IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

445 Pages V  « < 199 200 201 202 203 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Crystal Bucket, What's on Your TV?
Jimmay
post Oct 26 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #3001

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Oct 23 2009, 03:42 PM) *
Jennifer Beals is mixed-race. That young lady might as well have a tartan barcode on her bum for her DNA stamp is certainly Scots-Irish (ha! I was right). I see no resemblance between the two but as Tim Roth's daughter, it works.
Lie to Me is great.

QUOTE (logger @ Oct 23 2009, 07:33 PM) *
I've never seen it but from those pics I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Weirdly, I wasn't being sarcastic there. I was in a rush when I posted those photos so they're not ideal for illustrating my point but when they're on screen together, their facial expressions etc make them seem really similar. Also, I had no idea that Jennifer Beals was mixed race until it was mentioned in the show and both Sarah and I looked at each other with confused faces.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Raven
post Oct 26 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #3002

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 25 2009, 09:15 AM) *
Apparently he was wearing a Penny Arcade "Fruit Fucker" t-shirt as well ( I haven't seen it yet). I'm waiting till series 3 is all out and then I'll watch it over a couple of days at work.

There have been a couple of geek t-shirt moments on TV this weekend. The first one was the comedian on Ian Hislop's team on HIGNFY, who was wearing a Devil's Tower shirt, and the second was Chris Packham, on Autumn Watch, wearing a Tyrell Corporation one (both available from Last Exit to Nowhere).

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Oct 26 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #3003

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 26 2009, 11:16 AM) *
Weirdly, I wasn't being sarcastic there. I was in a rush when I posted those photos so they're not ideal for illustrating my point but when they're on screen together, their facial expressions etc make them seem really similar. Also, I had no idea that Jennifer Beals was mixed race until it was mentioned in the show and both Sarah and I looked at each other with confused faces.

Aye - her dad is black American but she often plays Hispanic people when her hair is straightened. Her 'passing' for white was subject of Devil in a Blue Dress - a great neo-noir movie. But when she was in My Bodyguard aged 16 or so, she had cornrows and everything. I don't think she looks very like her 'daughter' but they do have similarities in gestures etc. You never know though - depends on the person. Hence Thandie Newton's kids are the cutest things in the world with their blonde afro hair. And Giggsy and the late Jade Goody both have mixed race dads.

+Quote Post
Ade
post Oct 26 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #3004

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Oct 25 2009, 01:10 PM) *
Series 3 of The Thick of It was great stuff but it has been funnier.

Damn, I don't think I've even seen the second series - not that I can remember, anyway. I thought this new series that's starting this week was the second series. I'm forgetting an awful lot of stuff lately.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Oct 26 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #3005

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

QUOTE (Ade @ Oct 26 2009, 01:15 PM) *
Damn, I don't think I've even seen the second series - not that I can remember, anyway. I thought this new series that's starting this week was the second series. I'm forgetting an awful lot of stuff lately.

I think there were two specials, which seem to have been counted as a second series. I could be wrong though.

This post has been edited by Sir_Robin_the_brave: Oct 26 2009, 01:37 PM

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 26 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #3006

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (Sir_Robin_the_brave @ Oct 26 2009, 01:36 PM) *
I think there were two specials, which seem to have been counted as a second series. I could be wrong though.

The ''Series 1'' DVD has six episodes on which actually comprise both series 1 and series 2, since the first 3 were screened as one series and the remaining 3 were filmed and shown as a second series, which is why they move up to different offices and the style of direction gets a bit smoother in those episodes. The specials are a completely separate entity that don't count towards the series count.

This post has been edited by maian: Oct 26 2009, 02:12 PM

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Oct 26 2009, 02:12 PM
Post #3007

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

No you are right to be confused. Everyone still is about set up. Series 1 is episodes 1-3 - then 6 months later they make 3 more episodes (S.2). Then 2 specials. It's all very piecemeal. I dunno why Beeb doesn't make the 6 episodes officially series one because they call it that on the DVD (and extra level of twaddle).

Edit - Maian beats me by 2 mins!

This post has been edited by Serafina_Pekkala: Oct 26 2009, 02:12 PM

+Quote Post
Ade
post Oct 26 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #3008

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

Thank you peeplzes! Ade now un-confused.

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 26 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #3009

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Oct 26 2009, 02:12 PM) *
No you are right to be confused. Everyone still is about set up. Series 1 is episodes 1-3 - then 6 months later they make 3 more episodes (S.2). Then 2 specials. It's all very piecemeal. I dunno why Beeb doesn't make the 6 episodes officially series one because they call it that on the DVD (and extra level of twaddle).

Edit - Maian beats me by 2 mins!

Apparently Series 3 will have 8 episodes, which does make a nice compensation for the long wait and lack of episodes prior to this. In The Loop is a nice little addition, too.

Also, I caught up with episode 1 of Series 3 and I loved it. They leapt right back in to things and kept the pace very high throughout. A strong opening that hopefully augurs great things.

This post has been edited by maian: Oct 26 2009, 03:21 PM

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Oct 26 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #3010

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

I wonder if Life tonight will top last week's buffalo hunting komodo dragons?

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 26 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #3011

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I've got a reminder on my phone for that,I'm sad I've been missing it

+Quote Post
logger
post Oct 26 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #3012

Guests

QUOTE (Sostie @ Oct 26 2009, 03:57 PM) *
I wonder if Life tonight will top last week's buffalo hunting komodo dragons?

Hopefully with something a little less depressing. Animals are bastards.

+Quote Post
Jessopjessopjess...
post Oct 26 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #3013

You do scribble

Member No.: 2,423

QUOTE (Raven @ Oct 26 2009, 12:31 PM) *
There have been a couple of geek t-shirt moments on TV this weekend. The first one was the comedian on Ian Hislop's team on HIGNFY, who was wearing a Devil's Tower shirt, and the second was Chris Packham, on Autumn Watch, wearing a Tyrell Corporation one (both available from Last Exit to Nowhere).

Sadly, Last Exit tees have gone from being underground and cool to being worn by every geek in geekdom, and hence double-plus uncool. Not helped by my idiot colleague wearing one all the time.

+Quote Post
Shack
post Oct 26 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #3014

Live And Let Pie

Member No.: 3,441

Poor old Miss Frank. I think the public have finally gone crazy crackers over X Factor and are voting for people they like rather than those who can sing. Danyl in the bottom two? Mental. He's got the best voice (even though he seems very creepy). I'm not sure what would have been discussed at the "emergency X Factor" meeting last night, but as Olly and Stacy are still in I'm quite happy.

Looking forward to Life tonight as well. It's one the best things on telly at the moment.

This post has been edited by Shack: Oct 26 2009, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Oct 26 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #3015

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (Llama @ Oct 26 2009, 09:37 AM) *
The way I figured it was that everyone thought that Danyl would have enough votes anyway, so they voted for their second favourite instead and then no one ended up voting for him. Either that or the public are just idiots.

As John and Edward are still in the competition, I'm going to go with the latter.

Seriously, I know people are keeping them in for the crack but pretty soon that means the good singers are going to start going instead of them.

+Quote Post

445 Pages V  « < 199 200 201 202 203 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 09:23 PM