> Big Brother 9, More lambs to the slaughter
Sostie
post Sep 3 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #136

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 3 2008, 06:21 PM)
Rex may have an ego, but he's also witty, acerbic, cynical and refreshingly honest.

I know which I prefer on my telly.

Oh it wouldn't be half the show without him. I hated Charley, but she was essential viewing. Other than Brian Dowling I can think of very few (if any) housemates that I liked and kept me watching.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Sep 3 2008, 06:21 PM)
I was a bit worried about missing the final on Friday, thinking the outcome would be ruined by the time I got to watch the Saturday repeats, but then I remembered noone has mentioned the show or anything about it to me all summer.

Even the tabloids seem to have almost given up on covering this series.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Sep 5 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #137

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,387

what a load of wank

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Sep 6 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #138

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,309

she exited that house like a little eggy fart, carrying her cup...

What an embarassment.

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Sep 6 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #139

Member No.: 5,387

She makes us Welsh look like right thick twats, of all the people to win it, she was bottom of my list, in fact she had fallen off of it

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Sep 7 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #140

Addict

Member No.: 3,423

Yeah ok, she's a nice girl, whatever. But Rachel winning this series of Big Brother, with her bloody quim grin (seriously, she has to sort out her lipstick tone), brought a wetter end to the last 3 months than the weather.

Despite the end result, this has actually been my favourite series. Though, as far as I'm concerned the real final was 5 weeks ago when Luke was evicted. He was the real winner for me. I know he's not popular in certain quarters, in fact there's an alarming disproportionate amount of hate leveled at him - come on, he only had a bit of a gossip at worse, but I thought he was brilliant and should've easily been in the final. He and Rebecca were my highlights of the series.

I blame Dennis for how the series turned out in the end. He was an insidious influence on the house from the moment he stepped through the door (even more so than Alex) and his actions had far reaching affects long after he was kicked out. Oiky little fucker.

This post has been edited by Wife Of Rolex: Sep 7 2008, 01:39 PM

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Sep 7 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #141

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Well the BB that was "meh" ended all a bit "meh". In hindsight I think Lisa was probably my favourite.

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Sep 7 2008, 02:38 PM)
Despite the end result, this has actually been my favourite series.

Really? I thought it was one of, if not the, dullest

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Sep 7 2008, 02:38 PM)
Though, as far as I'm concerned the real final was 5 weeks ago when Luke was evicted. He was the real winner for me. I know he's not popular in certain quarters, in fact there's an alarming disproportionate amount of hate leveled at him - come on, he only had a bit of a gossip at worse, but I thought he was brilliant and should've easily been in the final. He and Rebecca were my highlights of the series.

And this may well be one reason why you enjoyed and I didn't. Despite really liking Luke in the first week I soon came to the conclusion that he was a complete prick. I'd already decided I didn't like Rebecca, so the combination of the two was unbearable. Yes, that one little romantic tete-a-tete was nice, but I'm happy never to see either again. And we probably won't once they have exploited the hell out of their relationship in magazines and on TV. The new stylist Luke is half as interesting as the old one - his bad clothes nearly made him endearing.

Anyways, in a few months we'll forget who these people are.

Christ, wasn't Dale a bitter little tosser on Big Mouth.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Sep 7 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #142

Addict

QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 7 2008, 04:15 PM)
Really?  I thought it was one of, if not the, dullest

Out of interest, did you mainly just watch the highlights show or did you tune into the live feed regularly?

I often watched the highlights thinking, 'But they didn't show that bit...' or 'That was so funny, why wasn't it in the highlights.' There were many edits that threw things slightly off from what they were. Luke and Rebecca's relationship being an example. BB storyliners purposely didn't show them kissing until she was up for eviction to make it look like they were just doing it to keep her in the house. It really didn't do Rebecca any favours with certain viewers.

In fairness different people have different favourites and people they don't like. I know a lot of people can't stick Luke at all and fair enough, but he's actually my all time favourite housemate. I'm not alone in that either. He's marmite. You either love him or hate him. I love him.

Ok, if you watch this clip from live feed, after Rebecca kissed Mo, and you still think Luke is a prick then I'll never be able to sway you.

He's actually an emotional little pup

A prick would've gone off in a rage in that situation. Instead Luke quietly comforted Rebecca.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Sep 7 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #143

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Sep 7 2008, 06:57 PM)
Out of interest, did you mainly just watch the highlights show or did you tune into the live feed regularly?

As with all series the highlights and some of the live broadcast only.

Ok, if you watch this clip from live feed, after Rebecca kissed Mo, and you still think Luke is a prick then I'll never be able to sway you.

He's actually an emotional little pup

I'm sorry, but 9 minutes of my life is too much to spend in an attempt to sway my opinion on someone I don't like. biggrin.gif .
Anyway, whether he shows emotions or not doesn't matter. He was (to me) a two faced twat who played the game more than the people he accused of playing the game.

A prick would've gone off in a rage in that situation. Instead Luke quietly comforted Rebecca.

If that prick had any real experience of being in any sort of relationship. And I'm sure he was more partial to bad mouthing people behind their backs and making snide remarks rather than confronting them.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Sep 7 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #144

Addict

Ah see, scared you'll have your opinion changed eh? tongue.gif

Only kidding.

Well I tried.

+Quote Post
bigfatrich
post Sep 8 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #145

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 5,022

Was there an old-ish guy in this year's BB? Something to do with the music industry?

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Sep 8 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #146

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

QUOTE (bigfatrich @ Sep 8 2008, 03:08 PM)
Was there an old-ish guy in this year's BB? Something to do with the music industry?

I think that was last year.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Sep 8 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #147

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 8 2008, 03:28 PM)

Jonathan
I keep imagining him wearing a Wizard's hat reading the news [/Brooker]

This post has been edited by PrincessKate: Sep 8 2008, 02:29 PM

+Quote Post
bigfatrich
post Sep 8 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #148

Daddy Cool

Member No.: 5,022

QUOTE (Sostie @ Sep 8 2008, 02:28 PM)

Right! I thought he went in with Belinda.

+Quote Post
PrincessKate
post Oct 24 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #149

Smut by the Sea

Member No.: 2,387

Most ridiculous non-celeb non-story of the year...

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Oct 27 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #150

Addict

QUOTE (PrincessKate @ Oct 24 2008, 11:48 PM) *

That's nothing. The other week, Luke and Bex went to Cadbury World...out their own pocket. No asking for trumped up travel expenses from them. Hell, they're in Florida right now because they went on a whim. That's proper BB showbiz. laugh.gif

Actually, if you want to see what a difference Big Brother can make to your life, just look at the difference in Luke.

Before...

After...

He drinks occasionally now and goes clubbing. Though, he still doesn't smoke or swuuur.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 04:45 AM