IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

445 Pages V  « < 322 323 324 325 326 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Crystal Bucket, What's on Your TV?
Shack
post Oct 27 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #4846

Live And Let Pie

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,441

Film 2010

Love Winkles. Always have. She's a delight in this, very natural and very funny as well. I do get the feeling that she's winking at me whenever she looks down the camera though. This could be one of 3 things:

1. One of her eyes is bigger than the other.
2. She wears too much eye makeup.
3. I love her.

Perhaps all three are true.

My only query on the new format is the bit where members of the public (I assume) give their top fives of different things. It shows you a filmic buff talking and doing little jokes and being themselves (yuck) and gives you their opinions (urgh). That said, it's a bit like someone putting a top five of, say, films where someone swims in the nude on here, and then everyone picks it apart, which probably would work. The thing that I intended to be a criticism isn't but it needs more people interactively slagging off the top five of the person who is on the programme.

Not sure about Danny Lee though. I think he needs to rant about a film negatively before I respect him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
logger
post Oct 29 2010, 04:36 AM
Post #4847

Guests

Community's Halloween special was pretty awesome.

+Quote Post
empathy-with-bea...
post Oct 29 2010, 06:52 AM
Post #4848

Early 80's Tom Hanks

Member No.: 4,536

"No supernatural horror film in which it is eventually revealed that the supernatural elements were actually a result of the protagonist's mental illness is ever any good." Discuss.

This post has been edited by empathy-with-beast: Oct 29 2010, 06:52 AM

+Quote Post
Outatime
post Oct 29 2010, 07:51 AM
Post #4849

Addict

Member No.: 3,386

QUOTE (logger @ Oct 29 2010, 05:36 AM) *
Community's Halloween special was pretty awesome.

As was the Castle one. Gotta love a space cowboy.

+Quote Post
grumpygit
post Oct 29 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #4850

Fur Pinter

Member No.: 6,661

Psychoville Halloween Special.
Sunday 31 October
10:00pm - 11:00pm
BBC2

+Quote Post
Ade
post Oct 31 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #4851

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Oct 23 2010, 06:11 PM) *
The pilot of 'The Walking Dead' is brilliant! If you have the means, I highly suggest checking it out.

There's a new batch of photos from the first two eps available HERE

QUOTE (Shack @ Oct 27 2010, 02:19 PM) *
Misfits

Have had this on my "to watch" pile of things on 4OD for quite a while and have just ploughed through series one in less than 24 hours. I absolutely and thoroughly loved it.
QUOTE (ella @ Oct 27 2010, 02:37 PM) *
Misfits is all kinds of awesome. They just teasered series two and I can't wait either.

This is one that's definitely on my 'must watch' list. I always thought the first series looked interesting from the trailers. Cheers for the reminder/recommend.

QUOTE (Shack @ Oct 27 2010, 11:53 PM) *
Film 2010

Love Winkles. Always have. She's a delight in this, very natural and very funny as well.

I've always quite liked her, but you're right, she does wear too much eyeslap. That aside, from what I've caught of the new series so far, I am really liking the new format to the show. All in all makes a very welcome change to Wossy.

QUOTE (grumpygit @ Oct 29 2010, 12:07 PM) *
Psychoville Halloween Special.
Sunday 31 October
10:00pm - 11:00pm
BBC2

Excellent, yes. I really must get around to watching the original series in full - still only seen the first two eps.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Oct 31 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #4852

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

So annoying Katie is in the bottom two again. Sadly, I think Belle Amie are much more likely to go tonight than she is. *Le sigh*

This post has been edited by sweetbutinsane: Oct 31 2010, 08:47 PM

+Quote Post
Shack
post Oct 31 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #4853

Live And Let Pie

Member No.: 3,441

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Oct 31 2010, 08:46 PM) *
So annoying Katie is in the bottom two again. Sadly, I think Belle Amie are much more likely to go tonight than she is. *Le sigh*

You was welz right.

This weeks X Factor was very tedious. My interest in Wagner has waned, it seems obvious that One Direction and Mary are going to get through to the final, and there are a lot of people who, sadly, aren't going to be as successful as they want to be. My sadness is more notable for the lovely Matt Cardle, Rebecca, Treyc and Paije, who all seem just a delight and genuine.

Cher seems to be invoking the voice of David Bowie when she talks.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Nov 1 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #4854

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

I see the final being Cher, One Direction, Matt and Rebecca

Three of those four were the best performances this week, with the surprise addition of Paije, who has (as it turns out) a great jazz voice. Up until now he's just sounded out of tune.

The real showstoppers were Cher, who I dislike but cannot argue with that Kate Bush inspired slice of genius, and One Direction. The choice of song, arrangement and vocal made it into one of the most interesting boy band covers I've ever seen. The more I see them the more I'm impressed with them. They're so good they sound like they're miming.

Rebecca has one of the best voices the show has ever seen, plus she's pure class; but One Direction are such a good boy band they turn me into a twelve-year-old.

I think they're going to win.

AWFUL: Aiden, Wagner, Katie, Belle Amie

AVERAGE: TreyC, Mary, Matt

+Quote Post
Atara
post Nov 1 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #4855

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

I wish Katie would go. Simon is doing terribly this year but I doubt he cares as One Direction are where his focus always was. I can't stand them, but then I have never liked boy bands.

Rebecca is still my favourite. As much as I dislike Cher, she did a great job but I don't think I can take another crap girl-rap in the midst of a medely of two other crap songs like she has done every other week.

I hope Katie goes next week, what the hell is wrong with the judges this year with her comments.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Nov 1 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #4856

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Shack @ Oct 27 2010, 02:45 PM) *
That's what reminded me to watch series one.

So. Many. Good. Lines.

I fancied watching this but I'm worried the teaser may have ruined season 1? If I'm wrong I'll catch up on it.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Nov 1 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #4857

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

Did anyone make it through the Psychoville special last night? I only managed ten minutes before getting to spooked to finish it.

+Quote Post
logger
post Nov 1 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #4858

Guests

I didn't think it was spooky enough.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Nov 1 2010, 10:23 AM
Post #4859

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

I pretty much agree with what's already been said

Rebecca is the best. She sound a little like Aretha Franklin

Matt is very good and very likeable

One Direction - a surprise for me this - are brilliant. Simon's mentoring of them has put Louis to shame. With Simon each member is dressed individually, the song choices have generally been good and their stage performances a little, for want of a better word, shambolic. The opposite of how you would expect Louis, on his past record, to have treated them - suits, ballads, choreographed sitting.

My favourite is the curly haired one. I find one of them disturbing - he looks like a 30 year old in a 17 year olds body.

And talking of 30 year olds in a 17 year olds body - that's exactly what Cher looked like towards the end of her performance. It was undeniably great, but I'm sorry, I still don't like her.

Sad to see Belle Amie go. Or rather, sad to see Rebecca of Belle Amie go

If Louis can't be bothered to pronounce Wagner's name correctly, insisting he's saying it right, why doesn't everyone start using the silent "s" in his name and start calling him "Lewis"?

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Nov 1 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #4860

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

QUOTE (Sostie @ Nov 1 2010, 10:23 AM) *
If Louis can't be bothered to pronounce Wagner's name correctly, insisting he's saying it right, why doesn't everyone start using the silent "s" in his name and start calling him "Lewis"?

My thoughts exactly.

I can't take One Direction seriously. My friend fancies all of them, presumably because cumulatively they're over the age of consent.

+Quote Post

445 Pages V  « < 322 323 324 325 326 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:04 AM