indeed – and not just because it’s the day of the series finale.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/06/17/doctor-who-preview-2/

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jun 17 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #2724

OMNOMNOM

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 3,076

Must not look, must not look...

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 17 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #2725

Batman.

QUOTE (widowspider @ Jun 17 2010, 02:51 PM) *
Must not look, must not look...

Ha, yeah I'd advise against it. I don't even want to took at anyone else's tag incase it spoils it more for me.

+Quote Post
maian
post Jun 17 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #2726

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

Just caught up with "The Lodger", which I enjoyed a lot. I really liked James Corden as an actor, even if I don't care that much for him as a person, based on what I've seen and heard, and I thought he did a terrific job in this. He got to do the heavy lifting by being the straight man and having the love interest - which I thought was handled very well - whilst Matt Smith got to scale new comedic heights. It was a thoroughly fun episode that made no bones about its wafer-thin plot and just went straight for the laughs, which it delivered.

As for the endgame of this series...

(Note: The following bit in spoiler tags is only speculation, but I've hidden it because I've not read anything about the finale and so don't want to accidentally ruin it for anyone if it turns out to be right.)

A mate of mine at work speculated that it might be The Doctor himself inside the Pandorica, which I was skeptical of (And still am) but watching the preview for next week with that idea in mind made it seem very plausible.

+Quote Post
Henry Krinkle
post Jun 18 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #2727

Fuelled by Dr Oetker Mozzarella Pizza™

Member No.: 3,821

QUOTE (maian @ Jun 18 2010, 12:37 AM) *
A mate of mine at work speculated that it might be The Doctor himself inside the Pandorica, which I was skeptical of (And still am) but watching the preview for next week with that idea in mind made it seem very plausible.

That exact thought has crossed my mind too.
I guessed that The Dream Lord was really The Doctor in Amy's Choice, and whilst I do quite like the idea of The Doctor being an unintentional villain it's already been done in that episode.

What I'd like to see, and I won't spoiler block this, as there's no chance in hell it will be the actual plot, is the clone 10th Doctor being in the Pandorica. The Cracks in the Universe are caused by him breaking through from the alternate universe, as are his very public, attention grabbing actions of series 2-4 being wiped from time (it's caused a paradox, or something...). The Pandorica is an artificial Tardis he created after being stranded on the alternate earth.
And he's all dark and arrogant and slightly scary, like at the end of Waters of Mars. Imagine that.
Perhaps River Song could be the one that defeats him, thereby killing the best man she's ever known and answering that question.
A multiple Doctors story where they're actively against each other, not working towards the same ends, would be awesome. Imagine an evil 10th Doctor. C'mon. It'd be really good...

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 18 2010, 11:21 AM
Post #2728

Batman.

QUOTE (Henry Krinkle @ Jun 18 2010, 12:09 PM) *
What I'd like to see, and I won't spoiler block this, as there's no chance in hell it will be the actual plot, is the clone 10th Doctor being in the Pandorica. The Cracks in the Universe are caused by him breaking through from the alternate universe, as are his very public, attention grabbing actions of series 2-4 being wiped from time (it's caused a paradox, or something...). The Pandorica is an artificial Tardis he created after being stranded on the alternate earth.
And he's all dark and arrogant and slightly scary, like at the end of Waters of Mars. Imagine that.
Perhaps River Song could be the one that defeats him, thereby killing the best man she's ever known and answering that question.
A multiple Doctors story where they're actively against each other, not working towards the same ends, would be awesome. Imagine an evil 10th Doctor. C'mon. It'd be really good...

And all because he wanted to escape Rose...

It'd make my silly joke further up the page funnier.

I don't think they would bring Tennant back so soon. Though whenever the 50th anniversary is (2012? 2013?) it would make a great multiple doctor ep with 3 or 4 doctors fighting the 10th Doc clone thing.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Jun 18 2010, 11:23 AM

+Quote Post
Raven
post Jun 18 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #2729

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

One thing is for sure, whatever is in that giant puzzle box, it's not going to be Rose!

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jun 18 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #2730

Batman.

"Quick, close the pandorica!"

I did like Rose but that would be even more mental.

+Quote Post

242 Pages V  « < 180 181 182 183 184 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:15 PM