IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

445 Pages V  « < 349 350 351 352 353 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Crystal Bucket, What's on Your TV?
blackcherry
post Jan 13 2011, 02:23 PM
Post #5251

I'm down here for your soul

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,295

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jan 12 2011, 11:59 PM) *
I'm surprised she can see any films with her eyes painted shut like that...

She reminds me of the bit in Bronson where the art teacher has a face painted on his face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Jan 13 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #5252

"Mus" à gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

I caught Man vs Beast on Extreme last night, where man is pitted against animal in a number of physical tasks

Now the title (and channel) alone didn’t suggest it was going to be the most serious of programmes, but with the pairings they had you could understand what they were trying to show

Klondike bear vs the World Eating Champion - hot dog eating. The bear won easily
Giraffe vs Sprinter – 100m sprint. Sprinter won, but giraffe looked like he couldn’t be bothered
Zebra vs Sprinter – 100m sprint. I think the zebra won
Chimpanzee vs Navy SEAL – Navy SEAL assault course. Man won but was exhausted at the end. The chimp eased through the whole thing and wasn’t that far behind. Also, he didn’t know it was a race.

So, all of these, whilst a little silly, were vaguely comparable feats of athleticism. It’s when we get to the final challenge that I think they ran out of ideas.

Elephant vs 40 “Little People” – jet plane pull!

No sure who won. Gave up completely at this point

+Quote Post
empathy-with-bea...
post Jan 13 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #5253

Early 80's Tom Hanks

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 13 2011, 02:42 PM) *
Also, he didn’t know it was a race.

I did a proper laugh.

+Quote Post
Kick in the Head
post Jan 13 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #5254

Cent Dix-Sept

Member No.: 2,258

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 13 2011, 02:42 PM) *
Elephant vs 40 “Little People” – jet plane pull!

No sure who won.

Society!

+Quote Post
maian
post Jan 14 2011, 01:52 AM
Post #5255

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

I just saw a trailer for the U.S. remake of Being Human. It looks awful. Truly, truly awful. Maybe it's just a bad ad, but it looks like it lacks any of the humour and wit of the original.

This post has been edited by maian: Jan 14 2011, 01:53 AM

+Quote Post
empathy-with-bea...
post Jan 14 2011, 08:07 AM
Post #5256

Early 80's Tom Hanks

Member No.: 4,536

It's the accepted American formula of making the least attractive one in the US version as attractive as the most attractive one in the UK. Well not quite, but you know what I mean

That program won't work if they can't make lots of cups of tea.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Jan 14 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #5257

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (maian @ Jan 14 2011, 01:52 AM) *
I just saw a trailer for the U.S. remake of Being Human. It looks awful. Truly, truly awful. Maybe it's just a bad ad, but it looks like it lacks any of the humour and wit of the original.

I'm a bit slow catching up with this but I'm on the last episode of series one and it really is fantastic. I wasn't too sure at first but it's grown on me and really does get the balance right between humour and some high drama. Not wanting to get ahead of myself but when does series 3 start?

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Jan 14 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #5258

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Jan 14 2011, 10:13 AM) *
I'm a bit slow catching up with this but I'm on the last episode of series one and it really is fantastic. I wasn't too sure at first but it's grown on me and really does get the balance right between humour and some high drama. Not wanting to get ahead of myself but when does series 3 start?

23rd Jan on BBC3 (Just over a week away, yay!).

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Jan 14 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #5259

"Mus" à gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

Oh joy. Man Vs Beast wasn’t a one-off. Last night we had more of the same.

I missed the first challenge – Man vs Retriever - Long Jump. From what I can gather by the recap clips the dog won (contestants had to take a running jump off a jetty) and seemed to be the only animal so far that had any sort of interest in what he was doing. Well he was playing fetch

The rest of the show featured…

Man Vs Orangutan - Bar hang. A member of the US Men’s Olympic team competed against a young orangutan to see who could hang from a parallel bar, by the arms, for the longest. Man won through grit, strength and determination. Well that’s what the show made out. What I saw was a man struggling to keep up with an animal that was casually hanging from his bar. An animal that was so comfortable that he spent a lot of time swinging back and forth, and even had time for an epic piss through his shorts (I guess he was wearing them to spare the American public the sight of ape cock). After the wee the “beast” briefly grasped the outer frame of the bar, in turn breaking a rule he didn’t know existed in a competition he probably wasn’t aware he was taking part in. Beast disqualified.

Next…Chimp vs Man – Tree Climbing. Some champion tree climber cut up his hands and feet and exhausted himself climbing a palm tree whilst a chimp, who really couldn’t care less, casually made his way up a tree more out of boredam than competition. Man won – the chimp either had no idea what was going on or did and realised it was all rather futile and below him.

And the finale….Camel vs Four Man “Little Person” Relay Sprint Team – 320m sprint. This was billed as a grudge match for their defeat against the elephant in the Jet pull (though this race was against a camel not an elephant, so does that mean the little people bear a grudge against all creatures?). Anyway, this got off to a cracking start, with our first Little Person sprinting for all his worth while the camel gradually emerged from the traps and sauntered along the track. It wasn’t until the first baton exchange in the Little Person team that the camel decided to try what might be described at a stretch as trotting. It was so close there was a photo finish. Beast won by an inch. I blame a very poor baton exchange in the last leg and, what seems to be a recurring theme, an uninterested beast.

I look forward to the next episode where I no doubt will…

GASP! as more animals are coerced into acts of banality against over competitive athletes.

SHUDDER! at more rubbish commentary trying to inject a little excitement into the show – “the chimp is really psyching him out”. Cut to: a bored chimp staring into the distance.

WONDER! whether the Little People’s grudge against all things bright and beautiful will escalate into a Little People VS Cow – urban shoot-out.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Jan 14 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #5260

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

How did I miss this gem?

Being Human is rubbish. UK or UK. Although the Irish dude is nice to look at.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Jan 14 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #5261

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jan 14 2011, 10:41 AM) *
Man Vs Beast

I need to see this programme.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Jan 14 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #5262

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Same. It sounds awesome even more so because of the rules and things the animals don't even know or care about. They can't truly think a man can hang for longer than an Orang though surely. Dumb.

Did anyone watch Human Planet? It was very good.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Jan 14 2011, 06:27 PM
Post #5263

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

I can't tell if I'm supposed to find the trails for Mad Dogs as sexy as I do.
It's nice to see Ben Chaplin getting work, though.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Jan 14 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #5264

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

MTV are doing a US remake of Skins too.

+Quote Post
maian
post Jan 14 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #5265

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

And Showtime have just started showing their version of Shameless. Every time I see William H. Macy in the Frank Gallagher role my mind collapses in on itself.

This post has been edited by maian: Jan 14 2011, 08:21 PM

+Quote Post

445 Pages V  « < 349 350 351 352 353 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 09:39 AM