IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Are you new?

Please feel free to say hello here in the New Members thread.

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spaced region 1 DVD, You gonna get it?
Are you going to buy the new Spaced DVD?
Are you going to buy the new Spaced DVD?
No. I don't even like the show! [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
No. I've got it already. No point in getting it again. [ 9 ] ** [20.45%]
No. I'd like it though, but I don't have a region 1 player. [ 3 ] ** [6.82%]
Yes. I don't have it on DVD yet. [ 4 ] ** [9.09%]
Yes. I have it already, but will get this for the new extras. [ 23 ] ** [52.27%]
Yes. & I'm going to get a new multi-region player specifically for it! [ 2 ] ** [4.55%]
Other - I can't really think of any 'other'... unless you plan to steal it! [ 3 ] ** [6.82%]
Total Votes: 44
Guests cannot vote 
Jon 79
post May 19 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #106

Dreaming my life...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,336

QUOTE (dolfyn @ May 19 2008, 05:00 AM)
Actually, I understand where Sarah's coming from. For example, on occasion, I've ended up feeling like I have to defend my own passionate feelings about SPACED (& the remake that almost was), because a couple of people have alluded to that kind of passion being overly reactionary (I'm putting it as nicely as possible!) or that people expressing that passion aren't reasonable. The difference is that those of us who are openly enthusiastic, haven't treated the less enthusiastic people with any contempt for it.

I mostly feel at home here now, but there have been times when I've had similar thoughts & feelings to Sarah's. I understand that a lot of Mods & original members have known each other for a long time, so there would naturally be a bit of a clique (rightly or wrongly); but I believe the term "we're the cool kids, smoking up the back" was used here once by one of the regulars, & it can certainly come across that way sometimes.

That said, nobody's perfect & I love this forum & all you fine people. I enjoy reading & participating in the sometimes spirited debates that spark up. And I love SPACED & (so far) the projects that have followed. That's why I continue to visit.  smile.gif

Feel the (genuine) love.
dolfyn.
wink.gif

You shouldn't feel like you have to defend any passion for Spaced or anything else. Everyone's opinion for anything is valid. & if you feel like someone (or everyone) is having a go at you for yours, then that's wrong. I enjoy a light hearted argument as much as the next person... but I think most of us know where to draw the line. ...As for the 'Cool kids'... whoever said that surely meant it in an ironic self-deprecating way. As Zoe pointed out, we're members of an internet fan forum... how cool can we be??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post May 19 2008, 07:52 AM
Post #107

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

You're ace, Jon. wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jon 79
post May 19 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #108

Dreaming my life...

Member No.: 2,336

QUOTE (dolfyn @ May 19 2008, 08:52 AM)
You're ace, Jon.  wink.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
smile.gif

I know. biggrin.gif

...(i'm not cool though)

+Quote Post
Starscream`s Gho...
post May 19 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #109

Alley Viper

Member No.: 3,024

Before this topic moves on too much, I need to apologise to any and all people I might have upset this weekend, or had a go at. As some of you will know, I'm a complete idiot, and am hotheaded to the point of my head esploding. Sometimes I let my feelings run away with me, and this was one of those occasions. If I've pissed anyone off too much, I'm sorry.

Carry on.

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post May 19 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #110

^ You're ace too, Glenny. cool.gif

QUOTE (Jon 79 @ May 19 2008, 06:04 PM)
I know.    biggrin.gif
...(i'm not cool though)

I'm not cool, either. I'm a dorky geek, & proud of it (which makes me even more of one, I guess!). rolleyes.gif

Feel the love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif

+Quote Post
Zoe
post May 19 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #111

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,309

And on that postive note, it's time to draw a line under these discussions and pull this thread back on topic.

For future reference the forum rules can be found here.

If you read a post that you feel breaks these guidelines, please press the report button to alert the moderating team.

If anyone has any general feedback about the forum, please feel free to PM any of the moderating team.

+Quote Post
LoneWolf
post May 19 2008, 09:45 AM
Post #112

No Pinter

Group: Junior Members
Member No.: 6,630

QUOTE (Starscream`s Ghost @ May 19 2008, 08:36 PM)
As some of you will know, I'm a complete idiot, and am hotheaded to the point of my head esploding.

YOUR HEAD A SPLODE

Edit: I felt too off topic, so I thought Id just say something to get us back on topic.

Im actually beginning to think that I prefer the colour of the Region 1 art. Theres something about black and purpley mix that I like. I also like that its got Mike in his jester hat. That just always cracks me up for some reason. The reason is that someone I know (or me) always seems to acquire some random object like that whilst out clubbing, although its usually a "Cat in the Hat" type hat.

This post has been edited by LoneWolf: May 19 2008, 09:51 AM

+Quote Post
Sostie
post May 19 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #113

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Zoe @ May 18 2008, 01:16 PM)
But are you interested in his opinions on Spaced?

I think I might be. I do like listening to people talk enthusiastically about film/TV, and you can't get more enthusiastic than him. His Hot Fuzz commentary was quite entertaining (though at times had very little to do with what was going on screen) and it will be interesting to see how much he can fit in a 20 odd minutes. Just wish he would do some commentaries for his own films.

He's not the only one doing a commentary so the new set does appeal to me a little.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post May 19 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #114

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

I'm not keen enough to hear the new commentaries to fork out for a second three-disc set. I only listened to the original commentaries once, and as enjoyable as they were, I can't see me ever sitting through them again. I'd probably never get round to listening to a second set, particularly those where I'm not the biggest fan of the contributors.

Plus the commentaries on the R2 set are already retrospective.

I'd be more excited to see the Q&A to relive the fun of our day on the South Bank, but again not enough to spend actual poundage.

Maybe someone will lend it to me.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post May 19 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #115

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

The Q&A is a selling point. Not only to relive a great day but also to hear the minor "who came the furthest for the screening" war. I was tempted to pipe up that I came from the future. Just to beat the extremely disgruntled Aussie.

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post May 19 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #116

^ laugh.gif

But we Aussies are already from the future. tongue.gif

Feel the (Future-land) love.
dolfyn.
happy.gif

+Quote Post
Raven
post May 19 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #117

Space Cowboy

Group: Blokes in Charge
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE (Sostie @ May 19 2008, 11:41 AM)
I was tempted to pipe up that I came from the future.

Oh you should have done, that would have been good!

+Quote Post
widowspider
post May 19 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #118

OMNOMNOM

Member No.: 3,076

QUOTE (Sostie @ May 19 2008, 10:41 AM)
The Q&A is a selling point.  Not only to relive a great day but also to hear the minor "who came the furthest for the screening" war.  I was tempted to pipe up that I came from the future.  Just to beat the extremely disgruntled Aussie.

What really annoyed me was that Jules and I thought we had that in the bag, but then annoying Seattle-guy beat us. And then asked the worst fucking question on the planet.

You've done zombies...you've done cops...so what's next, guys?

Um. You're at a Spaced event, dumbass.

I wonder if they panned a shot to the line of Mods all slapping their foreheads in exasperation. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Sostie
post May 19 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #119

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (widowspider @ May 19 2008, 02:16 PM)
I wonder if they panned a shot to the line of Mods all slapping their foreheads in exasperation. happy.gif

I think you would have got that shot if you filmed any section of the audience.

You fly all the way from across the Atlantic. You have a chance to ask one question. And what do you ask? On the plus side it did prompt Nick's "bukkake" reply.

+Quote Post
Ade
post May 19 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #120

Ade Flanders

From: the moment I could first write, I KNEW that I wanted to be an internet forum moderator...
Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (Sostie @ May 19 2008, 11:12 AM)
I think I might be.  I do like listening to people talk enthusiastically about film/TV, and you can't get more enthusiastic than him.  His Hot Fuzz commentary was quite entertaining (though at times had very little to do with what was going on screen)  and it will be interesting to see how much he can fit in a 20 odd minutes.  Just wish he would do some commentaries for his own films.

He's not the only one doing a commentary so the new set does appeal to me a little.
QUOTE (Sostie @ May 19 2008, 11:41 AM)
The Q&A is a selling point.  Not only to relive a great day but also to hear the minor "who came the furthest for the screening" war.  I was tempted to pipe up that I came from the future.  Just to beat the extremely disgruntled Aussie.

The exact same reasons I'm intending to buy the new edition, although probably once it has come down a little in price.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 12:54 AM