IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

445 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Crystal Bucket, What's on Your TV?
Jimmay
post May 2 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #61

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ May 2 2008, 04:03 AM)
Watched new comedy The Inbetweeners on E4. It's co-written by Iain Morris and has Robert Popper as script editor. It's about a group of 17 year old 6th formers seeing out the last half of their teenage years and their comical antics along the way.

Purile, rude, un-PC and occasionaly disgusting...however, very funny. Some great one liners, visually entertaining and great to see something with teenagers that isn't about 'issues and tears'. It's not for everyone but if you like to just switch your mind off and enjoy a bit of childish fun then you could do much worse than this.

I only caught the first one of the double bill but despite my initial misgivings and the repeated use of Kate Nash on the soundtrack I thought it was pretty damn funny. The main character borrowed a hell of a lot from Mark from Peep Show however, but hey, that's a funny character so it can't be all bad.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 2 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #62

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

Brian Blessed on Have I Got News For You right now, the funniest thing I seen for ages! biggrin.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ade
post May 2 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #63

Ade Flanders

Group: Senior Moderators
From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Raven @ May 2 2008, 09:12 PM)
Brian Blessed on Have I Got News For You right now, the funniest thing I seen for ages!  biggrin.gif  cool.gif

Damn it, well that answers my question from another thread. I assume it's going to be repeated early next week?

+Quote Post
Sean of the Dead
post May 2 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #64

Conscience gets expensive, doesn't it?

Member No.: 2,924

It is repeated tomorrow night at 10 o'clock. It was amazing.

+Quote Post
ella
post May 2 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #65

Mrs P

Member No.: 2,360

He was completely irrepressible. Brilliant fun.

+Quote Post
maian
post May 2 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #66

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

I thought it was rubbish, to be honest. I hate episodes of HIGNFY where the rest of the panel are so clearly annoyed at the antics of one of them and Blessed was just very annoying.

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 2 2008, 11:42 PM
Post #67

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

I didn't get that from it at all, if anything I thought Merton and Hislop where playing along with it.

I've not laughed that much at HiGNFY for an age though, and I've never heard the audience applaud that loudly at the end either, so it goes down in my book as a good 'un!

(I particularly liked his reading of the Grangemouth strike headlines and the dress up round - brilliant!).

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post May 3 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #68

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

QUOTE (Jimmay @ May 2 2008, 01:49 PM)
I only caught the first one of the double bill but despite my initial misgivings and the repeated use of Kate Nash on the soundtrack I thought it was pretty damn funny.  The main character borrowed a hell of a lot from Mark from Peep Show however, but hey, that's a funny character so it can't be all bad.

Will is already a great comic character. The second episode was even funnier but if you want to catch it it's on E4 again on Wednesday (7/5).

There's a couple of clips available online...

The Inbetweeners

+Quote Post
Ade
post May 3 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #69

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...

QUOTE (Sean of the Dead @ May 2 2008, 11:19 PM)
It is repeated tomorrow night at 10 o'clock. It was amazing.

Thank you, O mighty Sean - a gentleman and a scholar.

QUOTE (ella @ May 2 2008, 11:21 PM)
He was completely irrepressible. Brilliant fun.
QUOTE (Raven @ May 3 2008, 12:42 AM)
I've not laughed that much at HiGNFY for an age though, and I've never heard the audience applaud that loudly at the end either, so it goes down in my book as a good 'un!

Marvellous.

*sets VCR before he forgets again*

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post May 3 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #70

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

Derren Brown's back - whoot! I wish I could memorise all my psychology handouts and biology notes using the method Derren had that man use, but I'm betting I wouldn't do it right.

Strangely enough, the thing that interested me most about the whole show was finding out in the pub quiz that Sunderland has only been a city since 1992. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Almond_Adam
post May 3 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #71

Two Pinter

Member No.: 6,472

Am I turning into a woman. I've just been watching soaps all week. There's this tragically bad one on BBC1 (after Doctors...which is also terrible) called "Out of the Blue" which seems to revolve around a murder case. It's been commissioned by the BBC and is filmed in Australia in a cynical attempt to replace Neighbours (Which also wasn't good)...and WHAT THE HELL IS FALCON BEACH? It's like The OC but with ANY shred of plot removed! Or good looking characters. Or anything! and I don't like the OC! I've spent this week watching programs that I don't like what's wrong with me?

Corrie's good though.

So's Hollyoaks.

I'm going to go and hang my head in shame!

+Quote Post
Twinkle
post May 4 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #72

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,699

I've just finished watching Flood on ITV1, it was pretty scary when you think about last summer (I live in Hull and we've only just stopped panicking when we get heavy rain!)

I was surprised when they put the flood helpline number up at the end though, hopefully we're not quite on that scale yet!

This post has been edited by Twinkle: May 4 2008, 09:27 PM

+Quote Post
Ade
post May 5 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #73

Ade Flanders

QUOTE (Twinkle @ May 4 2008, 10:24 PM)
I've just finished watching Flood on ITV1, it was pretty scary

Yeah, you're right, pretty scary.

Pretty scary how atrociously bad the film is - I had the misfortune to waste two hours of my life on that dross when it came out to rent on DVD. So bad it was almost hilarious. Tom Courtenay's performance made me want to chew tin foil, fillings be damned.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post May 5 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #74

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

I didn't watch Flood as I was watching the Snooker instead, along with intermitant flick overs to Indiana Jones on BBC1.

But I did occasionally switch over on the off chance I would catch the scenes where London was flooded by the tidal wave. Can't say I was too impressed by the bits I saw. It was a bit over dramatic as far as I could tell and not that great CGI either. I caught one scene where a helicopter was hovering over some big waves and it looked like a bloody toy held up close to the camera. It was that bad I was expecting the finger and thumb holding it to accidently come into shot.

+Quote Post
Twinkle
post May 5 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #75

Three Pinter

Member No.: 2,699

Yeah I agree the CGI was pretty ropey and I must admit I didn't watch it from the beginning but it did keep my attention which isn't easy to do as I'm always channel hopping. The fact that Robert Carlyle was in it probably helped matters - he's looking good for 47 smile.gif

+Quote Post

445 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 08:05 AM