Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Big Brother 9, More lambs to the slaughter
Wife Of Rolex
post Jul 12 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #61

Addict

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 3,423

I'm sickingly engrossed by the whole Luke & Rebecca thing on Big Brother right now. I happen to be watching the live feed on Thursday night when they had their kiss and, while I've rolled my eyes at previous kissing housemates over the years, I just thought it was sweetest thing ever. They were resisting so much but in the end couldn't help themselves. It was one of those things where it was building up for ages and you could see it was going to happen but they didn't know it would happen so it totally surprised them. It was such a genuine moment and so sweet I don't mind admitting I gave them a little 'Eeeeyyy!'.

I really am a sad old cow who really should have better things to do, but I just can't help it. I love shit like this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jul 13 2008, 09:59 AM
Post #62

your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag
Group Icon

Group: Senior Moderators
Member No.: 2,309

It was well funny.

Rebecca was shitfaced, and I'm sure wouldn't have pulled him under any other circumstances.

What was so funny, is she knew he fancied her and she could have him any time she wanted, despite his protests. Which is why he got off with her when she was completely mullered, and probably stinking like an ash tray.

I saw little romance, more drunkeness with a whiff of desperation.

If they're wise they'll never mention it again. There's no way they'll end up together, and it would be a shame to ruin such a genuine friendship.

Never drunkenly snog your mates, especially not on national TV; but if you do, pretend it never happened afterwards.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Jul 13 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #63

Addict

Watching the live feed from 3 hours before it happened and how they were with each other afterwards it was definitely genuine. She was actually much more sobered up by the time they kissed so not that drunk at all. The other week Darnell offered himself to her on a plate and she didn't take it when she was much more tipsy.

Luke and Rebecca have a Beacher/Keller dynamic about them. For those who've never seen it, Beacher and Keller are characters in the brilliant US prison drama Oz. Keller is hired to screw up Beacher's life by seducing him and have him lose his wife and kids. However, in the process of doing this Keller, against his nature, genuinely falls for Beacher and while Beacher isn't gay he actually ends up falling in love with Keller despite what he did to him. It's a very similar thing with Luke and Rebecca...except without the murder and bumming.

Luke [/Beacher] would never normally go for a girl like Rebecca [/Keller] because she swears like a trooper, gets drunk, smokes and gets her boobs out. Rebecca wouldn't usually go for a guy like Luke because he's a bit too clean cut and, while I wouldn't actually say he was weedy, he's not a big strong fella. But there's something that clicks with their personalities that draws them together. When the kiss happened neither were honestly expecting it to actually happen despite all the teasing they plagued each other with. They're currently in a small state of denial and confusion but eventually everything will become clear for them. They'll realise that they really do actually love each other.

At least, that's what I see*. biggrin.gif

People are cynical about it because it's happened in the Big Brother house, but that really was a genuine moment between two people.

* Read as 'hope'.

+Quote Post
logger
post Jul 13 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #64

Guests

QUOTE (Wife Of Rolex @ Jul 13 2008, 05:31 PM)
For those who've never seen it, Beacher and Keller are characters in the brilliant US prison drama Oz. Keller is hired to screw up Beacher's life by seducing him and have him lose his wife and kids. However, in the process of doing this Keller, against his nature, genuinely falls for Beacher and while Beacher isn't gay he actually ends up falling in love with Keller despite what he did to him. It's a very similar thing with Luke and Rebecca...except without the murder and bumming.

That's weird, I was just thinking about Beacher and Keller yesterday, and I haven't seen Oz since around the time The Sopranos started.

As for Big Brother I haven't watched it since Craig rohypnoled Anthony in BB6. That was funny.

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Jul 13 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #65

Addict

QUOTE (logger @ Jul 13 2008, 06:01 PM)
That's weird, I was just thinking about Beacher and Keller yesterday, and I haven't seen Oz since around the time The Sopranos started.

They're all out on DVD now. Haven't been able to get round to getting them yet though. Must get onto that.

It was the teasing thing that made me think of Beacher and Keller. Rebecca constantly nudging Luke with her verbals was like Keller trying to chat Beacher up and all the resistance until Luke finally broke. Only, like Keller, falling in love wasn't part of the plan for Rebecca and now it's back to the resistance in a bid to shake it off. It'll bite them in the end though. happy.gif

QUOTE (logger @ Jul 13 2008, 06:01 PM)
As for Big Brother I haven't watched it since Craig rohypnoled Anthony in BB6. That was funny.

Oooh that was bad. Craig's problem there was that it was both Anthony and he didn't have the benefit of looking anything like Chris Meloni, who would be any man's 'man crush'. He could've got Anthony without need for rohypnol.

This post has been edited by Wife Of Rolex: Jul 13 2008, 05:28 PM

+Quote Post
dolfyn
post Jul 14 2008, 02:04 AM
Post #66

Blood's thicker than water, but blood leaves a stain.

Member No.: 4,984

The Aussie Big Brother has just been axed!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm so happy! biggrin.gif

Feel the love (but not for reality TV).
dolfyn.
happy.gif

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jul 14 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #67

Group Icon

I'm not cynical because they're in the Big Brother house, I'm cynical from experience. We've all got a bit carried away after a few drinks, particularly if you have a natural connection to someone, as Luke and Rebecca clearly do, but that's not love.

And the fact that drunken (or tipsy) snogs are pretty much meaningless. I have no doubt he fancies her (a non smoker and non drinker snogging girl who'd been drinking and smoking all night is evidence enough of that), but there's no way she'd touch him with a shitty stick in the real world (despite being obviously very fond of him).

I liked his stealth tactics last night, putting all someone's bedding on the floor knowing they're too lazy to pick it up and will just get in bed with you instead - nice. His constant denials of affection are classic.

Luke can learn a lot from Rebecca and I do hope their friendship survives; but romance would be a big mistake. Luke is even more nave than he lets on, I reckon.

She wouldn't have pulled Darnell because she doesn't like him, as a friend or otherwise. Even slappers don't pull people they dislike, no matter how drunk they are... unless it was really dark and I thought they were someone else.

+Quote Post
Drifter
post Jul 14 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 5,387

QUOTE (dolfyn @ Jul 14 2008, 03:04 AM)
The Aussie Big Brother has just been axed!!! Woo hoo!!! I'm so happy!  biggrin.gif

Feel the love (but not for reality TV).
dolfyn.
happy.gif

Hadnt Pamela Anderson just gone in there too?

+Quote Post
Wife Of Rolex
post Jul 14 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #69

Addict

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 14 2008, 09:33 AM)
I'm not cynical because they're in the Big Brother house, I'm cynical from experience. We've all got a bit carried away after a few drinks, particularly if you have a natural connection to someone, as Luke and Rebecca clearly do, but that's not love.

And the fact that drunken (or tipsy) snogs are pretty much meaningless. I have no doubt he fancies her (a non smoker and non drinker snogging girl who'd been drinking and smoking all night is evidence enough of that), but there's no way she'd touch him with a shitty stick in the real world (despite being obviously very fond of him).

I liked his stealth tactics last night, putting all someone's bedding on the floor knowing they're too lazy to pick it up and will just get in bed with you instead - nice. His constant denials of affection are classic.

Luke can learn a lot from Rebecca and I do hope their friendship survives; but romance would be a big mistake. Luke is even more nave than he lets on, I reckon.

She wouldn't have pulled Darnell because she doesn't like him, as a friend or otherwise. Even slappers don't pull people they dislike, no matter how drunk they are... unless it was really dark and I thought they were someone else.

Yeah, but I'm a big bungling old romantic sop. If I see two people who could be so good for each other get closer I slightly lose the plot and will the elements to get them together. Richard Hawley's song Serious has been going around my head every time I see the pair of them.

#When you are in love
Oh you feel the stars above
There's no devil in her eyes
There's no darkness in disguise

But when you are alone
A kiss can turn your heart to stone
Hearts breaking in the night
There's a devil in her eyes

Oh it's serious
So serious
A kiss that caught the wind and made you delirious
Oh it's serious
So serious
Take her in your arms, don't be afraid
Never be afraid#

Oh gawd, I really must get myself some sort of life. wacko.gif

Although they have their flaws - and there's a few of them - I can't help but like Luke and Rebecca. I don't agree with everything they say or do but they do make me laugh, they're naturally funny people. The house would be so much duller without them and sadly it looks like one or both of them will go this week, probably Luke, which will just see the last half of the series take a nosedive. Poor sod's got a viral infection and looks like death warmed up for his birthday. For either Luke or Rebecca to go before Maysoon is laughable.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jul 14 2008, 02:26 PM
Post #70

Group Icon

Oh I like them both too, particularly Rebecca; but I find the idea of them as a couple faintly ridiculous and the song isn't helping!

Sorry!

If they get married, I'll buy you a hat to wear to the wedding.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Jul 14 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #71

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

I have changed my opinion on a few people since the first week. Mario turned into a dick. Luke has turned into a 2-faced dick. And Rebecca, well, I never liked her anyway. I'm actually struggling find anyone to side with.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jul 14 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #72

Group Icon

But Luke's hair is so much better than it used to be, and that's really all that matters.

Rebecca reminds me of my school friends; both in how much she gets her boobs out, and her overuse of the word 'beast'.

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jul 14 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #73

dim view of human nature

Member No.: 3,798

QUOTE (Sostie @ Jul 14 2008, 02:35 PM)
Luke has turned into a 2-faced dick.

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 14 2008, 02:38 PM)
But Luke's hair is so much better than it used to be, and that's really all that matters.

I like how Zoe is even defending my namesakes. Not that I know who these people are, or much care.

But yeah, thanks Zoe.

+Quote Post
Sostie
post Jul 14 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #74

"Mus" gauche, "TANG"

Member No.: 2,740

QUOTE (Zoe @ Jul 14 2008, 03:38 PM)
Rebecca reminds me of my school friends; both in how much she gets her boobs out,

Boob exposure only really interests me if

a) they attached to someone who I can stand the sight of

or

b) if I am between them.

+Quote Post
Zoe
post Jul 14 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #75

Group Icon

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Jul 14 2008, 03:40 PM)
I like how Zoe is even defending my namesakes. Not that I know who these people are, or much care.

But yeah, thanks Zoe.

His hair is nothing compared to yours.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:37 PM