> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
monkeyman
post Oct 9 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #1021

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 8 2008, 05:00 PM) *
I've just been looking over some videos and previews of Left 4 Dead which will be released on 360 and PC worldwide on the 21st November. It looks pretty ace although I'm sure I read somewhere a while ago that you'd be able to play as a zombie as well as a survivor but that aspect seems to have gone completely and it'll just be a co-op survivor game. It still looks damned good and the release date will tie in nicely with a load of zombie books and comics that I've just bought and should have read by then meaning my taste for zombie slaying should have peaked.

I'm fairly certain that you can still play as 4 of the "Boss" zombies if you want. it seems odd that they'd remove that aspect of it, can you remember where your ead it had been taken out?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Oct 9 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #1022

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

New Halo 3 game... http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10/09/halo_3_recon/

You play as an OSDT rather than a Spartan, and it's set prior to Halo 3. That's about all of the information so far.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 9 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #1023

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 9 2008, 02:57 PM) *
I'm fairly certain that you can still play as 4 of the "Boss" zombies if you want. it seems odd that they'd remove that aspect of it, can you remember where your ead it had been taken out?

I haven't read anything that says its been taken out, but none of the recent demos or previews have mentioned anything about it, including discussions about the multiplayer. I can't even found where I'd read that it was included in the first place although I'm sure it exists as I remember being excited about hiding somewhere and then jumping out on someone as they walk past. However, looking at the demos it seems to be a lot more fast paced than I was expecting, taking 28 Days Later and Dawn remake fast zombies instead of the slow movers.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 9 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #1024

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (Kick in the Head @ Oct 9 2008, 12:02 PM) *
Yay! No More Heroes 2 announced at Tokyo Game Show!

As much as I love the way the first one ended, I'm not going to pass up a sequel. Not sure what format it'll be released on - Wii would make sense based on how it worked in the original game. But the subtitle Desperate Struggle has led others to think it might be for the DS...which is certainly a possibility...But either way, coupled with Sin & Punishment 2, I'm sequel-happy!

Didn't see that one coming, especially given all the jokes about the low likelihood of a sequel in the game. I can imagine it working well for the DS, the controls are certainly simple enough and the touch screen is ideal for the finishers.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 9 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #1025

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

Megaman legends was awesome, I need to find it and buy it.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Oct 9 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #1026

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (Jimmay @ Oct 9 2008, 02:55 PM) *
I haven't read anything that says its been taken out, but none of the recent demos or previews have mentioned anything about it, including discussions about the multiplayer. I can't even found where I'd read that it was included in the first place although I'm sure it exists as I remember being excited about hiding somewhere and then jumping out on someone as they walk past. However, looking at the demos it seems to be a lot more fast paced than I was expecting, taking 28 Days Later and Dawn remake fast zombies instead of the slow movers.

I'm glad the boss zombies have been removed, it just screamed gimmickery to me. Fuck becoming the undead, I just wanna shoot them in the fucking face.

The running zombies aspect is actually a dissapointment for me, bring back the shambling cadavers I say!!!

Brothers In Arms isn't actually all that good after the first few levels. It gets very boring and repetetive. Fuck off you Nazis. Let me shoot new people.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 9 2008, 06:35 PM
Post #1027

Addict

Little Big Planet just got better

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Oct 9 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #1028

Life's a grave, dig it.

QUOTE (Atara @ Oct 9 2008, 06:35 PM) *
Little Big Planet just got better

Omg, say these are avaliable in some sort of plush form? Please?

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 9 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #1029

Addict

I am hoping the same, I want a whole collection of them, sack boy awesome plushness

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Oct 9 2008, 06:59 PM
Post #1030

Life's a grave, dig it.

Dibs on the Sephiroth. He looks like a weird mix of Sephiroth, The Scarecrow and Jack Skellington...

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 9 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #1031

Addict

he just looks like a sackboy Sephiroth to me.

I would marry Sephiroth were he real

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Oct 9 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #1032

Life's a grave, dig it.

QUOTE (Atara @ Oct 9 2008, 07:06 PM) *
he just looks like a sackboy Sephiroth to me.

I would marry Sephiroth were he real

I am... happy.gif

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 9 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #1033

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Am what? Marrying Sephiroth?

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 9 2008, 08:39 PM
Post #1034

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Oct 9 2008, 07:28 PM) *
I'm glad the boss zombies have been removed, it just screamed gimmickery to me. Fuck becoming the undead, I just wanna shoot them in the fucking face.

The running zombies aspect is actually a dissapointment for me, bring back the shambling cadavers I say!!!

Brothers In Arms isn't actually all that good after the first few levels. It gets very boring and repetetive. Fuck off you Nazis. Let me shoot new people.

The boss zombies are still in it but I don't think you can play as them anymore. You have the boomer that vomits in your face affecting your vision and attracting undead to you, witches who move really fast and have big claws, smokers who give off a black smoke and have a long tongue which can grab you and tanks which are slow moving but take a shit load of damage.

Thats a shame about Brothers in Arms as I read a review of it and it sounded alright. I liked the very first one but that was years ago now.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 9 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #1035

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

I know I take every opportunity to slate the PS3 and as such my comments are just going to sound fanboyish, but I genuinely can't see what's so good about LittleBigPlanet.

I'd buy a PS3 if there were enough exclusive titles on it I wanted. I would. I'd sit through its faults and my dislike of it, and I'd shell out. I came very close when MGS4 came out, but opted against it in favour of a 360 because 1 game isn't enough to justify buying a console (Obviously there's more than 1 PS3 game I'd want, but all the others are on 360 too and I prefer the 360 so I chose that). If there were more "must-have" games on PS3, I'd get one.

LBP is not one of them. Now, I can see the appeal is the extreme customisation and so on, but really? Have any of you seen those videos of levels based on other games like Sonic and Mario, and all the comments from PS3 owners saying how creative it is and how this will save the PS3? If you haven't, I'll save you the trouble, because they're all rubbish. The ability to make a rip-off of a 20-odd year old game out of cardboard boxes, and then watch as it doesn't really work in the psudo-3D world of the game, is pretty far from mind-blowing.

I really, really hope that there are enough people out there for you, who are willing to spend huge amounts of time making some great levels (ie non-penis) for you to play on when you get this, otherwise I'm afraid you'll just feel a bit conned about buying an average platform game, only one without any levels. But when people say this one game is going to save the console? Really, who do they think they're kidding.

In other news, did anyone watch the leaked Fallout 3 footage? It was just the intro cutscene and character creation, but they have a pretty unique way of doing it. The game starts with you being born (with you in 1st-person view), where the doctor says "My! What a beautiful baby..." then the screen freezes and you choose your gender "...boy!". Next he scans you "to see what you'll look like as an adult", and you choose your face, which is the weakest idea in the creation. Then, the best part. It cuts to you as a toddler, and the tutorial of walking etc is done as your father teaching you how to walk and so on. Then, you find a baby book on the floor which has things like "S is for Strength" in it, and that's your basic stats chooser. Quite a cool idea, I thought.

As for the actual game? We'll have to wait until the end of the month to find out, I guess, but I'm started to think it'll be more then Oblivion with guns.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:14 PM