> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
Silky
post Apr 15 2012, 12:03 AM
Post #8461

Coin Operated Boy

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,112

QUOTE (zeden @ Apr 15 2012, 12:55 AM) *
I don't seem to be able to find any videos that have any combat in them, could you point me in the right direction?

Not a great vid but there is some here!.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zeden
post Apr 15 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #8462

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Seems interesting, though it is early days going by the way that build looks. It'll have to come to consoles too if I'm going to play it. Much as I have a vague notion of saving for a gaming pc over the next year or so it's not likely to happen unless I can get a pay rise.

This post has been edited by zeden: Apr 15 2012, 12:14 AM

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Apr 15 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #8463

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (sweetbutinsane @ Apr 14 2012, 08:18 PM) *
I've only ever read that a friend from another town needs to visit and buy an item from Nookway. I've just created a new person to try anyway.

Didn't work. Gah!

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Apr 15 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #8464

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

That's a shame. Sorry =[

Has anyone played Fez? It's tempting me.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 15 2012, 09:17 PM
Post #8465

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

It looks fantastic. XBLA exclusives and the Indie market place are the only things I'm jealous of on the 360. There's 3/4 fantastic games I'd love to play but never will. PSN has some amazing exclusive downloadable games but I would still like some of the 360 ones (like Shadow Complex)

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Apr 15 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #8466

I bought Fez. It's bloody brilliant.

It takes a bit of getting used to, and it's not an easy game right from the start.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 16 2012, 08:24 AM
Post #8467

Serenity.

Will it come to PC do you think?

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Apr 16 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #8468

I heard that it's coming to Steam eventually.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 16 2012, 01:05 PM
Post #8469

Serenity.

Ah well that's fine then. Seems there are a few bugs at the moment, are you seeing any? (there's one that corrupts your save!).

On another note: I borrowed, played and finished Neverdead the other week; it was very B-movie and the shooting was mostly pants but the sword was pretty cool and ripping off your limbs to solve puzzles/in combat was fun too. I like the level of destruction too.
I would've been happy paying around a tenner for it.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Apr 16 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #8470

Not as yet. I've not got very far, I'm stuck and have no idea what to do. There aren't any guides for it yet, either.

If anyone has it, I've gone through the door that needs four cubes (the two cubes and two anti-cubes you get in the Village and the spirally climb bit). Now I'm at a level with a black hole in one of the rooms. I found several cube bits, but I've been everywhere and can't find the rest. The level is like a cave, and one room has a large caterpillar in it

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Apr 18 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #8471

Serenity.

I finished Dead Rising 2 on Monday. It's funny how much I came to like that game after initially being annoyed by it (and to a greater extent DR1). I got the S ending and want to play through it again ignoring the story/Katie and just rescuing people and killing Psychos. But I bought Twisted metal last night

It's amazing.
 There's definetely an old school feel to the whole game (menus, live action cut scenes!, controls etc) but Christ, dat gameplay. Fast, hectic explosive mayhem. But! It's not fast like most shooters in that I'll die within 30-60 seconds (unless I'm sniping) and then respawn; it's fast in terms of how quick you beast it around and how much action is going on at once. Unless you're really unlucky you won't be dying every few minutes as you can race for health pickups or race into the back of a semi-truck for health whilst people are chasing you trying to kill you.
It's much more exciting than most shooters I've played as there are huge on the fly chase sequences as you try and smash through several buildings trying to kill someone; or as you frantically drop mines and try and make some tight turns trying to shake pursuers off.  

The level of destruction is impressive too. So much can be destroyed and there's so many hidden little areas it's fantastic. Breaking the main doors of the cinema, smashing into one of the screen rooms and power sliding  to tear up all the seats...Or getting to the roof of the cinema and shooting the giant film reel down do it falls and rolls away potentially damaging other cars. 

I wish I could express how fun it is having a game like this again. Live action cutscenes are great.

It's weird too, it was sold out in Game and HMV. Had to get it from Blockbuster.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Apr 18 2012, 11:40 PM
Post #8472

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

I was funny looking back at me talking about Dead Rising and you saying you weren't into it only to see you give most of the same reasons for liking 2 that I gave for liking 1. As said, it's a different pace and a different kind of challenge to most games and I like it for that, not that 2 grabbed me in any way shape or form, near carbon copy of 1 that it was.

Is there a demo for Twisted Metal? I wouldn't mind giving it a look since it's been so long since I played a car combat game.

I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2 for the first time and damn is it geeky, as is to be expected from a Dungeons and Dragons game. What's worrying me is that I am getting to a point where actually role playing it feels slightly appealing. If anyone has any mercy take me out into a field and shoot me before I buy a cape and plastic sword.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Apr 18 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #8473

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

Don't worry, that won't happen.

Most LARP weapons are vinyl-coated foamcore over a carbon fibre rod rather than plastic.

+Quote Post
Silky
post Apr 19 2012, 06:50 AM
Post #8474

Coin Operated Boy

Member No.: 4,112

^ biggrin.gif
I enjoyed that game. Don't think I ever finished it though.

+Quote Post
Llama
post Apr 19 2012, 08:06 AM
Post #8475

Learning to walk again

Member No.: 4,956

TRIALS EVOLUTION.

That is all.

+Quote Post