IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

445 Pages V  « < 400 401 402 403 404 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Crystal Bucket, What's on Your TV?
Sostie
post Aug 25 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #6016

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Aug 25 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Who knew there'd be so many logistics involved in watching a tv show. Do I have to get some sort of licence or fill out an application form?

That's just silly. Though for best results watch in this order...

Season 3, 5, 2, Voyager season 4, Buffy S1, 9, 7, 6 and 3 again.

Season 5 should be watched with contrast on your TV turned right up

Only watch the odd numbered episodes in season 6.

There you go. Sorted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gulfcoast_highwa...
post Aug 25 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #6017

We gotta make the planet safe for the kiddies

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,367

No! Season 2 (especially the second half) has some of the finest Buffy ever. 'Passion' is in my top ten Buffy eps of all time.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 25 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #6018

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (Serafina_Pekkala @ Aug 25 2011, 12:52 PM) *
I start Buffy from series 3 personally. Series 1 and 2 have moments of fun - it is just far far more crappy looking than you remember. Some of the FX looks very shoddy. I think they had more money from S.3 and more freedom. It shows.

But you are saying that in hindsight. A newbie would benefit from watching the first two seasons, at least for character development/arcs.

+Quote Post
Serafina_Pekkala
post Aug 25 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #6019

Money ...

Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (Sostie @ Aug 25 2011, 01:38 PM) *
But you are saying that in hindsight. A newbie would benefit from watching the first two seasons, at least for character development/arcs.

They should be watched of course but I never go back to them. Except some from second half of season 2 maybe. I also only start DS9 from Season 3 so maybe I am getting things confused.

Season 5 should be watched with contrast on your TV turned right up

Season 4 should be watched with Italian subtitles. So you can see Faith say "cinque da cinque".

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Aug 25 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #6020

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

I never really got into Buffy or Angel. Vampire stuff isn't really my thing, and although I've watched a bunch of episodes of both I just kind of went 'meh' and they didn't hook me. I was convinced for a long time I wasn't a Joss Whedon fan, but after I watched Firefly I realised this is untrue. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Raven
post Aug 25 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #6021

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

I'm not a huge fan of the vampire genre, but Buffy and Angel are definitely exceptions to that rule.

+Quote Post
Julie
post Aug 25 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #6022

Hot Lips.

Member No.: 3,352

I think it's because the vampires aren't the central characters and their world is mostly glossed over in favour of the adventures of the Slayer and the other humans, or something.

I agree, though. I'm really not into the whole vamp thing and this does seem to be a major exception.

+Quote Post
ella
post Aug 25 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #6023

Mrs P

Member No.: 2,360

I wouldn't count myself as a vamp fan either. I think that Buffy appeals becasue it is about friendship (or somesuch nonesense). And it is delightfully Whedonly funny and clever.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Aug 25 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #6024

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (Raven @ Aug 25 2011, 05:02 PM) *
I'm not a huge fan of the vampire genre, but Buffy and Angel are definitely exceptions to that rule.

Ditto, not big into vampire stuff aside from Buffy/Angel and True Blood.

+Quote Post
widowspider
post Aug 25 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #6025

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

I found it just the wrong side of high school/juvenile to really interest me. Which sounds horribly arrogant, but I promise I don't mean it that way. They just come across as immature characters in a way that irritated me. And I feel like I'm the only person in the Willow Sucks club. That character annoyed the crap out of me in every episode I watched.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Aug 25 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #6026

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

It's all about La Hannigan.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Aug 25 2011, 07:24 PM
Post #6027

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I unashamedly love Willow/Vamp Willow.

And Hannigan herself of course.

This post has been edited by Everlong: Aug 25 2011, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Aug 25 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #6028

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Aug 24 2011, 01:13 PM) *
I know a few people on here are fans, just got to the end of season 3 of Castle (ie up to speed with America). Wonderful show and the season finale is great, although I was expecting Castle to dive in the way and get shot instead of Kate. The final moments were wonderfully pitched though, they've played the Castle/Beckett will-they-won't-they just right and hit stride at the correct time, not too soon or too late. The scene in the LA-set episode is especially nice, the two leads play it perfectly and it was really effective in revealing the two of them really do love each other, without any mushy dialogue or even a kiss.

Also for Fillion-ites (of which there are many on here, male and female) it's a bloody treasure trove of in-jokes. There are a lot of Firefly references thrown in, plus "bam! said the lady" and feeding the birds make regular appearances.

I've recommended it to a bunch of people already, but would urge anyone unfamiliar to get on board, thoroughly enjoyable show. Available easily enough on the interwebs if you fancy a peek. Excellent TV.

Saw this post the other day and decided to plough through the last few episodes I had saved up so I could read underneath that very tempting black bar. The will they won't they was really starting to annoy me to be honest although there was a nice reference to that whole element of the show in the episode set around that soap opera. The scene in LA you're on about was a typical "For Fucks Sake" moment though and they've almost-ed so many times that it's starting to get a bit old. I was hoping Castle would be hidden behind the door when she saw the room was empty and then just jump her.

However, with that minor criticism out of the way, the whole show is amazing and the last episode was absolutely spectacular. Every scene was played to perfection and even though I knew Montgomery was the 3rd cop from the moment they mentioned there WAS a third cop, it was still very well done. Particular kudos go to Ryan and Espesito for the whole scene in the alleyway. Didn't see the final moments coming though and I'm glad I don't have to wait long to see Kate wake up in hospital. The whole episode packed some serious emotional punches which elevates it far above any other by the numbers cop show out there (especially Murder She Wrote which unfortunately when you describe Castle is pretty much the same thing.) Roll on Season 4.

This post has been edited by Jimmay: Aug 25 2011, 08:47 PM

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Aug 25 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #6029

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

^What he said.
As for the Murder She Wrote comparison I think Nathan Fillion put it best when he described it as "Murder She Wrote meets Moonlighting. But I never watched Murder She Wrote and can't really remember Moonlighting".

+Quote Post
ipse dixit
post Aug 26 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #6030

Fallon

Member No.: 2,946

QUOTE (gulfcoast_highwayman @ Aug 25 2011, 01:30 PM) *
'Passion' is in my top ten Buffy eps of all time.

True dat! s3 is still probably my fave overall though.

+Quote Post

445 Pages V  « < 400 401 402 403 404 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 04:34 AM