Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
monkeyman
post Oct 29 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #1321

Serenity.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 5,170

Yeah I thought so too. Resi 3 was borked and it wouldn't let me open Popsloader at all. Just reinstalled the latest and got it all working again.

Anyway fuck that, tell me what Fallout 3 is like some more, post some screenshots!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 29 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #1322

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

If anyone ever fancies playing through Golden Axe, Streets of Rage 2 or Sonic the Hedgehog 2 over Live, let me know.

Nobody seems to be on them.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 30 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #1323

Serenity.

I may take you up on that. Streets of Rage 2 is one of my all time top ten games.
I paid for one month Live subscription assuming it would run out and inform me so, meaning the onus of re-subscribing would be on me, but it seems that it automatically gives another months subscription and charges without warning which is rather annoying. Might pick up SoR2 if it's cheap.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 30 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #1324

400GP I believe.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 30 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #1325

Serenity.

What the hell....I was just trying to work out how to cancel a Live subscription...do i fucking have to call someone to cancel it? That is fucking ridiculous.

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Oct 30 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #1326

Once you pay, they assume you want it forever. Which is a bit of an odd move, and makes buying a months worth pointless.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Oct 30 2008, 01:04 AM
Post #1327

Invader.

Member No.: 2,823

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 29 2008, 11:39 PM) *
Anyway fuck that, tell me what Fallout 3 is like some more, post some screenshots!

It's good. I just encountered the Brotherhood of Steel for the first time and was mightily disappointed to find that while, yes, you can strip the power armour off a dead Paladin. No, you can't use it straight off the bat, you need power armour training first. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Oct 30 2008, 01:10 AM
Post #1328

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 29 2008, 08:22 PM) *
Nonus works for Rare, though I think he does stuff on the multiplayer side of things? I may be completely wrong.

Correct. Why?

Edit: Oh, never mind, I had frosty on ignore since I came to the conclusion his opinions were pretty worthless a long time ago. I think we should probably take the fact that he doesn't like our demo as a compliment if anything. So far the feedback I've seen around the net has been exactly the same as all the other comments about Banjo, about 50% of people thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread and the other 50% slashing their wrists because it's not a rehash of the old games. We appear to have come up with the gaming equivalent of marmite.

This post has been edited by Nonus Aequilibrium: Oct 30 2008, 01:15 AM

+Quote Post
zeden
post Oct 30 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #1329

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

It's so disappointing to find that quotes from ignored people still come up in posts, though it did make me laugh to see that apparently Oblivion did everything wrong and that Fallout 3, a game from the same company but from a whole other franchise, based on different gameplay ideas, has turned something fundamentally wrong into solid gold. Great comparative reasoning there, top grade analytical skills at their best...

SPOILERS FOR ALL FALLOUT 3 STUFF PLEASE! At least until tomorrow anyway, then I'll be too busy playing it to see anything. I'll be forced to hunt you down and end you if you spoil anything for me after actively avoiding so much of the press for so long.

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 30 2008, 12:07 AM) *
I paid for one month Live subscription assuming it would run out and inform me so, meaning the onus of re-subscribing would be on me, but it seems that it automatically gives another months subscription and charges without warning which is rather annoying. Might pick up SoR2 if it's cheap.

I can't remember where it is, but there's a setting that stops the auto renewal thing in the Account Management screen. Sucks about having another month foisted upon you anyhoo.

My interest in Fable has waned already. Got to a point where the world was supposed to change dramatically but really doesn't seem to have, though that's not what's really putting me off. I'm finding the stupid "stop the marker on the right bit of the bar" element that seems to cover almost anything you do that isn't combat related very tiresome now. It requires zero skill and just eats time.
As I'm picking Fallout up on my way home at 7am tomorrow I really can't see myself even being bothered to pick Fable back up and finish it. Guess I'll pass it on to my brother for him to play then hate, as he innevitably will given his extremely critical nature.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 30 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #1330

Serenity.

Yeah having watched Hayleigh play it I have zero interest in picking it up. The mini games for smithing or....dancing look annoyingly repetetive and too easy. I also really do hate the interaction system. A woman hates you but do a goofy dance and she goes all moist in the pants for you, but is so scared of you (as you are evil) she will run away....dumb.

I shall be picking up Fallout 3 tomorrow also, really looking forward to it.

As for live, I tried looking through the account management section last night to cancel it and I really do find it fucking retarded you have to call a support line to cancel a subscription. If you happen to figure out where you can stop it auto renewing the subscription i would be most a ppreciative, i couldn't find it last night. I resent paying for something i really won't use.
QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Oct 30 2008, 01:10 AM) *
Correct. Why?

Edit: Oh, never mind, I had frosty on ignore since I came to the conclusion his opinions were pretty worthless a long time ago. I think we should probably take the fact that he doesn't like our demo as a compliment if anything. So far the feedback I've seen around the net has been exactly the same as all the other comments about Banjo, about 50% of people thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread and the other 50% slashing their wrists because it's not a rehash of the old games. We appear to have come up with the gaming equivalent of marmite.

Heh. I might download it and have a look; never played the original so wouldn't have that bias.

Really enjoying Resident Evil 3 at the moment, it's been a long time since I've played it. Normal mode is too easy but i will say I think it's a better game than Resident Evil 2 (If you aren't playing on the easier setting, it gives you to many weapons and too much ammo too early on, also infinite ink ribbons).

+Quote Post
maian
post Oct 30 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #1331

Bully for you

Member No.: 3,498

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say what I thought of Banjo: Nuts and Bolts.

Ah, fuck it.

I liked it.

+Quote Post
Jimmay
post Oct 30 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #1332

William Shatner Shat on my Platter

Member No.: 6,090

QUOTE (zeden @ Oct 30 2008, 08:13 AM) *
My interest in Fable has waned already. Got to a point where the world was supposed to change dramatically but really doesn't seem to have, though that's not what's really putting me off. I'm finding the stupid "stop the marker on the right bit of the bar" element that seems to cover almost anything you do that isn't combat related very tiresome now. It requires zero skill and just eats time.
As I'm picking Fallout up on my way home at 7am tomorrow I really can't see myself even being bothered to pick Fable back up and finish it. Guess I'll pass it on to my brother for him to play then hate, as he innevitably will given his extremely critical nature.

I still love it. I loved the first one as well despite the shortcomings that other people seemed to find with it. Each to their own I guess. I have just got back from the tattered spire and love how the game looks now that Autumn has hit. I was also really proud of the changes at Westcliff due to my investment and the changes in Oakfield. Also, a genuinely tender moment happened when I came home to my wife and son in Bowerstone to see that he'd grown up and that they'd all missed me. Maybe I'm just a big softie. I am now as pure and as good as you can be and my dog is blonde as a result and I own every market stall in the land I think which means I have a nice steady income. I still hope I'll be able to own all of Bowerstone eventually.

I think the main reason I'm enjoying it is that I actually care about whats going on. I try and make my money by doing things other than the boring minigames and the interactions aren't really that important as I don't have to spend a lot ot time doing it now that I'm quite powerful. Even one or two expressions can make someone fall head over heels for me.

+Quote Post
Sir_Robin_the_br...
post Oct 30 2008, 10:10 AM
Post #1333

Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowle

Member No.: 3,662

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Oct 30 2008, 09:42 AM) *
Really enjoying Resident Evil 3 at the moment, it's been a long time since I've played it. Normal mode is too easy but i will say I think it's a better game than Resident Evil 2 (If you aren't playing on the easier setting, it gives you to many weapons and too much ammo too early on, also infinite ink ribbons).

Give it a run through on Hard if you get around to it, it's nicely balanced difficulty-wise although you will spend a fair bit of time running away from the Nemesis (which I think is the appropriate reaction really)

You'll also find that ammo mixing becomes an essential part of staying alive and keeping enough bullets to take down the Nemesis when you have to. It's really fun.

I'm going to give a speedrun a go on the Gamecube version soon, I reckon I can get that elusive A rank with a little bit of effort.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Oct 30 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #1334

Serenity.

I will give it a go on hard on my next run through. I've played the game a fair few times before just not for ages. Hard was brilliant because fighting the nemesis actually has a point most of the time as you can pick up new weapons/weapon parts from him. Thinking about it I really wish I'd played it on Hard now, you get a sweet shotgun and pistol off of him.

+Quote Post
logger
post Oct 30 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #1335

Guests

I went through all 4 Resi games recently and I have to say3 was my least favourite. It could be down to being killed by Nemesis a lot.

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 87 88 89 90 91 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:27 PM