Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
UnderSpaced
post Oct 26 2008, 03:49 AM
Post #1261

I'll just wait here then...

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 4,538

Well, he is going the evil route and he doesn't have the patience to make money. I on the other hand, will play the game after he finishes his file and play the right way going the good route.

Oh, and has anyone seen the strategy guide for Fallout 3? That thing was MASSIVE.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frostitute
post Oct 26 2008, 08:30 AM
Post #1262

faith left me staring at the ceiling

Member No.: 2,846

There's also a really bad EXP exploit too. Fable 2 is really uggo and just not a polished game. But it's playable. Unless your game breaks and oops you gotta start over lol

+Quote Post
Jubei
post Oct 26 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #1263

Meow

Member No.: 2,416

Definately not paying 400 points for Vader. If it was say 50 points, I'd buy him, but that is FAR too much.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 26 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #1264

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Oct 26 2008, 02:46 AM) *
Yeah they should get that patched quick. Although if you exploit it, I guess you're only cheating yourself?

You can't really not exploit it, unless you play constantly until completion. You're going to have some downtime, and that's going to give you money.

It's weird, all the reviews I've read have listed large and numerous problems with the game, then they give it a great score. I think there's an element of "You're only going to like it if you want to like it" to the game, one review even said as much.

I was never planning on getting it because it's turned out exactly like I thought it would (I'm too used to Lionhead vastly exaggerating about their games). It just surprises me that for some reason it's forgiven of all sins and loved, when any other game would have been panned for "unclear storytelling to rubbish mini-games to glitchy graphics to sluggish menus". The review in OXM spends most of the time saying how rubbish everything looks/plays and how useless some of the extras are, then gives it 8/10.

I guess it's just one of those games I'll never understand the appeal of.

On the other side of the coin, I seem to have gone from not really caring about Fallout 3, to being mildly interested, to now wanting it on release day.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 26 2008, 06:30 PM
Post #1265

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

Yesterday I played Dead Space for 6 hours, Farcry 2 for 5 and Fable 2 for about 7.

Dead Space = Resident Evil 4 with actual atmosphere and tension. Messed up monster designs, loads of gore and well told plot (so far at least). Played on hard straight away and the worry of limited ammo against nightmarishly strong enemies is intense but rewarding.

Farcry 2 = Open world FPS which was effective in actually making me care about the fights I picked thanks to some tactical considerations other FPSs don't have. Huge map filled with hundreds of locations to uncover and fights to start. Stunning graphics, on par with mid/high settings Crysis. AI is excellent for the most part, with enemies mixing tactics and slyly outflanking me at every turn. Good driving, helped along by occasional high spedd chases of my own making, interesting plot (though I barely scratched the surface) and some nice touches, like weapon conditioning and jamming. I was more impressed with this than I expected to be by some way and after Fallout 3 I'll probsably be straight on it.

Fable 2 = To me it feels like Fable 1.5. Combat suffers from simplicity issues but is strangely satisfying ina no brainer kind of way. Plot is threadbare so far, though it seems more expansive than the first game. Character interaction is overly simple, with a tedius "stop the marker on the right part of the fast moving bar" type minigame. Jobs revolve around a similar system. Graphically, it's another beautiful game. My one major disappointment, not having held much hope at all for the game, is the voice acting which is dull, disjointed and simply not funny despite what all the reviews seem to think. Maybe Americans just find British accents funny and that explains it?
I'm enjoying it for what it is, an RPG-lite no brainer playground, little more, little less.

Edit-
One more thing on Fable 2. The dog works very well, searching out stuff I might have missed, to the point that I'm impressed with it.

This post has been edited by zeden: Oct 26 2008, 06:40 PM

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 26 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #1266

Addict

Member No.: 4,814

I pretty much agree with Fabe 2. I have to admit that making women love me and their husbands angry, luring them to my home and killing them is amusing me.

+Quote Post
sweetbutinsane
post Oct 26 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #1267

Be careful what you fish for

Member No.: 3,331

QUOTE (Atara @ Oct 26 2008, 06:56 PM) *
I pretty much agree with Fabe 2. I have to admit that making women love me and their husbands angry, luring them to my home and killing them is amusing me.

Sounds fun. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 26 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #1268

Addict

They don't put up much of a fight and you get nothing for it though.

next I am going to try and spread some STDs around... if it even happens

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 26 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #1269

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (Atara @ Oct 26 2008, 06:56 PM) *
I have to admit that making women love me and their husbands angry, luring them to my home and killing them is amusing me.

It's not as fun as you might think in real life; there's a lot of cleaning to do after.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Oct 26 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #1270

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

I'm enjoying Fable II.

Already have 2 women wanting to marry me, and not enough to buy rings.

Good game though, liking the dog.

+Quote Post
UnderSpaced
post Oct 26 2008, 09:17 PM
Post #1271

I'll just wait here then...

Member No.: 4,538

QUOTE (Everlong @ Oct 26 2008, 05:07 PM) *
I'm enjoying Fable II.

Already have 2 women wanting to marry me, and not enough to buy rings.

Good game though, liking the dog.

I found that the blacksmith job gives good gold if you need gold fast.

+Quote Post
Atara
post Oct 26 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #1272

Addict

I married a lass, she turned down my cheap ring so I got a shiny one, bought a cheap house though.

I had sex with her then killed her. Then I lured a kind man wanting to me by guide to the house and killed him too.

Sold the house and went on my merry way.

+Quote Post
Everlong
post Oct 26 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #1273

Batman.

Member No.: 5,397

QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Oct 26 2008, 09:17 PM) *

Yeah been doing that and bar work, he's a 3-star barman now heh.

QUOTE (Atara @ Oct 26 2008, 09:19 PM) *
I married a lass, she turned down my cheap ring so I got a shiny one, bought a cheap house though.

I had sex with her then killed her. Then I lured a kind man wanting to me by guide to the house and killed him too.

Sold the house and went on my merry way.

I've not killed any innocents yet. Just getting through quests. Might kill a random though.

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 26 2008, 11:53 PM
Post #1274

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

QUOTE (UnderSpaced @ Oct 26 2008, 09:17 PM) *

Agreed. The combination of listening to a radio show and me being a little stoned made powering through all 5 levels of that tedius mini game a doddle. Bought myself five stalls and a house for my wife off the back of that power levelling.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Oct 27 2008, 02:59 AM
Post #1275

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

I've been plowing through Dead Space all day. I'm up to chapter 7 now and I'm enjoying it immensely. I agree with Zeden about the atmosphere, it seeps the stuff out of every gooey orifice, of which there are a lot.

There was one incredibly tense section where I'd run out of med packs and only had one full clip for my Plasma Cutter avaliable. That was one mad dash back to the shop I can tell you. An invincible Necromorph and being stuck in a zero gravity airlock type thing only added to the tension too. Plodding along watching my oxygen run out whilst trying to dodge things (Literally "Things") attempting to rip my throat out for some bizzare recreational activity is certainly a recomendation for you all.

Been blasting my way through Far Cry 2 for the rest if the night. I'm not sure about agreeing with Zeden about the questionable missions. I just think it's fun to shoot people in a semi-realistic setting smile.gif.

EDIT: Is Fable 2 worth a purchase? A few friends have said it's shit but you all seem to enjoy it. Bare in mind that a few of my friends have never played a Final Fantasy game...

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Oct 27 2008, 03:01 AM

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 83 84 85 86 87 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 10:16 AM