Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome to the Next Level, a.k.a. The Video Game Thread
NiteFall
post Nov 5 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #1411

Invader.

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 2,823

So I've slowed down a bit with Fallout, I'm exploring a shade more, finding things, saving tings. Still only level 16 though, so plenty of character improvement available to me I hope.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Nov 5 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #1412

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 5 2008, 07:19 PM) *
So I've slowed down a bit with Fallout, I'm exploring a shade more, finding things, saving tings. Still only level 16 though, so plenty of character improvement available to me I hope.

What's the level cap?

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Nov 5 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #1413

Invader.

Shit. Turns out that it's 20...

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Nov 5 2008, 07:30 PM
Post #1414

Life's a grave, dig it.

Member No.: 2,711

QUOTE (monkeyman @ Nov 5 2008, 09:50 AM) *
It's to the East of the GNR building if I recall, I'll double check when I get in tonight.
I have so much ammo but I refuse to sell it, even if I don't have the guns for it, I have thousand of 5mm rounds but don't use the minigun.....I now carry Lincolns Repeater which absolutely rapes everything, Missile launcher for super mutants, Fat man for same and Behemoths, Combat shotgun for close quarters and then grenades and mines for extra funtimes. I use the hunting rifle for Roaches and other vermin as well.

Cheers, that'll definately be getting a look-see after I escape this virtual reality shenanigans down in a vault 112 (I think).
Is Lincolns repeater what you get for finding the document for the museum (I forget which "document" it is). If so, I know what I'll be doing next.

I have me a flamer and a missile launcher, now them's be fun times.

QUOTE (Nonus Aequilibrium @ Nov 5 2008, 09:24 AM) *
Why is it any worse than any other inventory system that limits how much you're allowed to carry? If anything, it's better, because you can pick stuff up temporarily and use it on the spot even if you don't have room to carry it around all the time.

I suppose that's a fair point, but not really giving you anywere to store un-wanted but still useful items from the get go is a tad irksome. I suppose I could claim a place to be my "safehouse" until I eventually purchase a place of my own but it's just a bit of a hassle.

Oh and blowing up Megaton? Yay or nay? I aren't fussed about karma, I just don't want to miss anything juicy, plot-wise.

This post has been edited by fatseff1234: Nov 5 2008, 07:31 PM

+Quote Post
GundamGuy_UK
post Nov 5 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #1415

The Truth Who The Eyes Met Before!

Member No.: 4,725

I really can't justify buying Fallout 3 until I finish BioShock.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Nov 5 2008, 07:37 PM
Post #1416

Invader.

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 5 2008, 07:30 PM) *
I suppose that's a fair point, but not really giving you anywere to store un-wanted but still useful items from the get go is a tad irksome. I suppose I could claim a place to be my "safehouse" until I eventually purchase a place of my own but it's just a bit of a hassle.

Oh and blowing up Megaton? Yay or nay? I aren't fussed about karma, I just don't want to miss anything juicy, plot-wise.

If you inform the Sheriff of the plan to blow up Megaton AND manage to stop him from being shot by the guy who wants it blown up (have a weapon drawn and be prepared to use VATS as soon as he draws) you get a house in Megaton for free as part of your reward.

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Nov 5 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #1417

Life's a grave, dig it.

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 5 2008, 07:37 PM) *
If you inform the Sheriff of the plan to blow up Megaton AND manage to stop him from being shot by the guy who wants it blown up (have a weapon drawn and be prepared to use VATS as soon as he draws) you get a house in Megaton for free as part of your reward.

Ooooo. Tempting. And if all goes kerbooom?

The level 20 cap seems a bit...well, shit to be honest. There's me expecting some uber-level goodness ala Oblivion.

+Quote Post
Omniscia
post Nov 6 2008, 03:33 AM
Post #1418

Candygram!

Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE (NiteFall @ Nov 5 2008, 02:37 PM) *

Really? I did that, and no one informed me! You'd think they'd tell you these things in-game...

QUOTE (fatseff1234 @ Nov 5 2008, 05:33 PM) *
Ooooo. Tempting. And if all goes kerbooom?

I don't know about if it all goes kerboom, but if you don't save the sheriff from being shot, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you took his house key.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this so far. It's exactly what I was hoping S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would be like.

And I died for the first time tonight! I was exploring near the outdoor cinema, when I got a little too close to a trailer, which I presumed was unoccupied. Big mistake: There was a Super Mutant Brute armed with a rocket launcher waiting for me. Blew me up good. So I reloaded, snuck around and caught him off-guard, and used my hunting rifle in V.A.T.S. to get a critical hit or two to his head. It didn't put him down, of course, or even do that much damage, but he wasn't able to use that rocket launcher of his anymore, for whatever reason. I just kept back-pedaling and firing everything I had at him, and about 60 10mm rounds later, it was all over.

This post has been edited by Omniscia: Nov 6 2008, 03:42 AM

+Quote Post
fatseff1234
post Nov 6 2008, 06:03 AM
Post #1419

Life's a grave, dig it.

QUOTE (Omniscia @ Nov 6 2008, 04:33 AM) *
Really? I did that, and no one informed me! You'd think they'd tell you these things in-game...

I don't know about if it all goes kerboom, but if you don't save the sheriff from being shot, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you took his house key.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this so far. It's exactly what I was hoping S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would be like.

And I died for the first time tonight! I was exploring near the outdoor cinema, when I got a little too close to a trailer, which I presumed was unoccupied. Big mistake: There was a Super Mutant Brute armed with a rocket launcher waiting for me. Blew me up good. So I reloaded, snuck around and caught him off-guard, and used my hunting rifle in V.A.T.S. to get a critical hit or two to his head. It didn't put him down, of course, or even do that much damage, but he wasn't able to use that rocket launcher of his anymore, for whatever reason. I just kept back-pedaling and firing everything I had at him, and about 60 10mm rounds later, it was all over.

How are you people so good at this game? I was dying in the vault for fucks sake tongue.gif. I'm not quite that bad but there is a looot of re-loading that goes on. And I usually take out super mutants in two to three shots to the head, and thats just with my hunting rifle, not my precious laser baby. (It's like a water baby, but not.)

+Quote Post
zeden
post Nov 6 2008, 07:33 AM
Post #1420

When doves cry

Member No.: 4,533

If you blow up Megaton you get a home in Tenpenny Towers instead.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Nov 6 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #1421

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

The thing that's been annoying me is that I've been doing some of the main story and I've got all sorts of shit I want to sell, and stock up on stimpacks etc, yet there's absolutely bugger all places to do so on the way.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Nov 6 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #1422

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

Level 13 and have 100 in Science, Lockpicking, Small guns and Big Guns. Is good.

Just did the Reillys rangers mission which was great fun as well, the armour reward for that was very good. Im off to find the Declaration of Independence now. I also found my 3rd bobblehead in Rivet town.
I still have only really explored the bottom right corner of the map, so I still have a hell of a lot to see and do. The game is overwhelming in that sense, but at least it is damn good value for money. My only gripe is that I am going to hit the level cap way before I see and do everything, it would be nice if you could level more and still have the enemies scale with you, if only to give you something to do skills wise.
i realise it'd make it a bit redundant because you'd be able to get most perks and max all skills but not levelling at all will suck.

Played LittleBigPlanet for a bit as well; I love it. It looks great and plays great, sure the opening levels are simplistic and hand holdingly easy, but they are tutorials for the most part to get you used to how the game works. I've read that the later levels are really tricky and have loads of cool mechanics throughout.
I had a little play in the create mode as well, it is incredibly simple yet incredibly in depth. I can see I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

Stephen Fry narrating every tutorial is complete win as well.

+Quote Post
NiteFall
post Nov 6 2008, 02:46 PM
Post #1423

Invader.

Anyone else found some unique weapons yet? So far I have the Mesmetron, Waser Wifle, Protectron's Gaze, Terrible Shotgun, Lincoln's Repeater and the Vampire's Edge.

+Quote Post
monkeyman
post Nov 6 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #1424

Serenity.

Member No.: 5,170

I have/had: Eugene, Lincolns Repeater and (I forget his name) The androids Laser gun. Heh, Waser Wifle.

+Quote Post
Nonus Aequilibri...
post Nov 6 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #1425

Better to reign in hell...

Member No.: 2,676

Kei, does the PC version come with an editor like Oblivion and Morrowind did?

+Quote Post

634 Pages V  « < 93 94 95 96 97 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 02:33 AM